Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

Asking the experts.If you would have to buy only one size screen for sifting ,what would it be? I will never have large quantities to process.Trim bin a good idea for multi purpose?

\\\ Drooling looking at that last puck of hash...Nice!

Cheers bud, it smokes like a mother.

I'm not sure what size is on mine, but I can tell you it's around the middle of the list. I don't mind a little plant material, as I believe it adds to the flavour profile, and it's a lot easier to use than full melt stuff.

Depends on how pure you want it though.

Last edited:
What size screen you using I ordered some 100 micron mesh from a company online and made this haven't got round to using it yet

IMG_20200129_111421.jpgIMG_20200129_111415.jpg

I've got both a 150 and 120 micron. I almost always use the 120 micron. Some plant material, but it don't bother me none.

I use a silk screen for printing that is 110 mesh. This is where I trim and "bounce" all of my dried buds. I just let the bud fall about a foot from the surface and afterI am done I scoop up all of the trichomes under it.

Some thing like this Amazon product

I use a silk screen for printing that is 110 mesh. This is where I trim and "bounce" all of my dried buds. I just let the bud fall about a foot from the surface and afterI am done I scoop up all of the trichomes under it.

Some thing like this Amazon product

I tumble my buds a bit to. Gets the ball rolling.

Thanks for the link added them to my wish list will be treating my self when overtime picks up

Pineapple express temple ball, kief from ice water extraction...only wooden rolling pin & hand heat to compress...I was surprised always used hot water in bottle to get the action going), but I got it flat enough by rolling it extremely flat crushing the trics that it really softened in my hand. During drying on Parchment paper (kief dried 2 days after extraction) that night the ball lost its circumference had to re roll it to a ball, let it cure 2 days more in dark cool area & wrapped for a while...about 15 minutes of rolling in hand to get the shine & curing crust...now let biology take over for the next 6-12 months stored...UNLESS !!!
Cracked one ball open the other day Fantasmo kief aged one year, very nice sweet perfume smell...that ball was deep brown/black had used 135f H2O in bottle to get melt going & it oxidized to a darker color.
IMG_5617[37].jpg

Pure art!
Congrats!
\\\off to wipe my drooling!

Edit: Iced water like in bubble bags or the washing machine ?
How much grams of kief in that ball?

Ice bath 200u brewers bag used & a 160u orange bubble bag, 15 min soak super dry crumbled bud then gently stirring for 15 min enough ice so instant read was about 33.5f. Washed 200u bag down with sink sprayer after drained into 160u even gently moved herb & ice around with my hand get all the trics out!

Weight about~5 grams (using my 10x Jewler magnifier, I was shocked that I had maybe 2-3%
plant fiber), must say gently, but rapid stirring in ice bath pays off.
Ice bath Will be my go to for HAsh.
Dry sift on 160u silk screen, brewers bag, etc., will be my go to for home made Thai sticks.
Now those r fun to make & amazing to smoke in a Japanese tobacco pipe...

Back