Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

Just saw that dry ice is back in stock at my local store...............just under 4 miles.

That means a hash run this weekend!

I hope to hell I better get more than 35 to 40% return from squishing my pretty golden hash! LOL!
I put a little bit in my Evolve Plus vape and hits hard as hell and there's almost nothing left. I hit it a couple times with a little brush and it's ready for more. So the quality and purity is there.
I guess we'll see later. I just wanted to get a better idea of what to expect and get some questions answered.
Thanks for the input guys!
I use small bags when pressing kief, probably would do the same when I run hash. press club 1.25.
You know sometimes I have not had the best return but mostly with flower which I think could input, not the perfect bud, or not trimmed tight. got some 160 bags and some 24k that is ready.
But it fucks you up and that is what matters. I did a lot better with kief but did not process it through a smaller screen first so I end up somewhere between 30 -35.
I love the little vapes have several in my pencil cup, instant access. I load a few at a time I have the regular evolve and it has a lot of power. like the donuts for aggressive cleaning.

I use small bags when pressing kief, probably would do the same when I run hash. press club 1.25.
You know sometimes I have not had the best return but mostly with flower which I think could input, not the perfect bud, or not trimmed tight. got some 160 bags and some 24k that is ready.
But it fucks you up and that is what matters. I did a lot better with kief but did not process it through a smaller screen first so I end up somewhere between 30 -35.
I love the little vapes have several in my pencil cup, instant access. I load a few at a time I have the regular evolve and it has a lot of power. like the donuts for aggressive cleaning.
Yeah, I have the quartz donuts too.

LOL! Gotta eat my own words!
Good estimates on return guys!
First run gave right at 30% return. I didn't tare correctly to give exact results.
Next run was packed and pre-pressed better.
Made the package 1.5in square for the Mini. I also only single bagged it. There was a good amount left in the bags on the first run. With carefull packing, a good pre-press and low N slow with a good pre-heat, I think it minimizes the chance of a blowout......and I'm not doings a ton.
Pre-heated for 45 seconds at 160*F with plates toughing with no pressure. Slowly increased the pressure with the last 45 seconds was full pressure. Total squish was 3min - 3m15sec.
I tared properly and got 42% return.
I'm happy with the return of my first hash squish and the quality is sure there.

It's much lighter in real life.

IMG_20210523_084049419.jpg

Just fired up the Yocan with a load of Blue Dragon hash in it. What a perfect pair! I know there are fancy concentrate pens out there, but I don't need one! This Yocan Evol Plus does a great job with hash. I too use the donut coil and mine has been in the pen for months. Now I don't hit it a lot, sometimes several times a week, then my not touch it for a month, depends how the mood strikes me. But it is very reliable cpmpared to other pens I've tried hash in.

Just fired up the Yocan with a load of Blue Dragon hash in it. What a perfect pair! I know there are fancy concentrate pens out there, but I don't need one! This Yocan Evol Plus does a great job with hash. I too use the donut coil and mine has been in the pen for months. Now I don't hit it a lot, sometimes several times a week, then my not touch it for a month, depends how the mood strikes me. But it is very reliable cpmpared to other pens I've tried hash in.
Yep!
You made an excellent recommendation! I would have got the Plus version, but it didn't have the ceramic donut coil available. Didn't really need it! It really rocks!

I just got my (r) evolve which is a lower power model, I also have the regular one and they both are amazing. It was on sale for 22.50 us.
You can't beat it. The chambers are a bit deeper than a normal small vape.

I have the donuts for mine, must be they just weren't available. And I got mine for like 1/2 price on everybodydoesit.com! And yeah, this has power alright lol! Almost choked myself to death with one hit a bit too BIG!

Yep!
You made an excellent recommendation! I would have got the Plus version, but it didn't have the ceramic donut coil available. Didn't really need it! It really rocks!

Strange stuff here! :funny:

I just finished with some hash squishing and gathered 3 grams of rosin. I put it in the silicon jar and then into the decarb aluminum capsule and decarbed in the press @ 240*F for 30min.
I let the press and capsule cool to room temp with pressure still on.. It gives the little pop when I slowly relieve the pressure. I pop the top to look at the results and they look like the last.
I sat the bottom half of the jar on my marble collection plate..........actually a candy/chocolate board being repurposed. :biggrin:

I guess it was a good thing I let the top off for a while.. I guess the carbon dioxide couldn't escape during the decarb. Should I have stirred it after popping the top to let the CO2 out? I carefully stirred it with my tiny dab tool and it was fine. 3g is the max for that jar.

IMG_20210528_193326010.jpg

Strange stuff here! :funny:

I just finished with some hash squishing and gathered 3 grams of rosin. I put it in the silicon jar and then into the decarb aluminum capsule and decarbed in the press @ 240*F for 30min.
I let the press and capsule cool to room temp with pressure still on.. It gives the little pop when I slowly relieve the pressure. I pop the top to look at the results and they look like the last.
I sat the bottom half of the jar on my marble collection plate..........actually a candy/chocolate board being repurposed. :biggrin:

I guess it was a good thing I let the top off for a while.. I guess the carbon dioxide couldn't escape during the decarb. Should I have stirred it after popping the top to let the CO2 out? I carefully stirred it with my tiny dab tool and it was fine. 3g is the max for that jar.

View attachment 1323743
Damn bro my dab nail is cleaned and ready anytime:hookah:

Looks amazing!

Back