Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

I've seen water distillers that are modded and sold for this use, but i don't know how safe they are. Yeah, I've been eyeing the Source Turbo for years now lol!

Hello fellow hash lovers. I am spending too much on grain alcohol. Does anyone use a product or have some sort of hack for reclaiming the alcohol?
I saw a product made for this purpose but it was 600 dollars...
Looking for a more affordable solution, any suggestions would be appreciated:smoking:

I've seen water distillers that are modded and sold for this use, but i don't know how safe they are. Yeah, I've been eyeing the Source Turbo for years now lol!
:face:
I read through the description, becoming more and more excited. Then I saw the price.

I guess while I'm here I'll throw up a pic. This is from ultimate trim. Smells like candy and tastes awesome.
IMG_20220130_135214592.jpg

Hello fellow hash lovers. I am spending too much on grain alcohol. Does anyone use a product or have some sort of hack for reclaiming the alcohol?
I saw a product made for this purpose but it was 600 dollars...
Looking for a more affordable solution, any suggestions would be appreciated:smoking:
You can pick up an air still for about $200. which will save you a lot of money in the long run. You still lose some because the dry matter sucks up the alcohol.

Water distiller/purifier 4L 750w various makers over the years, but they all look pretty much the same try ebay £55-£85. No modifications needed, perfectly safe provided a few basic steps are taken (ventilation/no naked flames) bigclive on youtube plays about a bit with them.
:pighug:

Water distiller/purifier 4L 750w various makers over the years, but they all look pretty much the same try ebay £55-£85. No modifications needed, perfectly safe provided a few basic steps are taken (ventilation/no naked flames) bigclive on youtube plays about a bit with them.
:pighug:
Interesting. I might try that route.

Interesting. I might try that route.
The thing is the Air still is made for alcohol and there are no fumes it gets condensed it comes out at about room temp so there is a very little safety issue. I also believe it was UL.
I thought about buying one of those cheap ones and thought it is just not worth burning the place down. My friend has one that he has had forever.

Made a 4.2 g ball of hash from some of the 73 micron hash. Went from a golden brown to a dark brown after heat treatment. Really like kneading dough when you do this. Apply heat and roll out. Then fold back up and heat it over and over. Finally roll it up and store it like flower while burping it.
Should be ready in 3 months but may let it age longer.
View attachment 1404018
I think it looks good!

I did some dry-sift that worked out badly. First, I thought 65 microns was large and 220 was small. I ended up with a bunch of leaf powder and credit cards and bowls covered all over with the stuff I wanted to smoke.

Then I went in the right direction from large to small using dry ice. It was a little stronger than bud but a huge disappointment. Probably because I started out by forcing too much. I feel like getting good hash would almost have to leave a lot behind and think next time I'll be more careful and pick up what's left behind in everclear.

My next harvest should be over 10 ounces (hoping for a pound) and I should be able to get good at this then.

Just completed processing the Extra plants for this years outdoor photo's. I like to work outside in the shed & today was great -7c and sunny.
I hope this batch will last till spring as :biggrin:

also!!!!!!:frog: pics...
View attachment 1406024
View attachment 1406025

View attachment 1406026
View attachment 1406027View attachment 1406024View attachment 1406025View attachment 1406026View attachment 1406027
OMG if it doesn't last you're going to need to expand your growing area. :dizzy:(If the smiley face to the left is in focus you're in great shape!)

Last edited:
Back