New Grower Hey Ho, Let's Grow! LEDs/Autopots

:slap:
Congratulations! Tell me, to flush or not to flush?
No flushing for me. I read that was not necessary but I’m aware it’s a controversy of sorts.

By the way, I discovered some cannabis art I really like. They are by Califari and they are posters representing different strains. I bought this one since I love Blue Dream and it was my first grow.
E8C9356D-5643-4ECB-B1F6-C57A851707E4.jpeg

And some others. I want them all!
2BBD9C0F-CD36-48ED-BEDE-345078704523.jpeg

I’m not planning to do a proper flush this grow. One less thing to muck up.

I adore the art.

Reactions: wes
No flushing for me. I read that was not necessary but I’m aware it’s a controversy of sorts.

By the way, I discovered some cannabis art I really like. They are by Califari and they are posters representing different strains. I bought this one since I love Blue Dream and it was my first grow.
View attachment 976396

And some others. I want them all!View attachment 976397
Gutted none of these posters are available in the UK.... They're awesome .

Gutted none of these posters are available in the UK.... They're awesome .
Sorry my friend, I didn’t mean to tease!

I cut her down and hung her up. From main trunk/stem to top, the cola measures about 20”! Can’t wait for her to dry so I can weigh the flowers.
27151A97-C2E1-4F62-9450-62CF96BCE486.jpeg

I want to pick your brain on the autopots system. I’m thinking about getting the 4xl setup for my 4x4, putting the nutrient reservoir outside the tent. Do you have any advice?

I want to pick your brain on the autopots system. I’m thinking about getting the 4xl setup for my 4x4, putting the nutrient reservoir outside the tent. Do you have any advice?

I have my reservoir outside the tent, up on a stool I bought, and it works fine. You’ll have to use a vent/hole close to the floor to thread the water tubing through if you can. In my case I don’t have a vent or hole low enough so I just unzipped the bottom a bit to run it through. The waterline has to stay lower than the reservoir in order to work. That might be a problem if I decide to do photos - then I’d probably have to put the reservoir in the tent so I could zip it up all the way to provide total darkness.

Other advice I got from a more experienced Autopot user is to have an extra set of tubing ready at all times. That way if your line(s) get clogged, you can just switch the tubing setup out for a clean one. I still need to put my extra lines together, but I think it’s a good idea.

I’m excited that you may get the xl because I’m curious about them. I want to see your grows in them. My setup has four 3.9 gallon pots. I’m watching for a low priced 8x4 tent. When I get one, I’ll set the Autopots up for six pots.

Happy thanksgiving!

Thanks @NewDream ! Happy Thanksgiving! I’m worried about all 4 fitting in there. But I really want the XL. I also want the air domes.

Other than soil/clay pellets, extra tubing, and the stool, what will I need to buy to get the system up and running? I’ve already got the air pump.

Last edited:
Thanks @NewDream ! Happy Thanksgiving! I’m worried about all 4 fitting in there. But I really want the XL. I also want the air domes.

Other than soil/clay pellets, extra tubing, and the stool, what will I need to buy to get the system up and running? I’ve already got the air pump.

I bought a submersible water pump that I put in the reservoir to keep the nutrient solution from settling or separating - it keeps it mixed.

You’ll also need a good air pump to attach to the airdomes. You might get extra tubing for the domes too as the tubing it comes with isn’t very long. I didn’t get any and could arrange the pots only in certain ways as the tubing wasn’t long enough to turn the plants all the way around.

I also got a small, fine fish net to clean out any hairs or debris that found its way into the reservoir. (I have a dog whose hair seems to get everywhere.)

I can’t speak to how 4 XLs will fit in a 4x4 but I’m guessing you’ll be good with the reservoir outside the tent. My 4 3.9 gallon pots fit in there well and have good space. In fact I could probably squeeze six in there but I want my plants to have more space.

That’s all I can think of for what you’ll need. Oh! When you put it together, just make sure you lodge the half-moon on the water valve onto the plastic T in the saucer really well. I didn’t and had a little flood. (This’ll make sense when you get it.)

Back