Outdoor Guerilla Growing tips guide

Hey @912GreenSkell
The most important thing are the wild pigs in my area (i hope its right word). They are very aggressive.
You can see my dog in my avatar.
What kind of dog do you got?
I have wild hogs here as well, I'm thinking about doing a raised bed maybe to keep away from critters and pigs, deer are bad here too.

Those damn hogs destroyed couple of my seedlings last year. And you can recognize it was them because of the mess they leave behind.
I was thinking to put pots inside some spiky bushes because then they will be out of reach. Pots should be worked inside the bush. Or maybe put them in some hardly accessible rocks or something. Another option is chicken wire around plants... I believe each of us has his own problems due to unique situations.

I want to add some site details:
Access point are crucial so you should be careful not to leave a path that leads to your site. That is common reason why people get busted or ripped along with the inability to keep their mouth shut. :) I walk over rocks (they dont leave any trail and my terrain allows me that) and when I am far enough I walk freely. Some people carry a plank and then find a bush as access point, put plank over the bush, walk over, and then remove the plank and bring the bush in its original state.
You can take many acces points, even slightly fertilize the path you create so it regrows back again. Best time for visiting your site is early in the morning or at night if conditions allow (help of the moonlight). Monday to friday is always better option than weekends.
You could opt for getaway route from the site in case of emergency. One more thing: good logic for sites is that they are the places that are counter intuitive for people to go to. Meaning that maybe your site is just behind that nasty looking bramble or rocks.

Be sure to get in shape so you dont end up tired in the half of operation. Always drink water and wear clothes that are comfortable and light but also colored properly so you 'blend' in the surrounding. It is a good thing if you can invest in good boots that will ensure optimal walking and protection from snake bites although if you dont mess with snakes they will mind their own bussiness.

Not sure about the raw fish in the pot Badger, Have you tried this before? I think the fish would have to be digested by soil organisms, composting, before it becomes plant food. I would be concerned that in a limited environment of the pot I would end up stressing the plant in some way. Also, the most bio-activity is at the surface of the soil, or just beneath. This is where organic materials are transformed into plant nutrients most efficiently.

Not sure about the raw fish in the pot Badger, Have you tried this before? I think the fish would have to be digested by soil organisms, composting, before it becomes plant food. I would be concerned that in a limited environment of the pot I would end up stressing the plant in some way. Also, the most bio-activity is at the surface of the soil, or just beneath. This is where organic materials are transformed into plant nutrients most efficiently.

I totally agree with you man. I found out that raw decomposing fish will cause lack of oxygen and nitrogen in the soilmix so it is a bad idea. I think I will stick with the idea of dissolving my urine for N and banana peels seaweed molasses etc.

Kickass thread guys!! Keep it up so I can keep soaking it up, (just before I fire up this pipe). :nicethread: :hookah: :baked:

Here is another tip for my guerrilla buddies :D
Rule of thumb for when to start planting outdoors is: when you are able to walk with t-shirt during the night (warmer weather) ;)

Here is another tip for my guerrilla buddies :D
Rule of thumb for when to start planting outdoors is: when you are able to walk with t-shirt during the night (warmer weather) ;)

If I followed that rule I would never get to plant! :D
Seriously, I plant on june the 1st and expect frost like nights throughout most of early and mid june, some years into early july. Really, nights don't warm up a lot here until july. July and august are tshirt weather at night mostly. Photoperiod plants take the cool nights no problem.

Cant say about a pot, but I have used fresh fish scraps in the bottom of holes in guerrilla grows and done well with them. I think the biggest problem in a pot would be that fish turns almost muddy when it is breaking down, and that could certainly lead to a problem in a container.

Cant say about a pot, but I have used fresh fish scraps in the bottom of holes in guerrilla grows and done well with them. I think the biggest problem in a pot would be that fish turns almost muddy when it is breaking down, and that could certainly lead to a problem in a container.

thank you so much green skell ;)

Back