Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

It was uncured trim and I stirred it for 10 minutes for each round.
Next is my well cured weed with at least 50% amber at harvest. Should be a knock-out.
you could go up to five or more if you have the stamina to wash that much if your still getting decent returns sometimes you get the best yield on the 5th wash all depends on the strain and quality :d5:

you could go up to five or more if you have the stamina to wash that much if your still getting decent returns sometimes you get the best yield on the 5th wash all depends on the strain and quality :d5:
I know 3 cycles still produces but 5 you say?... alright 5 it is next session.

I know 3 cycles still produces but 5 you say?... alright 5 it is next session.
i usually stop washing when im getting less than a gram from the 73-90u bags just judging by eye

Gotta dry ice hash squish question
What gives more return and flavor?
Fresh hash
A couple of weeks old hash

If fresh, how soon after shake? I'm just a little worried about moisture from condensation. My biggest concern is the product in the Bubble Bowls, since I have to collect it between shakes. Should I collect the bowls and place the product on parchment and let it sit for a few hours?

On the second part of each round, I shake into a large round smooth bottom tray, like a planter tray. It's black and I can see the product easily. It's not subject to the cold, so it doesn't sweat. Is that product dry enough to squish after I'm finished with all the product that I'm running that session? I'm thinking I'll get a few more so I can let the trays sit and collect that product when I'm finished with the run.
I just want to avoid the strange crap I saw from YT vid with an ice water hash squish where the product had a little moisture when squished. It looked like a blowout, but wasn't.

I made a couple batches last week, I have 3 more in the freezer waiting for some free time. I took it and let it sit on parchment paper for 2 days to make sure it was dry. Then I pressed it into little pucks.

My question is should I use heat? I've read it changes the texture and flavor/ smell?

Gotta dry ice hash squish question
What gives more return and flavor?
Fresh hash
A couple of weeks old hash

If fresh, how soon after shake? I'm just a little worried about moisture from condensation. My biggest concern is the product in the Bubble Bowls, since I have to collect it between shakes. Should I collect the bowls and place the product on parchment and let it sit for a few hours?

On the second part of each round, I shake into a large round smooth bottom tray, like a planter tray. It's black and I can see the product easily. It's not subject to the cold, so it doesn't sweat. Is that product dry enough to squish after I'm finished with all the product that I'm running that session? I'm thinking I'll get a few more so I can let the trays sit and collect that product when I'm finished with the run.
I just want to avoid the strange crap I saw from YT vid with an ice water hash squish where the product had a little moisture when squished. It looked like a blowout, but wasn't.
I'm still confused about the moisture part. Dry ice is frozen C02. It's a solid form of gas. If you let it sit, it sublimates, it doesn't melt. I'm wondering why you would think the hash absorbs moisture from this. Dry ice is so cold it's void of any moisture. If you're absorbing moisture it's from the sides of the bubble bowl because the dry ice sits in it too long. The air is being cooled to the point where it condenses because it's so cold. Below are a frew examples of what my dry ice hash looks like right after it comes out of the bubble bowl. After my final trim, I let the trimmings and larf sit until it doesn't stick to itself. I've pressed right after the hash run and had decent results.
20200306_160253.jpg

20200807_173953.jpg

20201008_164205.jpg

20201008_170300.jpg

20200807_184925.jpg

It's just the bowls that concern me really and it's from the condensation on the bowls like you said. The time it worried me was when I didn't have the area as cool as I should have.......more condensation.
The hash I collect out of the bowls have always been simply beautiful and very golden.

I'm prolly just overthinking it. That vid did kinda freak me out.

So, which gives better returns, fresh or a couple weeks old and are the flavors different enough to matter. That with properly stored hash.

It's just the bowls that concern me really and it's from the condensation on the bowls like you said. The time it worried me was when I didn't have the area as cool as I should have.......more condensation.
The hash I collect out of the bowls have always been simply beautiful and very golden.

I'm prolly just overthinking it. That vid did kinda freak me out.

So, which gives better returns, fresh or a couple weeks old and are the flavors different enough to matter. That with properly stored hash.
Return is all about the starting product and how familiar you are with your press. I usually get around 35 to 40% yields with hash. Flower is usually around 20%. As for flavor the fresher the better. There are terpenes and flavanoids that will gas off at room temp even. The longer you wait, the more oxidation and gassing off will occur. In an ideal world, you fresh freeze (24 hrs or less from harvest) then you use a ice water machine, once that comes out, freeze dry it, them press it. That's how you get live rosin/resin.

Return is all about the starting product and how familiar you are with your press. I usually get around 35 to 40% yields with hash. Flower is usually around 20%. As for flavor the fresher the better. There are terpenes and flavanoids that will gas off at room temp even. The longer you wait, the more oxidation and gassing off will occur. In an ideal world, you fresh freeze (24 hrs or less from harvest) then you use a ice water machine, once that comes out, freeze dry it, them press it. That's how you get live rosin/resin.
I hope to hell I better get more than 35 to 40% return from squishing my pretty golden hash! LOL!
I put a little bit in my Evolve Plus vape and hits hard as hell and there's almost nothing left. I hit it a couple times with a little brush and it's ready for more. So the quality and purity is there.
I guess we'll see later. I just wanted to get a better idea of what to expect and get some questions answered.
Thanks for the input guys!

Back