Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

First shake was 28.4g
Second shake was 31.68g.

This is what I usually do with that amount. Heat and pressure. The TBs are really nice, but a lot of work & I'm so lazy these days.

20191010_193113 (640x480).jpg

P1040848.JPG

I do most of what Frenchy does when making hash. I don't hand manipulate it as much as he does. My hands would be swollen the next morning. He goes a bit crazy on that part! LOL! I do work it with the bottle quite a bit. I use thee bottle to get it nice and pliable and then make it into squares and squish it with my fingers.

I've come up with what I think would work with what I have available.
Make it into a block, not super thick.
Cut it up in "Hershey Chocolate Bar" fashion. Would full size bar thickness be too thin?
Layer parchment paper and hash in a small tupperware style container.
I can freeze it or if ok, keep in the same place as my seeds in the fridge.
I think I can get them to a consistent size that way. That way I can gauge usage and plan to meet the needs of me and my friend.

Anyone have thoughts on my plans?
Thanks for the input pop22 !

Storage, I would go with freezing - if you have a frost free one. Ice bursts trichs & ruins hash.

If you are going to use your fridge / freezer, then make sure the hash is dry. Should not really be a problem with yours, as the material was dry, but always good to keep in mind.

With the fresh frozen material I worked with dry ice shake. There's still trichs left. I didn't work it that hard. Can I use alcohol extraction method to finish up the material.
My only concern is chlorophyll gonna be extracted too since it's fresh frozen or is that controlled by the soak time?

My turn to make some.
Mephisto Double grape on the left and Super Orange Haze on the right.
Top to bottom,first,second,third and fourth wash for the SOH and one more to go. Left to right,120,73 and 25 microns.
Now,@niceneasy and @WildBill how do you go about drying ? Some nice thick patties...!
160545806845099638802146609825.jpg
16054581878461894771784877663182.jpg
16054581474028318099730045993297.jpg

Last edited:
With the fresh frozen material I worked with dry ice shake. There's still trichs left. I didn't work it that hard. Can I use alcohol extraction method to finish up the material.
My only concern is chlorophyll gonna be extracted too since it's fresh frozen or is that controlled by the soak time?

Yep, no reason why not. I normally do a qwiso or bho run with my trim to wring out the last. The quicker the wash, the clearer the end result generally.

Yep, no reason why not. I normally do a qwiso or bho run with my trim to wring out the last. The quicker the wash, the clearer the end result generally.
Thanks man! I guess I'll keep an eye on the color. Any sort of times I should try? Just a good starting point.

My turn to make some.
Mephisto Double grape on the left and Super Orange Haze on the right.
Top to bottom,first,second,third and fourth wash for the SOH and one more to go. Left to right,120,73 and 25 microns.
Now,@niceneasy and @WildBill how do you go about drying ? Some nice thick patties...!
View attachment 1253782View attachment 1253784View attachment 1253783

Really looks the part that mate. Not sure about drying methods for ice hash, other than slow & steady - a cool, dark place, still in between the cardboard you are using. Make sure it is dry before you properly store it (fridge ./ freezer). How does it smoke?

Thanks man! I guess I'll keep an eye on the color. Any sort of times I should try? Just a good starting point.

30 seconds is the starting point for most, anything longer & it starts to get real dark.

I wanted to put together a thread about the making of, and consuming of hash, with pics (if anyone else would like to share their efforts, please do.) I'll put up the tips and tricks I've found, usually the hard way, and any easier methods than those commonly out there.

The thread is based around dry sift hash, as this is my staple, but again if anyone wants to post their tips for whatever version they do, then go for it. I'm not a hash snob, so will be exploring different methods myself.

I've always been a big hash fan. My first smoke was pressed hash in the very early 90's, where I laughed for at least 40 minutes. Buds were a thing of myth when I was growing up, but there were loads of hash varieties - sticky black, red seal, gold seal, slate, even the dreaded soapbar to name but a few. Some were poor, but some were really good. Most of that skill is lost today, when there are so many different and excellent extracts already. I have created BHO, QWISO, tried shatter, ice hash and others, and for me hash is still the best of all worlds. It keeps the taste of the bud (somewhat), and is usable in joint, vape, and pipe. Easily stored, easy to handle, and is not expensive to make.

Ok then, let's get smoking.

full
full

full

full
Ahhhh mate, I just had a lovely flashback to my first smoke at 16yo at week release college.. I laughed through every lesson that afternoon and I seem to remember the floor being really slippy :smoking:
I'll be reading through the rest of the thread and get some tips for making Xmas dry sift hash out of this lot.. :eyebrows:

IMG_20201119_074450.jpg

Back