Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

It's not Hash, but a little bit of Blue Cheese BHO - The stuff of Dreams lol.

full

full

I even bought a little dab bong to enjoy it with, though still waiting on this to arrive.

Dabs Bong.jpg

A couple of weeks ago I attempted to make Frenchy-style temple balls with some of the 55g of kief I posted a pic of.

It had been handled gently when sifting, but was from mostly older trim. I couldn't get it to the nice melty pliable product that Frenchy does, and was unable to roll it into a ball.

I'm thinking... Do I need to use some fresher starting product to get Frenchy results?

It made a nice 11g slab which I enjoyed and Ive pressed a few large hash coins with my Piecemaker hash press.

Any ideas on why I was unable to roll a temple ball that I can try... or should I just press a bunch of coins with what i have left and wait for my next harvest and try with fresher material?
20201111_152923.jpg
20201111_153036.jpg
20201111_154236.jpg
20201111_153615.jpg

Would a little moisture like a few drops of whiskey or tea/water get it started, just in case the kief isn't pure enough and to much dry plant material dust in it?

A couple of weeks ago I attempted to make Frenchy-style temple balls with some of the 55g of kief I posted a pic of.

It had been handled gently when sifting, but was from mostly older trim. I couldn't get it to the nice melty pliable product that Frenchy does, and was unable to roll it into a ball.

I'm thinking... Do I need to use some fresher starting product to get Frenchy results?

It made a nice 11g slab which I enjoyed and Ive pressed a few large hash coins with my Piecemaker hash press.

Any ideas on why I was unable to roll a temple ball that I can try... or should I just press a bunch of coins with what i have left and wait for my next harvest and try with fresher material?View attachment 1260880View attachment 1260879View attachment 1260882View attachment 1260884
I tried the same thing with some Dry ice hash made from white widow and a 73 micron bag. I did manage to get it to roll up into a ball but it was not that toffee like consistency I was hoping for.
My take on it is you need a fully ripe more pure form of resin to have that better hash and make Frenchy's type of temple balls.
Here is what I ended up with.
20201119_175520_resized.jpg
20201119_202719_resized.jpg

I tried the same thing with some Dry ice hash made from white widow and a 73 micron bag. I did manage to get it to roll up into a ball but it was not that toffee like consistency I was hoping for.
My take on it is you need a fully ripe more pure form of resin to have that better hash and make Frenchy's type of temple balls.
Here is what I ended up with.
View attachment 1260920View attachment 1260921
That what mine was looking like...and it kept crumbling when I tried to roll it smoother and shinier.

Pressure, heat and time. Try slowing things up. Looks like you started to get it darkening a little.
Work it more.
Same for JohnEMad
That was 1/2 an hour slowly rolling it under a bottle filled with boiling water. It is almost that good quality but not quite so I am letting it slowly cure for a couple months before trying it.

I sampled the 160 micron hash and it was very good to smoke.

My next try will be with some GG#4 and Wedding cake that I am letting go very amber.
Going to do the ice water method for that along with some kief collected through a screen(dry sift).
So far I am real happy with the high and quality and I have just started this.

Thanks to all who have been posting and helping others to learn how to make hash.
:thanks:

Back