Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

Alright then, this Temple Ball stuff has been rolling around my head & with corona virus, not being allowed out, and boredom, I thought I'm going do my own version based around a few different methods.

First I took approx 8g of dry sift kief. As this is a little difficult to bind together without a press, I thought I'd use a binding agent to get things started.

full

For the binding I used some oil made from ISO, approx 2g. This has been well purged.

full

I dipped the oil in the kief, and then proceeded to mix it.

full

Eventually it all began to stick together with a bit of pressing, and I ended with this result.

full

I then put the mix into a bag, and stand on it till it flattens. I then fold it in half, stand on it again.

full

The mix begins to proper turn brown.

full

Then after a few more turns, we end up with this beauty.

full

Happy with the results so far, I roll it into a ball.

full

full

full

A bit more rolling around in the hand. It feels quite soft now.

full

I roll it about on a metal lid, to give sheen.

full

Boom.

full

Now to keep my hand of it, till curing is over.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

It has only been a month, but I'm finding it really hard to keep away from this piece & let it cure.

20200502_132336 (640x480).jpg
20200502_132336 -1.jpg

Just finished up a grow of the freebie beary white x 3bog and made some bubble out of the larfy buds Id frozen up. Ended up with 3 full freezer bags of it so washed 1 this weekend. ended up with about 6grams of first wash and another 2.5 or so on the 2nd and 3rd washes. Came out looking really nice after drying.

First wash
Kt2hvMZ.jpg

2nd and 3rd washes combined
pLMOxVL.jpg

Couple more photos here

Just finished up a grow of the freebie beary white x 3bog and made some bubble out of the larfy buds Id frozen up. Ended up with 3 full freezer bags of it so washed 1 this weekend. ended up with about 6grams of first wash and another 2.5 or so on the 2nd and 3rd washes. Came out looking really nice after drying.

First wash
Kt2hvMZ.jpg

2nd and 3rd washes combined
pLMOxVL.jpg

Couple more photos here

That looks a mighty fine smoke bud. I have my pipe at the ready.

It has only been a month, but I'm finding it really hard to keep away from this piece & let it cure.

View attachment 1186578View attachment 1186579
Ho Ho Ho , what a ball :drool: :cheers:
you got there...
I know it’s hard to not smoke them. After a friend gave me sad eyes, I agreed & pulled out a 9 month old ball & cut into it (This one was made from very drybag shacked pollen, heated, compressed, rolled, stored)

Ok.
My 12 grams are dry and not sticky after 48 hrs of room drying.
What are my options now?
Does it need to cure some more like you guys temple balls?
About rolling a bottle of boiling water like Frenchy Cannoli ?

Signed: Don t know what to do next!View attachment 1174861
Don’t know if I ever got an answer??
Lot of great ideas & pics here of folks having fun.....You’ve probably already made the hash from your dry ice run. Yes the hot tap water bottle method is fine, wear gloves til roll reroll etc ...then make a nice temple ball & store it for many months & let nature do its job...
:woohoo:

Don’t know if I ever got an answer??
Lot of great ideas & pics here of folks having fun.....You’ve probably already made the hash from your dry ice run. Yes the hot tap water bottle method is fine, wear gloves til roll reroll etc ...then make a nice temple ball & store it for many months & let nature do its job...
:woohoo:
Perfect!Exactly what i did! :worship:

Well,except for the many months thing...:shrug::smoking:

7.3g of Dawg Star hash. The female was seeded for breeding. I probably should have stopped sorting at 6g or so, as it's looking a little green, but I was breaking it down quite a lot to pick out all the seeds. That's my excuse anyway. No matter, the smoke is really strong.

full

full

full

full

full

7.3g of Dawg Star hash. The female was seeded for breeding. I probably should have stopped sorting at 6g or so, as it's looking a little green, but I was breaking it down quite a lot to pick out all the seeds. That's my excuse anyway. No matter, the smoke is really strong.

full

full

full

full

full
Yummy ....:jointman:

The purple kush had a lot of small buds that were not large enough for smoke but they worked well for bubble hash. @niceneasy this is my first try at hash and it is killer. I want ta smoke sum with ya Bud :pass:

Attachments

• 100_1009.JPG
    100_1009.JPG
    354.4 KB · Views: 83
Back