Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

I would think that hash would deteriorate more slowly than bud being compacted into a dense form, only the outer layer is exposed to ozone andO2, etc. it's a Cannabis's flower open structure allows air into it,. Vacuum sealing bud is said to greatly extend it's storage life.
I'm willing to bet refrigerated and or frozen hash would last quite a while with little deterioration.

I believe the issue due to the resin glands being ruptured in the hash making process, and that makes the degrading happen faster.

Think I'm going to stick with my current process, and freeze everything I'm not smoking in the next month. It has worked so far. :hookah::pass:

Half litre bottle 16 Euro.... 5 Litre 66 Euro..... I know what size ISO I'm buying from now on, very little material left to play with though so I hope these Bloody Skunk keeps going at warp speed :biggrin:

Me too! Could have work overtime today,easy bucks $$, but choose work from home!
Some nice patties in there.
I guesstimate the big one to be close 10g when dry.View attachment 1294096View attachment 1294096View attachment 1294097
Ended up with about 24g .
This time,i chose not to mix together and kept the same microns together.
One ball got more crumbly stuff but very smokable!
Don't know how long i'll resist smoking it...
16154948446403754762970024943652.jpg

Ended up with about 24g .
This time,i chose not to mix together and kept the same microns together.
One ball got more crumbly stuff but very smokable!
Don't know how long i'll resist smoking it...View attachment 1295714
Ahhhhh,,,what a cute family... :drool:
“The Balls” residing @ 420 Hash Ave !

(Just a pic of the torture chamber, runnin full red led until these puppies bleed Amber trics...Small Tangiematic
hermies, loading up for some good hash soon...wanting some body numbing sleepy hash !?!? ...day 91)
54761DA4-F916-4600-96FE-246C38DB3A28.jpeg

Well, after having two stores telling me they had dry ice and didn't, I found a little over $10 worth @$1,29 lb. :grrr1:

Now to the Bubble Bowl shake of HBSS!
I did learn a few things!
1. Don't pack the freezer bags!!!!!!! Especially with a REALLY sticky fresh frozen canna!
2. Fully break up said sticky buds! LOL!

HBSS had pretty big trichs. There was not a lot in the 120-90 size. The first shake in all the bowls was 1min 30 seconds. Second shake was until I saw a slight color change....about 3 min.
I kept the first shakes together. I'm just not picky enough to separate the two bowls. The first shake
I worked a good bit less than half and got 37g in the first shake and 68g in the pretty high quality second shake. Very pretty results!
I'm going to take the wet worked material and dry it on a few of my BBQ trays. I'm pretty sure there's lots left, so with my Ardent FX coming in I can decarb it and infuse it into probably coca butter.I do have some coconut oil too for some brownies I bought a french press to strain the oil today also. I found a black tray, like a plant pot tray, but with a smooth bottom. Great to shake into on the second shake.
If it's not strong enough, can you infuse oil that's already been infused?

Here's the results.
IMG_20210419_203755850.jpg

Well, after having two stores telling me they had dry ice and didn't, I found a little over $10 worth @$1,29 lb. :grrr1:

Now to the Bubble Bowl shake of HBSS!
I did learn a few things!
1. Don't pack the freezer bags!!!!!!! Especially with a REALLY sticky fresh frozen canna!
2. Fully break up said sticky buds! LOL!

HBSS had pretty big trichs. There was not a lot in the 120-90 size. The first shake in all the bowls was 1min 30 seconds. Second shake was until I saw a slight color change....about 3 min.
I kept the first shakes together. I'm just not picky enough to separate the two bowls. The first shake
I worked a good bit less than half and got 37g in the first shake and 68g in the pretty high quality second shake. Very pretty results!
I'm going to take the wet worked material and dry it on a few of my BBQ trays. I'm pretty sure there's lots left, so with my Ardent FX coming in I can decarb it and infuse it into probably coca butter.I do have some coconut oil too for some brownies I bought a french press to strain the oil today also. I found a black tray, like a plant pot tray, but with a smooth bottom. Great to shake into on the second shake.
If it's not strong enough, can you infuse oil that's already been infused?

Here's the results.
View attachment 1309074

Looks great, way more than I ever run with...by far! :)
Found this, because I’ve never done what u did, just cured-frozen-dry ice- sift-done, dry sift & bubble bag.

Types of Solventless Hash
By ogcrush-admin on March 19, 2020
Quote:
“Fresh Frozen Dry Sift – is the most complex from all sift extractions, but regarding quality, it is the cream of the crop. The main goal is yet again, separating the resin from the plant. As the name of the method hints, the flower material is being processed wet, right after harvest, when plants are placed into a freezer, and later on, lyophilised using a freeze drying machine. The next step would be yet again, sieving through fine screens. The whole process takes place in freezing temperatures, to prevent change of temperature that could result in terpene degradation. This method is very challenging, but many claim, that the result is the tastiest solventless extract.”

&
“(Lyophilization or freeze drying is a process in which water is removed from a product after it is frozen and placed under a vacuum, allowing the ice to change directly from solid to vapor without passing through a liquid phase.)”

Hash Rosin – uses a technique similar to flower rosin, but the difference is, that dry sift is used instead of flower material. The main benefits are: higher yields, better color, consistency and higher terpene count. Dry sift is pressed using lower temperatures, resulting in much lighter colors. The quality is later reflected by the time of curing and starting material.

cover-1-1024x567.jpg

Fresh Frozen Hash Rosin – FF
HR has the highest rank in rosin. This is pressing Ice Hash baby, so get your seatbelts on. Ice Hash has a consistency of fine sand at this stage. It is full of terpenes, but at this point they are “hibernating” hence the resin is dry. Then the ice hash is pressed basically the same way as Hash Rosin. The size of rosin bags should be from 15-37u. The result is unmatched, consistency reminiscents saccharified honey or butter (again depending on the quality and type of material, and also the length of curing). FFHR can also be modified by various methods for example Solventless Sauce Jam, which can be filled into cartridges.

hash-rosin-colected-crop-1024x501.jpg

Solventless THC-A – Solventless THCa is the most potent solventless extract ever. The only method of production is by repeated squeezing of hash rosin over different sizes of rosin bags, where liquid and oily substances are extracted from the extract until only a light, crumbling mass with a low terpene content but a high THCa content remains.

THAC-A--1024x499.jpg

Man, a whole world I didn’t know about (I’d certainly like to try the Fresh Frozen Hash Rosin (like yours) osin technique !!!
This is why I like these forums... get u to think & ask questions I didn’t think to ask!?!?

Back