New Grower Hey Ho, Let's Grow! LEDs/Autopots

Manufacturers, such as Viparspectra, recommend just veg initially, then near flowering turning on bloom while keeping veg on as well. I'm only just finishing my first grow, but have run full spectrum the entire time. The extra light can't hurt unless it's too close, and even if parts of the spectrum are less useful at different points in the cycle, there is bound to still be some benefit from the extra light.

I'm also running my viparspectra with both on for entire grow. Seems to be pretty common. :thumbsup:

4B259FA6-6DD6-4FDA-A8FF-777378405710.png
C4AE714F-AF2C-417B-ADD5-D34ABC30F65E.png

46A00CD4-00A8-46B1-BC89-5AB177AFB421.jpeg D02E70CB-8AC6-4E45-94AE-6CBA6F1EE7D4.jpeg

It’s almost harvest time and right on time. Growers Choice said 8 weeks and it’s been 7 1/2. (Though i vegged for about 7 weeks as well.) The trichomes are cloudy and more and more red hairs develop each day. My house smells like citrus and earth. Just waiting for more red hairs and then I’ll harvest next week probably.

I’m preoccupied with my next grow. It will be my first time with all organic materials. I bought subcool style super soil concentrate and will mix it with some awesome organic soil a lovely young man at a grow shop recommended. It was only $10.60 for a 1.5 Cubic foot bag and it’s killer soil by Oregon’s Only. Bought some extra perlite to mix in too. The super soil requires water only, just like biotabs, but at 1/2 the cost for me. All the nutrients are in the soil. I still am interested in biotabs but perhaps it’d be less expensive if they were more available in the US. I think I may use compost tea as a foliar spray.

I found these awesome “Cow Pots” on Amazon - they are seedling pots made out of cow poop. You don’t have to transplant your babies and roots pass through them more easily than peat pots. Can’t wait to try them. I’ll use rapid rooters and these pots to start.

Plantable Seed-starter CowPots, Garden Pots For Healthier Plants, Made With Renewable Energy, 3 Inch Square Pots (Pack of 12) Amazon product

I still haven’t decided on the strain. I’m leaning towards Chem. ✌️

Attachments

• 31DDB7B2-F793-4450-88EB-0187A0E6891C.jpeg
    31DDB7B2-F793-4450-88EB-0187A0E6891C.jpeg
    244.5 KB · Views: 68
  • B902ADA9-A2F0-410D-8A7F-81DC8C342421.jpeg
    B902ADA9-A2F0-410D-8A7F-81DC8C342421.jpeg
    211.2 KB · Views: 62
Hi NewDream! Your ladies look awesome. What an exciting time. Your house must smell wonderful! Home sweet home!

So, did I understand that right, 14 total weeks or so? How do you feel like your setup worked for you? Any changes planned for your next grow, other than strain and organic soil?

Hi NewDream! Your ladies look awesome. What an exciting time. Your house must smell wonderful! Home sweet home!

So, did I understand that right, 14 total weeks or so? How do you feel like your setup worked for you? Any changes planned for your next grow, other than strain and organic soil?
Yes that’s about right. Will be 15 weeks total.

This grow, I struggled with amounts of nutrients and learning to use the Autopots. I top-watered two plants (an Autopot no-no) and nearly drowned them which stunted their growth. I finally got a good balance of nutrients and additives at the end, but there is definitely a learning curve. I’m switching to organic in hopes that it simplifies maintenance of the plants. No struggles with amounts of nutrients or nutrient burn. (Also learning about the live nature of organic soil has been really interesting, though I’m no scientist.) All I have to worry about is filling the reservoir with good water... I hope.

I’m looking in to possibly getting autopots. Do you recommend them? Can you still use them with organic soil?

Reason being, I’m running 3 5 gallon DWC buckets. My big girl drinks a gallon a day and it has to go back in. The 2 younger northern lights are ramping up their water intake as well. It won’t be long. Daily maintenance, and lots of it. I can’t go away for even a weekend. Running the Autopots, I think I could go on vacation for a week, which is coming up in May.

The main drawback I see with Autopots is I couldn’t run plants of different ages. Are there other drawbacks?

Did you have to purchase the air domes separately or did they come with the system?

@davisgirl I love my Autopots. This grow I used straight coir mixed with growstones and with four plants and a 12 gallon reservoir, I only needed to refill the reservoir after about a week and a half - and there would still be a couple gallons or so in there.

I’ve been reading up a lot and it appears that you can use them with soil. Lots of people do. I think it’s a perfect match for organic super soil or biotabs since you only need to fill the reservoir with water since everything is in the soil. And there’s a very small chance of nutrient burn with organic fertilizers. It sounds awesome so I’m giving it a try.

The air domes I bought separately and I bought them on Amazon or eBay because the price was lower than Autopots USA. Some people say the domes are unnecessary and I’ve seen great plants without them, but I was sold on them when I watched a YouTube vid of a guy who planted peppers with and without the domes. The plants with domes were slightly taller and the peppers were longer. Not a very scientific study, but it still sold me on the domes.

I have a four pot system but I bought two extra pots so I can do six (the legal limit per person in California). The extra pots I also bought on amazon as they were slightly cheaper that way.
I’m curious about the smart pot autopot system. Seems ideal if you’re growing one or two big plants.

Attachments

• A58D58B9-4BCB-4027-BEC6-744287853A23.jpeg
    A58D58B9-4BCB-4027-BEC6-744287853A23.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 33
  • C86DFAD9-F4B5-4426-9154-A15EE779BF6D.jpeg
    C86DFAD9-F4B5-4426-9154-A15EE779BF6D.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 36
An excellent sativa choice my dear, love the exotic packaging.

Hi ND.

Your grow is looking good!
I got nothin to add cuz I don't know nuthin.
Keep doing that to do that you do so well....
:)

615F5DED-7B81-4EB2-86C6-731EB15B89AD.jpeg
Hello Gypsy Widow!

The new seeds are opening. They seem to change hourly at this stage.

The Tangerine Dream is ready for harvest. I may cut them down this evening. (Except for the 2 I nearly drowned. They need more time.) Will post photos.

Back