Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

The purple kush had a lot of small buds that were not large enough for smoke but they worked well for bubble hash. @niceneasy this is my first try at hash and it is killer. I want ta smoke sum with ya Bud :pass:
Quality mate, that's a nice lump. I'd smoke that with you any time.

Here's my first ever dry ice run used 160 micron bubble bag dude with uknown amount of trim wasn't much just give the buds a light trim before I hung them
Dry ice made from a Co2 fire extinguisher

Placed the wet fresh trim in a 5 gallon bucket added dry ice left to sit for 5 mins then covered with bag shook in 2 stages once for 1 min then for 5 mins I'm quite pleased with the return and quality had a bong last night and was sound asleep with in half a hour

Not sure if it's fully dry the texture is kind of like play dough never used dry ice before should I chop it in to fine pieces like you would with bubble hash or will it be OK rolled into balls

IMG_20200610_193300.jpg
IMG_20200610_193450.jpg
IMG_20200610_193554.jpg
IMG_20200610_233952.jpg
IMG_20200610_234028.jpg

Here's my first ever dry ice run used 160 micron bubble bag dude with uknown amount of trim wasn't much just give the buds a light trim before I hung them

Placed the wet fresh trim in a 5 gallon bucket added dry ice left to sit for 5 mins then covered with bag shook in 2 stages once for 1 min then for 5 mins I'm quite pleased with the return and quality had a bong last night and was sound asleep with in half a hour

Not sure if it's fully dry the texture is kind of like play dough never used dry ice before should I chop it in to fine pieces like you would with bubble hash or will it be OK rolled into balls

View attachment 1201419View attachment 1201420View attachment 1201421View attachment 1201422View attachment 1201423
well ...interesting...I believe because of the wet trim you needed to let it dry in a dark place for several days. I think I’d put it on parchment paper & roll it flat with a warm water wine (any) bottle or just roll it flat with No heat, my point is get it flat to “dry” ...Then when somewhat brittle after several days of drying, roll it again between the parchment paper with Hot water in bottle or hand temperature...roll roll roll
fold the hash over & roll roll roll, just want to make sure the trychimes r smashed thru releaseibg the oils & terps, then start forming your Temple ball, roll roll roll & flaten & roll roll roll, get ALL the air out of it, roll then until shiny ☀️ :cheers:

well ...interesting...I believe because of the wet trim you needed to let it dry in a dark place for several days. I think I’d put it on parchment paper & roll it flat with a warm water wine (any) bottle or just roll it flat with No heat, my point is get it flat to “dry” ...Then when somewhat brittle after several days of drying, roll it again between the parchment paper with Hot water in bottle or hand temperature...roll roll roll
fold the hash over & roll roll roll, just want to make sure the trychimes r smashed thru releaseibg the oils & terps, then start forming your Temple ball, roll roll roll & flaten & roll roll roll, get ALL the air out of it, roll then until shiny ☀ :cheers:
Trichomes that is

Trichomes that is
Remember the more heat applied in making hash the darker the color & faster oxidation,,,I like both, but in the Temple ball I like it Golden red so less heat, but still needs to get the Trychomes crushed...

I made some ghetto hash by dry screening trim with a fine kitchen sieve and then putting it in the corner of a Ziploc bag and letting it soak in Fawcett hot water I was able to then press it into a little piece

View attachment 1201419View attachment 1201420View attachment 1201421View attachment 1201422View attachment 1201423
36 grams! Wow,that's quite a result!
Can you explain the fire ext. way of making dry ice?

I was wondering about that I can go to my local supermarket here in St. Louis and get dry ice then to the liquor store and get Everclear... Missouri

Back