Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

Today's hash project :biggrin:
20210304_170951.jpg
20210304_170910.jpg

Damn, youall been busy beavers, great lookin pics ...:chef:
I’ve got some Tangiematic I’m letting mature out to amber trics, I guess from some articles I’ve read some of the Lebanese Red hash is from older mature plants...Europeans say it’s a nice sedative type of lift, I’ve got blondes, blacks, well time to add some red to the smorgasbord!?!?
(I’ll be sure to post pics before/after)

Hey I was reading an article on Lebanese hash making yesterday I’d not seen before. According to the traveler he observed them taking older kief that was extremely dry & less oily
putting it into cloth smooth sacks & steaming water over coals, to heat & rejuvenate the kief. Then pounding it into cakes...I thought hell I’ll try that on a smaller scale next time, but just wrap the kief in parchment 10gr per batch & steam in my Japanese bamboo bunn basket “That I never use” or my Broccoli steamer...Roll it out/compress/repeat etc etc...Then back in parchment & on the bud drying rack for drying/curing.
(I think this will solve my dried out sugar leave kief problem.)
I’ve tried the Saran Wrap in wet paper methods etc, but still doesn’t seem to work well with dried out frozen older kief ?

Damn, youall been busy beavers, great lookin pics ...:chef:
I’ve got some Tangiematic I’m letting mature out to amber trics, I guess from some articles I’ve read some of the Lebanese Red hash is from older mature plants...Europeans say it’s a nice sedative type of lift, I’ve got blondes, blacks, well time to add some red to the smorgasbord!?!?
(I’ll be sure to post pics before/after)

Hey I was reading an article on Lebanese hash making yesterday I’d not seen before. According to the traveler he observed them taking older kief that was extremely dry & less oily
putting it into cloth smooth sacks & steaming water over coals, to heat & rejuvenate the kief. Then pounding it into cakes...I thought hell I’ll try that on a smaller scale next time, but just wrap the kief in parchment 10gr per batch & steam in my Japanese bamboo bunn basket “That I never use” or my Broccoli steamer...Roll it out/compress/repeat etc etc...Then back in parchment & on the bud drying rack for drying/curing.
(I think this will solve my dried out sugar leave kief problem.)
I’ve tried the Saran Wrap in wet paper methods etc, but still doesn’t seem to work well with dried out frozen older kief ?

Make sure you stick up some pic of the process when you get to it mate. Sound like it'll work to me, the steam will provide all the heat you need. Just need to sort out pressure & you are there.

Few more little bits done for fun, I'm quickly running out of material to work from LOL
My last bit of quality Afghan kief and a gram of good quality ISO, 0.15 difference on the scale is the part I had to scrape off my fingertips and smoked LOL
20210309_113428.jpg
20210309_122944.jpg

Back