Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

36 grams! Wow,that's quite a result!
Can you explain the fire ext. way of making dry ice?
Just realised it's not 36 gram it's 2.6 gram my scales where on gnt not gram lol I wish it was 36 gram

If your from the UK I would say ordering dry ice would be cheaper as fire extinguishers are expensive I was lucky enough to have 2 saved from a previous job

You know I have good luck without dry ice for collecting keif ... get weed real dry (I just covered up with cheese cloth and put it in the area dark area of my house till crumbly dry, but Not powdery dry... Break it up gently to about joint size material & Put it into my 160u bag or equivalent silk screen
& shake 40 sec or so collect it & recrumble gently & Shake 40 sec collect etc etc Until using a magnifying glass I start to see 20-30% green material in it...Done.
((The herb still has try combs in it so I usually save all that up and do a big bag to make hash oil out of it -60f in cooler with dry ice on top due to sublimation both Everclear & Herb in separate glass jars at minus 50-60f then mix in glass jar 20 min while still in cooler- Then strain through a 80u or so beer makers bag & then remove golden liquid & strain thru brown unbleached coffee filter...Evaporate off alcohol and nice and golden honey oil from something that probably would have been thrown away.. evaporate off alcohol and nice golden honey oil from something that probably would have been thrown away.

You know I have good luck without dry ice for collecting keif ... get weed real dry (I just covered up with cheese cloth and put it in the area dark area of my house till crumbly dry, but Not powdery dry... Break it up gently to about joint size material & Put it into my 160u bag or equivalent silk screen
& shake 40 sec or so collect it & recrumble gently & Shake 40 sec collect etc etc Until using a magnifying glass I start to see 20-30% green material in it...Done.
((The herb still has try combs in it so I usually save all that up and do a big bag to make hash oil out of it -60f in cooler with dry ice on top due to sublimation both Everclear & Herb in separate glass jars at minus 50-60f then mix in glass jar 20 min while still in cooler- Then strain through a 80u or so beer makers bag & then remove golden liquid & strain thru brown unbleached coffee filter...Evaporate off alcohol and nice and golden honey oil from something that probably would have been thrown away.. evaporate off alcohol and nice golden honey oil from something that probably would have been thrown away.
Sorry I think I said 20 to 30% green stuff in the Keif, but when I actually start to see any green tinge at all I’m done ...!

So is that how you would make the kind of oil you would need as “glue” if you were making homemade Thai stick?

So is that how you would make the kind of oil you would need as “glue” if you were making homemade Thai stick?
No, pure or what I consider pure oil (most fats waxes & certainly chlorophyll removed for vape NO ADDITIVE added or needed).
Thai sticks I use herb only dried 2 days so it acts as it’s own glue. The herb is hand rolled in the parchment
to slightly compress it before the hash is shaved on to parchment then re-rolled out & compressed into the Thai stick & compressed much more. Take your time...I’ll hold the compressed package for like 23-30 seconds let it rest & repeat & hold the compression again)
It will take me a good 25-30 min to make just one After I’m done I roll it up like a jay pretty tite & use large paper clips applied to the ends & middle, let it dry that way in the dark several days Do Not Put It In a Jar it needs air still... after 2 days it’s bond is tite now take the clips off of it unroll & let dry loose for 2 more days... from there I just squeeze it & see if I want to finish it off Jar curing for a week-open jar daily for an hour or two...for me it’s cured when finally a piece just crumbles right off along with the plant stalk.
(U can use some hash oil if u want definitely would add another punch)
The one I just made with Gelato auto & B grade hash is mighty potent...!
Any more ? fire away

Some folks would tell you that the old-school Thai sticks were made with opium, but others say that it may have just been that the Thai weed was that much better.

Some folks would tell you that the old-school Thai sticks were made with opium, but others say that it may have just been that the Thai weed was that much better.
Yes u r right, I am 59 started toking in 72 ... & I had heard it may have been dipped in liquid opium, but no prof of that that I’ve seen & I think your right they used really good Thai Sativa... some day I plan on dipping my Thai In liquid hash oil with alcohol as an emulsion then semi drip rotate dry & then roll in the dry hash & cure again
!!!

I only had Thai stick once and it was just a little tiny piece of a stick that someone had. Not exactly fresh but still quite good if I recall correctly. I had a similar experience with what someone said was “black African.“ Got a little tiny piece from a guy rolled it into a pen joint in my friend and I smoke it out in front of the Washington national airport ticket hall. Lol It did the trick. That was early in my smoking days and like 77-78 when you could stumble across isolated bits of weed like that which would just tear the top of your head off.

I only had Thai stick once and it was just a little tiny piece of a stick that someone had. Not exactly fresh but still quite good if I recall correctly. I had a similar experience with what someone said was “black African.“ Got a little tiny piece from a guy rolled it into a pen joint in my friend and I smoke it out in front of the Washington national airport ticket hall. Lol It did the trick. That was early in my smoking days and like 77-78 when you could stumble across isolated bits of weed like that which would just tear the top of your head off.
Washington Nat Airport,, what a great memory to have...

Back