Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

Well, I cracked my first temple ball yesterday. ...........8-9 months old.

JESUS! I didn't expect for it to be that damn good in taste and smell! I vaped it first in my Evolve vape and it hit hard as hell! Two hits and I was totally baked 5 min later and it went from there! And that was a very small chunk!
The first time you crack one of your own is definitely something special. The process for creating the ball makes for a really unique product.

I would have it in that Ardent to decarb & then do the alcohol evap. That should catch anything remaining.
That's what I was thinking of doing. What would be the best duration for the mixture to sit in the freezer? I'm just gonna let it sit outside to evaporate. I've a vacuum pump, but it's way too expensive to use for that without setting something up to protect it.
The first time you crack one of your own is definitely something special. The process for creating the ball makes for a really unique product.
Man, that sure is an understatement! I think it hits harder than rosin. It sure is more flavorful. That may be because I used fresh froze material and dry ice for extraction. I will make more for sure

That's what I was thinking of doing. What would be the best duration for the mixture to sit in the freezer? I'm just gonna let it sit outside to evaporate. I've a vacuum pump, but it's way too expensive to use for that without setting something up to protect it.

Man, that sure is an understatement! I think it hits harder than rosin. It sure is more flavorful. That may be because I used fresh froze material and dry ice for extraction. I will make more for sure

According to my instructions (but this is from my NOIDS pot thing) you should let the decarb herb infuse for 3 hours - but it says this should be at room temp, so not sure if the freezer would be less or more. Instinct tells me it would be more, as freezing slows things, but that's only me guessing.

According to my instructions (but this is from my NOIDS pot thing) you should let the decarb herb infuse for 3 hours - but it says this should be at room temp, so not sure if the freezer would be less or more. Instinct tells me it would be more, as freezing slows things, but that's only me guessing.
I was just going by what I've seen others in vids do to it in the freezer.part.

Well, after all the hash shakes were done, I put all the worked material on a couple of my BBQ aluminum trays and put an osculating fan on them. I stirred every few hours. Once fairly dry, I filled my Ardent FX twice to decarb and infuse in coconut oil with reusing the oil from the first run in infusing the last run.
Definitely worth the effort to extract what was left in the material. Pretty dang powerful oil, just not quite as concentrated as the butter I made a few months ago, but that was made with decarbed hash. I had to use a razor blade to slice off little bits.

Well, after all the hash shakes were done, I put all the worked material on a couple of my BBQ aluminum trays and put an osculating fan on them. I stirred every few hours. Once fairly dry, I filled my Ardent FX twice to decarb and infuse in coconut oil with reusing the oil from the first run in infusing the last run.
Definitely worth the effort to extract what was left in the material. Pretty dang powerful oil, just not quite as concentrated as the butter I made a few months ago, but that was made with decarbed hash. I had to use a razor blade to slice off little bits.

Excellent news mate, glad it was worth it. I've not had the opportunity to use my pot yet, but I'm looking forward to it - hopefully this weekend.

Question: How long is kief going to last in storage?

Forever if frozen. Years if in the fridge. What will happen is lf left at room temp it will age/cure. Thc will turn into cbn. Will make red oil be really stoney. Fridge will slow that process down of aging. Freezer will stop it forever

How are you storing it?
I am collecting it as I grow from a 2.5 x 2.5 tent. Still new to growing but I started saving when some strains just drop alot. I then started grinding and sifting. Anyway, I was concerned I could not accumulate fast enough. I am filling those Diabetic Test Strip bottles. From the post below I will keep in the freezer.

Back