Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

Dry sift through 125 micron screen, then pressed with a pollen press. Outside ages and turns dark, inside stays light blonde due to lack of oxidation
20200306_161043.jpg

20200306_160253.jpg

So is a 120 micron range screen kind of the go to if you are only going f to use one size?

when using dry ice...time shaking makes a bigger difference than micron sizes.think i read in a book that trichs heads are usually 65-150 microns depending on sativa/indica strain variations.dry sifters and bubbly baggers usually prefare the 45-90 range.
keep er lit
:pighug:

when using dry ice...time shaking makes a bigger difference than micron sizes.think i read in a book that trichs heads are usually 65-150 microns depending on sativa/indica strain variations.dry sifters and bubbly baggers usually prefare the 45-90 range.
keep er lit
So the 130 microns would let more plant material in the sift right?

yes that is true for bubbly (5 bags) and dry sift (5 screens) but for dry ice hmm it pulverizes buds so.....its more the time shakin the shit rather than micron size.depends on how much plant matter gets into the hash.

yes that is true for bubbly (5 bags) and dry sift (5 screens) but for dry ice hmm it pulverizes buds so.....its more the time shakin the shit rather than micron size.depends on how much plant matter gets into the hash.
With dry ice, my rule of thumb is let dry ice and material sit for about 2 to 3 minutes, then shake for only about 1 to 2 minutes max. Repeat process several times. Each pass will produce lower quality than before

Found my pollen press after buying another. Ended up with about 1 1/4 ounces. Haven't tried any that I got through dry ice extraction yet but it sure leaked plenty of resin while pressing. In the picture the hash puck I've been taking pieces off of is from an ice water extraction I did previously that is really good but way too much work. The dry ice extraction was so much easier but I'll have to smoke some an find out how it is coming from just trim.
View attachment 1177632
[/QUOTE:WTF:
“GOT HASH”...I don’t know Yogi Mr Ranger is gonna smell our stash of hash!!!

Back