Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

Got around to working my trim and sub par buds in Bubble Bowls and dry ice. I shook for one min, took the top bowl off and shook for two min in another bowl. The second shake was still pretty blonde and could have shook longer, but I'll just use the material to make some butter or something. I got 9 grams on the first shake and 12 grams on the second shake. I used the second shake to make the ball.
The smells were amazing! I used the hot bottle methods to make my little temple ball. Sorry, I didn't weigh the ball. I still have the first shake to make into a ball. I'm gonna save it and combined it with another run later this week.
IMG_20201109_234704605_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201110_005702470_HDR.jpg

Got around to working my trim and sub par buds in Bubble Bowls and dry ice. I shook for one min, took the top bowl off and shook for two min in another bowl. The second shake was still pretty blonde and could have shook longer, but I'll just use the material to make some butter or something. I got 9 grams on the first shake and 12 grams on the second shake. I used the second shake to make the ball.
The smells were amazing! I used the hot bottle methods to make my little temple ball. Sorry, I didn't weigh the ball. I still have the first shake to make into a ball. I'm gonna save it and combined it with another run later this week. View attachment 1251989View attachment 1251990
Ho Ho, now try aging that puppy for 10-12 months, make several smoke at different ages?!?
Looks like the bowls work well.
Nice

Looks like lovely stuff :biggrin:
I just found out I can get dry ice just a couple of miles away, I can get pellets instead of blocks as well so I'm guessing that a 3.5 kg bag of pellets will be enough for a first try or how much did you use?

Looks like lovely stuff :biggrin:
I just found out I can get dry ice just a couple of miles away, I can get pellets instead of blocks as well so I'm guessing that a 3.5 kg bag of pellets will be enough for a first try or how much did you use?
I had 10oz of material and I had more than enough with a 3lb block.

Ho Ho, now try aging that puppy for 10-12 months, make several smoke at different ages?!?
Looks like the bowls work well.
Nice
Yeah, it was pretty easy too. I probally could have gone a little longer on the first and second shakes, but I wanted an extra good quality product. I think even the second shake will still turn out to be full melt.
I have more to run later this week. I'll try a little longer on the first shake. It's easy to check too, unlike bags. Just lift up the top bowl.
I was amazed by the smell! Man!

Yeah, it was pretty easy too. I probally could have gone a little longer on the first and second shakes, but I wanted an extra good quality product. I think even the second shake will still turn out to be full melt.
I have more to run later this week. I'll try a little longer on the first shake. It's easy to check too, unlike bags. Just lift up the top bowl.
I was amazed by the smell! Man!
Glad I'm not the only one using bubble bowl anymore

Problem is more getting dry ice locally...but the bowls do look nice and easy to handle compare to bags.
Are you in the U.S.? Do you have any local grow shops? Most shops carry dry ice because concentrates are so popular. Also, our local grocery store carries dry ice for camping or beach outings.

Problem is more getting dry ice locally...but the bowls do look nice and easy to handle compare to bags.
If I were processing lot's on canna, I'd do the bags for sure! Without a doubt.
I do think the bowls are easy to handle and work very well relatively small runs. I split up 10 oz wet. I was making sure it got frozen well. If I screwed up, I had another attempt. LOL!

The Bowls seem to be a good option for me at this point. They got the job done quite nicely!

Did I say I like hash? LOL! The stuff I made totally blew away any hash I've ever had.................be it many many years since I've had it last. And it wasn't even aged!

Again AFN and it's members come thru with info and help!!!!!:headbang::headbang:

Back