Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

If your following Frenchy Canoli's methods then you can make pretty much any shape that's convenient for you. Brick shape works, I remember buy hash from India that came in about 2 ounce bricks. Long term storage, I'd freeze it or vacuum seal it. Or get a pollen press and make it into buttons. You can check out Frenchi's and Bubbleman's videos on youtube for more ideas/information.

I'm gonna have quite a bit of material to work later today. If I don't want to make a bunch of temple balls, what would be the best form to make it into using the hot bottle and parchment paper method ? What size/weight and best method for storage?
Thanks guys!

If your following Frenchy Canoli's methods then you can make pretty much any shape that's convenient for you. Brick shape works, I remember buy hash from India that came in about 2 ounce bricks. Long term storage, I'd freeze it or vacuum seal it. Or get a pollen press and make it into buttons. You can c.heck out Frenchi's and Bubbleman's videos on youtube for more ideas/information.
I do most of what Frenchy does when making hash. I don't hand manipulate it as much as he does. My hands would be swollen the next morning. He goes a bit crazy on that part! LOL! I do work it with the bottle quite a bit. I use thee bottle to get it nice and pliable and then make it into squares and squish it with my fingers.

I've come up with what I think would work with what I have available.
Make it into a block, not super thick.
Cut it up in "Hershey Chocolate Bar" fashion. Would full size bar thickness be too thin?
Layer parchment paper and hash in a small tupperware style container.
I can freeze it or if ok, keep in the same place as my seeds in the fridge.
I think I can get them to a consistent size that way. That way I can gauge usage and plan to meet the needs of me and my friend.

Anyone have thoughts on my plans?
Thanks for the input pop22 !

I'd go thicker to help prevent it drying out, maybe 1/2"?
Also round of the edges as that's where it would dry first. It will keep well in the fridge

Best part of making your own.....? You won't be smoking camel shit! :yay:

="WildBill, post: 2354029, member: 48437"]
I do most of what Frenchy does when making hash. I don't hand manipulate it as much as he does. My hands would be swollen the next morning. He goes a bit crazy on that part! LOL! I do work it with the bottle quite a bit. I use thee bottle to get it nice and pliable and then make it into squares and squish it with my fingers.

I've come up with what I think would work with what I have available.
Make it into a block, not super thick.
Cut it up in "Hershey Chocolate Bar" fashion. Would full size bar thickness be too thin?
Layer parchment paper and hash in a small tupperware style container.
I can freeze it or if ok, keep in the same place as my seeds in the fridge.
I think I can get them to a consistent size that way. That way I can gauge usage and plan to meet the needs of me and my friend.

Anyone have thoughts on my plans?
Thanks for the input pop22 !
[/QUOTE]

One thing is for sure, this sure, this ain't camel crap! I put a flame to a little "worm" and it just started to bubble. :baked:
And that was from the "second shake". I should have shook longer on the first shake. My second shake had pretty minimal veg matter.
I'll adjust my shaking times. Just what I've seen at dispensaries, my second shake will be better that most of their top shelf stuff!
Glad I never bought any of that stuff......quality and just too expensive.

I'd go thicker to help prevent it drying out, maybe 1/2"?
Also round of the edges as that's where it would dry first. It will keep well in the fridge

Best part of making your own.....? You won't be smoking camel shit! :yay:

Well, just finished "da kine shakin' brudda"! . I divided up the material in three even amounts. I had a little over 8lb block and it was plenty.
Trichomes were of different structure than the past rub of the gelato. Not much went into the 90 bowl from the 120 on all first runs. I guess the head were bigger. I just combined to with the other first shake. I extended both the first and second shake from my gelato run. I went to 2 min and 4min respectively.
Considering I was going for quality, I think I got a pretty good outcome.
First shake was 28.4g
Second shake was 31.68g.

Clean up tips:
After the second shake, I take the first bowl with the material and ice and card/brush it's bottom into the collection bowl and then place it back over the main stack and proceed to collect the kief in the second shake bowl. I take the material bowl and temporally place it back on the second shake bowl while I card/brush the bottom of the second bowl, I place the material bowl on the third bowl in the main stack and collect the kief from the second bowl. I do the same for the 90 and the bowl under it.
When I'm finished, I go back and place the material and ice bowl and let it sit for a bit on top of what bowl I want to try and get as much possible off to minimize time and wasted material when cleaning the bowls for storage.

Now all I have to do is find another method to extract the final amount of Trichomes in the worked material. I really don't want to use or rather not use Grain alcohol. But I'm still open.
You guys have some suggestions/methods that I don't have to buy another piece of equipment.........unless there's there's not much of an alternative or a piece of equipment that really easy.

Making the Frenchy Hash is for tomorrow. I'm gonna try to do all of it .

I'm gonna have quite a bit of material to work later today. If I don't want to make a bunch of temple balls, what would be the best form to make it into using the hot bottle and parchment paper method ? What size/weight and best method for storage?
Thanks guys!
Use a screw hash press if u have one, I bought an aluminum one but wish I would’ve bought the stainless steel one for more money, The aluminum shaves off if you press too hard.
Any kind of aluminum piping works, After you heat and rollpress your kief stuff it into the pipe and use a hammer piece of round parchment on top of hash and a dime put it on something solid on top of parchment and pound it use a screwdriver or whatever you have it fits into the pipe so you can compress it on top of the dime , compressing it fast and easy I’ve done that a few times for hash logs, Place it in the refrigerator and later on push it out, wrap it in parchment paper and you’re all set...
Or just roll it up like a Yule log after you have heat rolled it and put it in the parchment paper for storage...And you probably know this but always make sure your Keith is extremely dried unless you are going to keep it outside of a jar it can dry or cure for a week or so, before placing it in a jar in the parchment paper...After my hash ages I eventually put it in the refrigerator.

Back