Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

My guess would be butane. Looks well nice
yea nice light color but unless you have a vacuum chamber to properly purge all the butane out your going to be smoking it so if i have to do something with a solvent i use iso i feel its the lesser of two evils i try to only smoke solvent less as much as possible

Made some ice hash or bubble hash as it is called out of approx 4 oz of trim left over in the freezer. This was my 1st attempt at bubble hash. Last time I made dry ice hash.
Although dry ice provides far more hash it is more contaminated with plant material
25/73/120/160 micron bags were used. I mixed the 160 in with some other dry iced hash to make edibles later on. The picture shows almost 10 grams of very sticky hash collected from 2 rounds.
I have about 14 oz of White Widow ,GG#4 and Wedding Cake to make into hash next. I am excited to see how it turns out.
20210512_130445_resized.jpg

Made some ice hash or bubble hash as it is called out of approx 4 oz of trim left over in the freezer. This was my 1st attempt at bubble hash. Last time I made dry ice hash.
Although dry ice provides far more hash it is more contaminated with plant material
25/73/120/160 micron bags were used. I mixed the 160 in with some other dry iced hash to make edibles later on. The picture shows almost 10 grams of very sticky hash collected from 2 rounds.
I have about 14 oz of White Widow ,GG#4 and Wedding Cake to make into hash next. I am excited to see how it turns out.
View attachment 1317879
I'm doing some dey ice hash this evening. I see most using the larger micron bags. But that lets through more plant material. I'm thinking just use the 90m bag? I don't make edibles so the larger stuff that most use to cook with I'm not going to use.
Is 90m too small? Should I use larger?

View attachment 1317879
looks great how many washes have you been doing with the material ?

I'm doing some dey ice hash this evening. I see most using the larger micron bags. But that lets through more plant material. I'm thinking just use the 90m bag? I don't make edibles so the larger stuff that most use to cook with I'm not going to use.
depending on how long/hard you shake the material will determine how much plant matter gets into the sift it can be small enough to get through a 25 micron screen
you could do it in 2 or 3 batchs 30s shake 1st grade 1min 2nd grade and so on

good stuuf man great light color how long did you soak the material ? was it cured bud or trim
It was uncured trim and I stirred it for 10 minutes for each round.
Next is my well cured weed with at least 50% amber at harvest. Should be a knock-out.

looks great how many washes have you been doing with the material ?
Hey Trichome farmer, I only did 2 washes this time but for my well cured and mature weed it will be 3 washes with longer cycles each wash.
I am fairly new to this but if I was to make more dry ice hash I would think 90 and perhaps a 73 would be fine. I think I used a 220 for the 1st shake and then went much smaller. been a while though.

Back