Live Stoners Hello fellow Gardeners

A Gardener

working Jah garden
Reaction score
High everyone, I'm a gardener.

Long time smoker and board lurker.

Finally decided I'd got to get involved, chose this site for the quality of the members and info. And it's autos I love. I've utilised a lot of info from here (and other sites) ever since 2012 when I did my first grows (apart from some bagseed misadventures in my youth).

I'd been off herb about three years, but still had the fever for the flavour (and always will!). Autos were what made me grow. Quick, small nice weed. I was in.

Relatively green fingered in general, didn't want to go for an indoor setup due to cost. These were three mixed squeaky bum time back garden/greenhouse stealth grows of Buddha White Dwarfs and Seedsman auto blue. It was amazing to have harvested my own weed.

The same summer I put out a White Widow and a Dutch Passion #1 in a guerrilla spot. Unfortunately deer ate the WW but happily harvested the Passion in the autumn. Very much enjoyed the guerilla experience and philosophy.

Brief gap for life to resolve a few issues but all the time I was planning an indoor grow. Summer 2014 I got a .76 x .76 x1.8 tent. 4" extract with a rhino filter, twin 250w CFLs and away I went. Grew a Fast Bud #2, an Afghan Kush Ryder and a Fruit automatic. An amazing experience. Full of worry; will they sprout..... will they grow..... will they auto..... will I get buddage ...... will I get mould ....... will I get caught ....... will I get high? Ha! Harvested 4.2oz in total.

Full of knowledge and learning, can't wait to have a few more grows under my belt. Lost all my photos but will be adding new ones in future.

At the moment have a Dutch Passion Auto White Widow, another AKR, a Cropical Fruit and a g13 Diesel at 58 days from planting. I anticipate a chop early April. Can't wait because I foolishly went empty jarred, and am munching shortbread made with butter from my trim/sugar. Again, learned from here. I reason I'd like to crop approx 14oz per year and anticipate either 2 short winter/spring grows and a longer summer one..... or possibly as I dial in and up yields, just a spring and autumn grow.

Then..... I have a few seeds to pick from for my grow starting in April. I'm favouring a 12 week grow of Pakistan Ryder – Cash Crop – Sour Crack – Love Potion.

Then I've got Think Different - Fruit –Northern Lights Big Bud –Royal Queen Bubble Kush. Which will be a longer/taller grow.

Then maybe 6 plants where I don't LST and let them grow more vertically from smaller pots.... Afghan Kush Ryder – Mohan Ram – Buddha Cheese - Sensi Skunk - B.Lee - La Bella Afrodita. Too much for the space I'm sure but so tempting just to experience new varieties.

Thoughts appreciated.

Happy and productive gardening to all of you. One love.

Last edited:
Aloha AG welcome I look forward to seeing your grows. Sounds like a very promising line up.

Thanks very much. Had a lot of fun drooling over seedbanks! I had seeds left of varieties from my first grow, but I had to get some new ones in. Figure I'll be using those seeds in tent eventually or .... maybe outdoors .....my eye does wander whilst I roam my fair county. Also got freebie photoperiods......

If you're going to be a monkey, be a guerrilla.

Hello A Gardener,

Welcome to AFN. I too am new here. I would love to see your current AKR that's at day 58. Here is a pic of one that I have going at day 44. She is sitting at just under a meter in height of the main cola and she is in full flower so not much more in height I expect. Hope to see more from you. The Muffin Man.

Attachments

• 20150312_075132.jpg
    20150312_075132.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 49
Cheers man, yours look lovely. I'd be reassured of a nice harvest.

Have you seen my review of my last AKR in strain reviews?

I'll do my best to get a pic up today, but one obvious difference is I don't really have a dominant cola. I LST a lot, due to growing CFL I really try to get an even canopy so can get all buds as close as possible.

Cheers man, yours look lovely. I'd be reassured of a nice harvest.

Have you seen my review of my last AKR in strain reviews?

I'll do my best to get a pic up today, but one obvious difference is I don't really have a dominant cola. I LST a lot, due to growing CFL I really try to get an even canopy so can get all buds as close as possible.

No, I haven't seen your report but I sure will go look. Yeah I hear you on the training. This being my first grow I was rather scared. In the end I did open mine up a bit so the secondary colas could get some more light. I now know a little more for the next time. I started opening everything up way too late.

I will say this, training will have to be strain dependent. Im growing a Lemon Haze opposite that AKR and, damn it! she's a Beast. I went back and reread the strain review from Emerald Triangle, they said it, I just didn't read it in the begining. Im not complaining, just saying that I couldn't grow 5 Lemon's in my tent as they would out grow it quickly. I truly think I could take my 4'x4' tent and cover it with 2 Lemon Hazes. Im using mh/hps and hydro though. I am hoping for the good harvest but I am a big believer in karma and I really don't want to count my chickens before they hatch. TMM

Totally agree on the chickens, I hope for at least 1oz per plant but consider every gram a blessing.

Tie those girls down I say. Imagine your next grow, laying some of that cola out laterally and what it might do. Though caution is advised, they repair well. I've even dared to supercrop some of my cropical stems this time, I use boxes to raise different strains for an even canopy but it was getting too much so did rather than lose them.

Heres my AKR taken today. Its 30cms tall from dirt.

Attachments

• SAM_1224.jpg
    SAM_1224.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 43
This is my White Widow.

Fat hairs.

Can't wait.

Attachments

• SAM_1229.jpg
    SAM_1229.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 61
Damn it! Man!!!!!! I can only hope my AKR looks that good in the end. That WW pic is interesting as I have a Fast & Vast going also and its Afghani x Skunk x WhiteWidow. Looks like that has some awefully good looking parents.

Yes it's very different to the other plants I've grown so far in that each stalk has formed these egg shaped buds on top with a really congested profusion of thick hairs> I have high hopes. It's slower than the AKR and Diesel but figure it's going to explode with frostiness. Though I did accidentally top it by 3" at about week 5 when I indulged in some special shortbread fuelled LST.

I did consider Fast n Vast. Lots of good stuff said. Tbh though, having kept things small and tight and doing mixed grows.... the vastness put me off.

Going by your photo I expect you'll be very happy in a month. The tension mounts heh?! Look at it, you've got to believe you've got a beautiful lady, and she's putting out.

A pic of more of the WW....

Attachments

• SAM_1228.jpg
    SAM_1228.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 29
Back