Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

with dry ice hash there is a habit of shaking for too long,introducing green stuff.
technically temple balls is from live plants,and the temple balls frenchy makes is typically from water hash.
from dry sift it can be done,but it kinda has to be fairy free from green stuff.i find 53-90 dry sift works ok 105 and above is to green for a temple ball.any old rubbish can be pressed into a coin/puck.
if the bottle of water isnt burning the fingers off you,then it aint hot enough.the dank dutchess has a few vids on bottle tech or whatever its called,and why its tricky with dry sift.
keep er lit
:pighug:

I let the starting product sit in dry ice for 2 minutes to chill it, then shake for a 1 to 2 minutes. I just keep checking the material for contamination. When I collect it, it usually starts balling up on its own. If it sits for any period of time, I have to use a credit card to cut it up. I only make it with my final trimmings and a larfy buds.
Just start the hash making/pressing from that point. If you're using BubbleBowls and you shake into a bowl, gather it up and spread it out and let it dry a bit. With all the cold, it will draw some moisture from the atmosphere. If you're shaking on some big flat surface, it will dry quickly.

Gather your shake, boiling hot water bottle, gloves and parchment paper and do this:

Pressing Old School Hashish into New School Templeball

with dry ice hash there is a habit of shaking for too long,introducing green stuff.
technically temple balls is from live plants,and the temple balls frenchy makes is typically from water hash.
from dry sift it can be done,but it kinda has to be fairy free from green stuff.i find 53-90 dry sift works ok 105 and above is to green for a temple ball.any old rubbish can be pressed into a coin/puck.
if the bottle of water isnt burning the fingers off you,then it aint hot enough.the dank dutchess has a few vids on bottle tech or whatever its called,and why its tricky with dry sift.
keep er lit
:pighug:
I've watched Frenchy making temple balls, but I used The Dank Duchess, even though she spells it wrong, she'll correct you. :rofl:

Just start the hash making/pressing from that point. If you're using BubbleBowls and you shake into a bowl, gather it up and spread it out and let it dry a bit. With all the cold, it will draw some moisture from the atmosphere. If you're shaking on some big flat surface, it will dry quickly.

Gather your shake, boiling hot water bottle, gloves and parchment paper and do this:

Pressing Old School Hashish into New School Templeball

In theory shouldn't the dry ice evaporate most of the moisture being so cold? My starting material is always frozen as well.

In theory shouldn't the dry ice evaporate most of the moisture being so cold? My starting material is always frozen as well.
It gets the moisture from the air as it cools. When you use a bowl to catch the shake, the bowl gets cold for more moisture. If you shake on to some big surface, by the time you clean up whatever you used to shake wit, it will be fully ready. Just gather and press. Just follow what that entertaing young lady did in the vid and be patient and thorough.

I bought a BUNCH of stainless wire racks and stainless tables from a friend when a company that was renting one of his warehouses just folded up and left everything during the last big recession. I kept some, but sold most, made a quick $10G, but my neighbor wanted the smallest one. It would have been perfect to shake on!

Fresh frozen or dried canna?
If it's fresh frozen, you could have too much veg material in the results and that will add moisture.
I'm grasping. Mine worked great.
Mainly dried, I did try some fresh just to see how it worked. A lot was older leftovers that I didn't want to smoke. I'll try shaking less next time. Here's a big 15 gram chunk that I rolled with a hot wine bottle and a quarter ounce of Guava 120 micron dry ice.

Attachments

• VHHE9333[1].JPG
    VHHE9333[1].JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4499[1].JPG
    IMG_4499[1].JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 51
I tried the same thing with some Dry ice hash made from white widow and a 73 micron bag. I did manage to get it to roll up into a ball but it was not that toffee like consistency I was hoping for.
My take on it is you need a fully ripe more pure form of resin to have that better hash and make Frenchy's type of temple balls.
Here is what I ended up with.
View attachment 1260920View attachment 1260921
Per Frenchy—
“Color-An early harvest of milky and light amber resin glands produces the White and Blond Lebanese. Altitude is also a factor, where climatic conditions dictate an earlier harvest at higher altitudes. A late harvest of plants left in the fields until the end of their cycle, drying standing, will produce the Red Lebanese(Trycs turn to reddish amber); the superiority of its quality may be due to the full ripeness of the trichomes.”

Oven technique: (not Frenchy)
Try wrapping in turkey oven cellophane bag, Use half of the bag to wrap the kief in a tight square
& scotch tape tite.
Then wrap & tape in newspaper(any paper) & moisten it with hot water.
Then wrap in one layer tinfoil, no tape necessary.
Place into 325f oven 10 min.
Remove from oven, remove all packaging except the taped cellophane.
Now using 190-200f Hot water bottle begin the rolling process very slowly Until you see the kief start to darken
roll roll roll & roll.
Repeat process Until Kief turns to Taffy... Repeat again if necessary
(I’ve been successful using this technique with kief containing as much as 20% or so plant fiber, But let’s face it it’s a hell of a lot of work)!

(Some folks will sprinkle water on the kief per above technique before going in the oven... This works but you need to dry/cure the ball wrapped in parchment paper outside of any sealed container or you run the risk of mold, for one week or so, I just put mine in the kitchen cabinet and forget about them for one week.

My first ''almost kief'' I did today :smoking:
I was trimming stuff on my Plant No.7 aka The Bonsai and chucked the stuff in a little cardboard box on top of the lights overnight, today after it was well dried I used a little siev and gentle finger crushing, fun little experiment but it was actually fairly potent.
Pics after my micron whatever separation... :)

20201210_111343.jpg
20201210_111319.jpg

Per Frenchy—
“Color-An early harvest of milky and light amber resin glands produces the White and Blond Lebanese. Altitude is also a factor, where climatic conditions dictate an earlier harvest at higher altitudes. A late harvest of plants left in the fields until the end of their cycle, drying standing, will produce the Red Lebanese(Trycs turn to reddish amber); the superiority of its quality may be due to the full ripeness of the trichomes.”

Oven technique: (not Frenchy)
Try wrapping in turkey oven cellophane bag, Use half of the bag to wrap the kief in a tight square
& scotch tape tite.
Then wrap & tape in newspaper(any paper) & moisten it with hot water.
Then wrap in one layer tinfoil, no tape necessary.
Place into 325f oven 10 min.
Remove from oven, remove all packaging except the taped cellophane.
Now using 190-200f Hot water bottle begin the rolling process very slowly Until you see the kief start to darken
roll roll roll & roll.
Repeat process Until Kief turns to Taffy... Repeat again if necessary
(I’ve been successful using this technique with kief containing as much as 20% or so plant fiber, But let’s face it it’s a hell of a lot of work)!

(Some folks will sprinkle water on the kief per above technique before going in the oven... This works but you need to dry/cure the ball wrapped in parchment paper outside of any sealed container or you run the risk of mold, for one week or so, I just put mine in the kitchen cabinet and forget about them for one week.

Nice info bud. I must get more Frenchy, he's always popping into my conversations these days.

My first ''almost kief'' I did today :smoking:
I was trimming stuff on my Plant No.7 aka The Bonsai and chucked the stuff in a little cardboard box on top of the lights overnight, today after it was well dried I used a little siev and gentle finger crushing, fun little experiment but it was actually fairly potent.
Pics after my micron whatever separation... :)

View attachment 1263583View attachment 1263584

You have to start somewhere man, and what's the worst that can happen eh?

Back