New Grower Hey Ho, Let's Grow! LEDs/Autopots

I can’t decide whether to cut them now or wait awhile longer. Trichomes are cloudy and I read somewhere that it’s better to harvest sativas when the hairs turn red/orange and cloudy trichomes. I’ve also read that the trichomes should be mostly or partly amber - depending on where you read it.

I decided to cut a lower branch and dry it in the oven so I can sample it. Did 20 minutes at 170 degrees. It was still a bit wet but smokeable.

This is some potent dope! If drying in the oven degrades the weed, I can’t wait to try it after I dry it properly.

To cut and dry or not to cut and dry... I still can’t decide. When I grew my Blue Dream photos, I waited for the amber trichomes and that was really nice weed. Should I wait for them now? Shouldn’t be long from now for them to develop I think. But it’s already really potent. I don’t know!!!

Reactions: wes
Can I see a picture?

05E0A640-2C9C-4BA4-A529-31AA25E938BB.jpeg
37687EB1-BF20-4261-8C73-F03BEB978582.jpeg
8FA57832-99AB-47F3-8280-AE5152E97D47.jpeg
Can I see a picture?
Lol. Sorry. I’m house sitting and dried and smoked the weed over here. I’ll post photos when I get back. Meanwhile, I took these microscope pics yesterday.

As a general rule earlier harvest is more uppety buzz, later harvest more sedative. But it’s all a matter of preference. Best advice is to cut a sample bud, chop it up on a plate and place overnight in a warm spot. I find the pilot light of my oven to be perfect for drying overnight samples. If it’s to your liking, it’s time to harvest. If not, wait a week. But some pics would definitely help getting a consensus from the group.

Exactly what Wes said! Depends on what kind of buzz you like. You could chop now, or you could wait a week. Either way I’d love to see a pic of the whole plant, and shots of a few colas.

Ok guys. I’ve got some pics. Had to pull the plants out into white light. What a bitch with Autopots! The pics are of two different plants.

One I’m sure I want to wait on because their are still a lot of white hairs.

The other is from space - it has more resin and is stickier and smellier. Almost all hairs are red/orange. It also has a long cola.That’s the one I’m considering taking down. (Of course! :rofl:)

71E09FEF-5BDF-4A55-9F53-4EC39D74788E.jpeg
1CFF4D5F-6D12-4543-85A5-D18569CD41F9.jpeg
FB8E641E-3957-411C-A582-233FC591290C.jpeg
CED0C683-EED8-439E-8E4D-FADA2A236453.jpeg
ADA2CCC5-110A-44BC-AF05-89AD8774BF26.jpeg
83F352FE-DE4A-4477-8F38-DC957F47F9C0.jpeg

Nice pics. The first cola pic, you could probably take that any time if it’s to your liking. The others I’d let go another week then reevaluate. It’s all up to personal preference, but nice job. Congratulations! Sending some well earned rep.

Wow! That cola is a beauty. If that was mine I’d cut it.
:woohoo1:

Nice pics. The first cola pic, you could probably take that any time if it’s to your liking. The others I’d let go another week then reevaluate. It’s all up to personal preference, but nice job. Congratulations! Sending some well earned rep.
Thanks wes! I’m pretty stoned on the sample I took of the first one. That’s the one I want to cut down. Thanks for the advice and rep! Think I’ll buy a new pair of clippers tomorrow and cut her down.
:worship:

:slap:
Congratulations! Tell me, to flush or not to flush?

Back