Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

Yeah, it was pretty easy too. I probally could have gone a little longer on the first and second shakes, but I wanted an extra good quality product. I think even the second shake will still turn out to be full melt.
I have more to run later this week. I'll try a little longer on the first shake. It's easy to check too, unlike bags. Just lift up the top bowl.
I was amazed by the smell! Man!
I’ll try that dry ice next run with about 5 Oz sugar leaf I have ....we’re about to try bubble hash in the dryer cool cycle using 21/2 gal container & Fan leaf material just to see how it works & ice of course .
( wrapping the container in a large bed comforter so it won’t bang around)!!! Not lookin for quality just something to throw in the one hitter vs throwing the fans out.

I’ll try that dry ice next run with about 5 Oz sugar leaf I have ....we’re about to try bubble hash in the dryer cool cycle using 21/2 gal container & Fan leaf material just to see how it works & ice of course .
( wrapping the container in a large bed comforter so it won’t bang around)!!! Not lookin for quality just something to throw in the one hitter vs throwing the fans out.
Then I'd just shake with the top bowl into a plain bowl to collect or on a clean countertop or something like that. Shake until you see too much green for your liking. Easy way to control quality.

How much difference is in using dry ice and doing dry sift?
If yield is the same it seems like a lot more trouble with dry ice.

How much difference is in using dry ice and doing dry sift?
If yield is the same it seems like a lot more trouble with dry ice.
No first hand with dry shake, but the dry ice does make the trichs break off quicker. With dry shake, you're gonna get more veg matter no matter what method you use. That's why I chose wet shake.

No first hand with dry shake, but the dry ice does make the trichs break off quicker. With dry shake, you're gonna get more veg matter no matter what method you use. That's why I chose wet shake.
Thanks Man, that makes sense.
Do you use dry or wet trim for the dry ice or can both be used?

Thanks Man, that makes sense.
Do you use dry or wet trim for the dry ice or can both be used?
Both can be used, but not at the same time. I suspect the dry canna vegatative matter would break down well before the wet canna released most of its trichs. No matter if you use wet or dry, You control the quality of the hash with time of shake, force in the shake, and size of broken up dry ice. You stop when you see the amount of vegetative matter you're comfortable with.

Got around to working my trim and sub par buds in Bubble Bowls and dry ice. I shook for one min, took the top bowl off and shook for two min in another bowl. The second shake was still pretty blonde and could have shook longer, but I'll just use the material to make some butter or something. I got 9 grams on the first shake and 12 grams on the second shake. I used the second shake to make the ball.
The smells were amazing! I used the hot bottle methods to make my little temple ball. Sorry, I didn't weigh the ball. I still have the first shake to make into a ball. I'm gonna save it and combined it with another run later this week. View attachment 1251989View attachment 1251990
Nice man, very jealous. Dry ice is like unicorn turds around here. Keep upping those pics.

I'm gonna have quite a bit of material to work later today. If I don't want to make a bunch of temple balls, what would be the best form to make it into using the hot bottle and parchment paper method ? What size/weight and best method for storage?
Thanks guys!

Back