Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

been a while so :coffee:also a fan of concentrates,extracts and all things cannabi :smoker1: and dry sift in particular :thumbsup:maybe less than half of that gets pressed.
i do like a sprinkle on a joint,a dollop on a dab rig,a bong topping.
IMG_0361.JPG

and a link cause i feel like im spamming :coffee2:
:pighug:

I tried the ice water method using around 12 grams of trim from my last grow not sure how much hash I got but ended up with 4 good spliffs up I was gonna buy some bubble bags but didn't see the point
1st run
hash 1.jpg

2nd run
hash 2.jpg

This is not my work copied and pasted from the interwebs but it's the method I followed

This is a fairly quick extraction method that allows for a good quality product. It will not be 'bubble' quality, but it allows for a good hash from waste materials.

-------

Materials:

1 quart jar
1 pitcher (or larger container)
1 metal screen (window screen, I use a fish-gravel strainer)
A piece of fine sheer cloth material (I used some material from lingerie of my wife's)
Some coffee filters
Ice cubes
Freezer(not neccessary really, but I like it)

First I take all my dry plant material, and crush it up through the screen into a bin (the orange one pictured)

I place the crushed plant material into the quart jar.

added about 8 good ice cubes

Added water untill the jar was 3/4 way full

placed lid/ring back on and shook for 10 mins thoughouly

(this picture shows little floating leaf, most of it's at the bottom. This is because I have ran these leaves 3 times already and they are really soaked)

placed in freezer for 20 mins

removed and shook for 5

replaced in freezer for 30 mins

removed and placed on counter and gently 'twisted' the jar a bit every few mins to help seperate the plant material (floats) from water/trichromes (bottom layer)

once the plant material had sat for a while and thoughouly seperated, I then used the metal screen to pour off the top layer as best possible.

Then taking the finer material, I strained off the first liquid product

then taking that second liquid product I poured it through a coffee filter, this process taking about 30 mins, as it filters slowly.

Then scraping the filter, pressing it all together and then on come cardboard. Put in dry place for a while then scrape up and ball it up!

been a while so :coffee:also a fan of concentrates,extracts and all things cannabi :smoker1: and dry sift in particular :thumbsup:maybe less than half of that gets pressed.
i do like a sprinkle on a joint,a dollop on a dab rig,a bong topping.
View attachment 1149250
and a link cause i feel like im spamming :coffee2:
:pighug:

I hear that mate. I have some mediocre bud which I put a little sift onto, really elevates the smoke.

I tried the ice water method using around 12 grams of trim from my last grow not sure how much hash I got but ended up with 4 good spliffs up I was gonna buy some bubble bags but didn't see the point
1st run
View attachment 1151307
2nd run
View attachment 1151308

Nice work man. I've always wanted to do ice extraction, but so messy & cold. Gets good results though.

This is not my work copied and pasted from the interwebs but it's the method I followed

This is a fairly quick extraction method that allows for a good quality product. It will not be 'bubble' quality, but it allows for a good hash from waste materials.

-------

Materials:

1 quart jar
1 pitcher (or larger container)
1 metal screen (window screen, I use a fish-gravel strainer)
A piece of fine sheer cloth material (I used some material from lingerie of my wife's)
Some coffee filters
Ice cubes
Freezer(not neccessary really, but I like it)

First I take all my dry plant material, and crush it up through the screen into a bin (the orange one pictured)

I place the crushed plant material into the quart jar.

added about 8 good ice cubes

Added water untill the jar was 3/4 way full

placed lid/ring back on and shook for 10 mins thoughouly

(this picture shows little floating leaf, most of it's at the bottom. This is because I have ran these leaves 3 times already and they are really soaked)

placed in freezer for 20 mins

removed and shook for 5

replaced in freezer for 30 mins

removed and placed on counter and gently 'twisted' the jar a bit every few mins to help seperate the plant material (floats) from water/trichromes (bottom layer)

once the plant material had sat for a while and thoughouly seperated, I then used the metal screen to pour off the top layer as best possible.

Then taking the finer material, I strained off the first liquid product

then taking that second liquid product I poured it through a coffee filter, this process taking about 30 mins, as it filters slowly.

Then scraping the filter, pressing it all together and then on come cardboard. Put in dry place for a while then scrape up and ball it up!

Excellent method mate. I might give that a go on my next run.

Did a quick run at the weekend. I have a mate who can't be bothered to run his own hash, so I do the processing, and we split the results 50 / 50. This time he visits with 208 grams of trim. It is from Barney's Farm - Blue Cheese. Smells lovely, far too strong for me to grow. The trim was nice and dry, but not as sticky as I would have liked. He did say, it was only from the bottom of the plants, and not the top trim.

full

full

From that 208g I get a nice ball of goodness. It had started to look a little green, so I stopped processing. The ball says 12.8g, but it's more like 10g without the wrapper. At those figures, we are at quite a low 5-6% return, but hey - free.

full

full

full

After processing, we end up with 9.7g of hash. Sticky on the outside, stinks like a mo fo. I had to double bag it to take in the house.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Thanks man it's not my method but it works fine on small runs can imagine it taking for ever with 208g lol what method do you use

I did another run with the trim before I binned it and kind of tweeked the method the trim was frozen then added it to a deep glass bowl with cold water and 6 ice cubes used a electric whisk mixed it for around 3 mins strained out the plant material filltered the liquid through a coffee filter ended up with a bong or 3 for my effort

Thanks man it's not my method but it works fine on small runs can imagine it taking for ever with 208g lol what method do you use

I did another run with the trim before I binned it and kind of tweeked the method the trim was frozen then added it to a deep glass bowl with cold water and 6 ice cubes used a electric whisk mixed it for around 3 mins strained out the plant material filltered the liquid through a coffee filter ended up with a bong or 3 for my effort

That was one of my larger runs, usually it's only a couple of my small plants. A bong or 3 is always worth the effort.

I have a medium cardboard box, which is converted into a sifter. Medium micron screen, the results are pressed with a little heat.

full

full

Asking the experts.If you would have to buy only one size screen for sifting ,what would it be? I will never have large quantities to process.Trim bin a good idea for multi purpose?

\\\ Drooling looking at that last puck of hash...Nice!

Back