Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

Pressure, heat and time. Try slowing things up. Looks like you started to get it darkening a little.
That what mine was looking like...and it kept crumbling when I tried to roll it smoother and shinier.
I did mine on parchment paper. I had hot water in a Perrier water bottle and it sitting in a rolling boil pot with the top cracked.
I folded the paper in half and put my kief along the fold. I was doing it on the floor, so I laid a large towel down the floor.
I lightly and slowly rolled the bottle on the paper. When I saw it darkening, I flipped it over and worked the other side...lightly and slowly.
Once I got the color darker and more even on both sides, I'd open up the paper to see how sticky it was getting. Once it was evenly sticky, I snapped open the paper, much like when you press buds with the rosin. I took it and kneaded it a bit and put it back on the paper and rolled it some more. Try not to make air spaces when kneading and folding over. Keep that process going. It will take time. It will get nice, dark and sticky with time.
From what I understand, all this rolling and exposure to the heat from the bottle, decarbs the kief. Continued rolling and kneading furthers that process. My little 9g ball took me over an hour to make.
I'm gonna make some more this week.

That was 1/2 an hour slowly rolling it under a bottle filled with boiling water. It is almost that good quality but not quite so I am letting it slowly cure for a couple months before trying it.

I sampled the 160 micron hash and it was very good to smoke.

My next try will be with some GG#4 and Wedding cake that I am letting go very amber.
Going to do the ice water method for that along with some kief collected through a screen(dry sift).
So far I am real happy with the high and quality and I have just started this.

Thanks to all who have been posting and helping others to learn how to make hash.
:thanks:
Yeah, that kief mixed with some buds and put in my desktop vape did my ass in! LOL!

A couple of weeks ago I attempted to make Frenchy-style temple balls with some of the 55g of kief I posted a pic of.

It had been handled gently when sifting, but was from mostly older trim. I couldn't get it to the nice melty pliable product that Frenchy does, and was unable to roll it into a ball.

I'm thinking... Do I need to use some fresher starting product to get Frenchy results?

It made a nice 11g slab which I enjoyed and Ive pressed a few large hash coins with my Piecemaker hash press.

Any ideas on why I was unable to roll a temple ball that I can try... or should I just press a bunch of coins with what i have left and wait for my next harvest and try with fresher material?View attachment 1260880View attachment 1260879View attachment 1260882View attachment 1260884

Yeah man, you need to add heat into the equation. I did 9g a while ago manually, without heat, and it took me ages to work it together - at least an hour, and that was in Summer temps.

Yeah man, you need to add heat into the equation. I did 9g a while ago manually, without heat, and it took me ages to work it together - at least an hour, and that was in Summer temps.
After I use dry ice to extract it from trim and large, I use a pollen press. I usually make them into 1g pucks. Then I smash a few pucks together. Then start forming them into a ball. Maybe easier than just trying to smash dry sift together?

20201008_164205.jpg
20200306_161043.jpg
20201008_170300.jpg

I did mine on parchment paper. I had hot water in a Perrier water bottle and it sitting in a rolling boil pot with the top cracked.
I folded the paper in half and put my kief along the fold. I was doing it on the floor, so I laid a large towel down the floor.
I lightly and slowly rolled the bottle on the paper. When I saw it darkening, I flipped it over and worked the other side...lightly and slowly.
Once I got the color darker and more even on both sides, I'd open up the paper to see how sticky it was getting. Once it was evenly sticky, I snapped open the paper, much like when you press buds with the rosin. I took it and kneaded it a bit and put it back on the paper and rolled it some more. Try not to make air spaces when kneading and folding over. Keep that process going. It will take time. It will get nice, dark and sticky with time.
From what I understand, all this rolling and exposure to the heat from the bottle, decarbs the kief. Continued rolling and kneading furthers that process. My little 9g ball took me over an hour to make.
I'm gonna make some more this week.
I've tried some as well and I wasn't real happy with the result. I will be trying again soon. Not sure what the trick is, I've been doing dry ice method.

I've tried some as well and I wasn't real happy with the result. I will be trying again soon. Not sure what the trick is, I've been doing dry ice method.
Fresh frozen or dried canna?
If it's fresh frozen, you could have too much veg material in the results and that will add moisture.
I'm grasping. Mine worked great.

that looks great super sandy looking how long do you shake for ?
I let the starting product sit in dry ice for 2 minutes to chill it, then shake for a 1 to 2 minutes. I just keep checking the material for contamination. When I collect it, it usually starts balling up on its own. If it sits for any period of time, I have to use a credit card to cut it up. I only make it with my final trimmings and a larfy buds.

Back