New Grower Hey Ho, Let's Grow! LEDs/Autopots

Awesome! Thank you NewDream! Is there any way you could send me a link to the water pump you use?

Reactions: wes
E4D9F464-5237-48D4-B73F-70193F4C9BC5.jpeg
9B331A7C-D04A-4041-96C1-53161B72DD3F.jpeg
Spent the day trimming the tree I cut down. I’ve got a good amount of bud. The cola ended up being about 17”. The buds are still too wet but they’ll dry faster now and then I’ll weigh them.

I found a particularly dry little bud and popped it into the pipe. Very sticky stuff. Nice sativa high. I’m happy with my harvest.

:baked:

Last edited:
2B579BB4-A29B-4EA5-9B3D-DBE61F33223C.jpeg
It was the last one so I had to buy it. After all, it’s my first auto strain.

I think I scared the front house neighbor’s weed dealer. My friend and neighbor mentioned to him that I got a grow tent and led light. Dealer told him I wouldn’t be able to grow in a grow tent with an led. I would need to do some electrical work and get a whole different setup to grow weed. ?! Not sure if he’s really that dense or just fighting to keep his customer, because he doesn’t know I don’t plan to deal it.

It just cracks me up - so many people, online and in my life - who think their way is the only and right way. It reminds me of my Filipino relatives who each thinks that the others don’t make chicken adobo right because their recipe is different. In reality, they all taste good but are just slightly different.

With weed, there’s tons of methods and combos that seem to work. From using simple fluorescent lights and 2x4 pieces of wood to build light fixtures and planting in miracle grow soil to hydroponics with $1000 hid bulbs on movers to aeroponics which I know little about. It can be simple or complicated and you can still grow a nice plant.

Here’s a photo, from the book Buds for Less by SeeMoreBuds, of the light fixtures he built from wood, sockets and pieces of flat, bendable metal for joints. He plants in Miracle Grow soil and feeds the plant plain ph’ed water throughout the grow. He grows 8 ounces of bud this way and spends less than $100 doing it.

68FD55A4-3AD4-44C6-B442-225D406C3E74.jpeg

Marijuana Buds for Less: Grow 8 oz. of Bud for Less Than $100
Amazon product

That’s awesome! It’s true - there are so many different methods and none of them are wrong LOL.

NOBODY knows I’m growing except you guys. And that’s how I like it.

That’s awesome! It’s true - there are so many different methods and none of them are wrong LOL.

NOBODY knows I’m growing except you guys. And that’s how I like it.
I was more discreet when it wasn’t legal, though I did have my medical recommendation. Now, everyone is growing in California it seems. Now that it’s legal, why not? Lots of “used once” grow equipment for sale on Craigslist here. I keep watching the ads for a bigger grow tent. Problem is people want to charge too much. If the price is anywhere close to the $120 one you can get on Amazon, I don’t want it. I want a steal gawdamit or I’m buying it new.

I was more discreet when it wasn’t legal, though I did have my medical recommendation. Now, everyone is growing in California it seems. Now that it’s legal, why not? Lots of “used once” grow equipment for sale on Craigslist here. I keep watching the ads for a bigger grow tent. Problem is people want to charge too much. If the price is anywhere close to the $120 one you can get on Amazon, I don’t want it. I want a steal gawdamit or I’m buying it new.
I hear ya! I hope you find the perfect 4x8. It’s funny, you can spend a hundred, or five hundred LOL. I’ve toyed with the idea of a 4x8 myself, but at the end of the day, there is only so much I can smoke! And I’d love to have a grow going all the time. I am really enjoying this process.

Reactions: wes
Back