Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

Hey bro, I love your collection of hash!
What press are you using? What is the biggest/heaviest you can get a hash pellet?

Cheers mate, I do like to covet those little pieces lol.

I'm using the original piecemaker, sent direct from Germany - never looked back. I had ruined so many cheap ones, it was becoming depressing, and eventually scraped together enough to pay for this about 4 years ago. It is still like new. The crystals are placed in a thick plastic wrapper, so it does not gunk up everything.

I have put about 8g in it, and it was no problem. You could get more in easily, possibly up to a 1/2oz it would worked it a little. I think the recommended is 10g.

full

full

Hi everyone,

I had my 1st go ever at making some keif last night. I used 200g of Colorado Cookies buds and app. 2kg of dry ice. I sieved with a 160mic bag until nothing more came out, then used a 220mic bag for the last bit. I got 50g + 3g from the 160mic and 20g + 1g from the 220mic bag. Now I just need to figure out how to press it all without spending a lot of money on a press.

160mic
View attachment 1125715View attachment 1125716

220mic
View attachment 1125717View attachment 1125718

160mic 220mic
View attachment 1125719

Very nice mate. You should smoke a bit of that kief, and the answer will just come to you.

Only a suggestion, even if a stoned one... A lot of people use the shoe method, where you take a bit and wrap it up in plastic and walk around with it. You could so some full on insoles (lol), You'd have to bind them really well. All it takes is heat and pressure, and that does both for zero spends.

Made a little more hash over the weekend. Pure Black Dragon buds, very nice. Using my new found process (where I leave the last 10% of the pressing until the kief is warmed), I produced 4.3 grams of very black hash. Next time I intend to press till about 20% left, then do another 10% when warmed - leaving the final 10%. That may create a shard effect within the puck, or at least will leave it a little more open. Can't wait.

full

full

full

full

full

I dry sifted the rest of my harvest and got quite a good return. Around 25% by weight with a 160mic bag and another 10% by weight using a 220mic bag after the 160mic bag. The 2 largest containers are 160 and 220 mic keif from some frosty Dutch Passion Colorado Cookies.

20191115_214115.jpg

20191115_214156.jpg

20191116_001014.jpg

20191116_065059.jpg

20191116_065023.jpg

The small glass jar is app. 35g of 220mic keif from Sweet Seeds Honey Peach CBD buds.
20191116_065451.jpg

Very nice mate. You should smoke a bit of that kief, and the answer will just come to you.

Only a suggestion, even if a stoned one... A lot of people use the shoe method, where you take a bit and wrap it up in plastic and walk around with it. You could so some full on insoles (lol), You'd have to bind them really well. All it takes is heat and pressure, and that does both for zero spends.

Good suggestion but my shoes just aren't big enough :mrgreen:

Cheers mate, I do like to covet those little pieces lol.

I'm using the original piecemaker, sent direct from Germany - never looked back. I had ruined so many cheap ones, it was becoming depressing, and eventually scraped together enough to pay for this about 4 years ago. It is still like new. The crystals are placed in a thick plastic wrapper, so it does not gunk up everything.

I have put about 8g in it, and it was no problem. You could get more in easily, possibly up to a 1/2oz it would worked it a little. I think the recommended is 10g.

full

full

I was kind of afraid you'd say it's a Piecemaker. Thanks for the tip.

Have you tried making a coin from keif from a 160mic bag? Does it go dark from the heating too?

Merry Christmas extract buds. Hope you are all high as f. :baked:

Back to share with you 6.4g of hash made from small buds (oz) & a very generous trim. Girl Scout Cookies & Jamaican Haze. It tastes exceptional.

I'm gonna wreck this right now.

full

full

full

full

I was kind of afraid you'd say it's a Piecemaker. Thanks for the tip.

Have you tried making a coin from keif from a 160mic bag? Does it go dark from the heating too?

Sorry mate, didn't notice you'd replied to this in Nov. Unfortunately I don't actually have bags, as ice hash is way too much bother for me.

I find that if you heat and then press you'll get it to go darker. If I press it, and then heat, it will stay quite light. As long as you have trichs to burst, then it'll go darker. How dark will depend a lot on the volume of normal pant material, at the 160+ range.

Back