Outdoor Guerilla Growing tips guide

Still a ways off for me.....3 feet of snow in the back yard!!

The temps are already shooting up again here at 51N. It feels like spring already. Right now it's 15C and it looks to stay that way with overnight lows of around 8-9C forecasted for the next few days. There's certainly no frost on the horizon, according to the 10 day forecast.

I'm tempted to stick a few photoperiods out. I put some out in February last year which grew right off the bat and got harvested in October... the question is... can I resist the temptation to germ...

Nope I did all the test runs last season . biggest pain will be having the not femmed the seed... just put 250 mazar cross on soak to figure out what to watch for in may. I would add one pack to your list bro for the season I ordered a pack of dp photo blueberry

a 6" post hole 20" deep, osmocote plus, polymers and lime...bingo in a river valley/floodplain or tree line with lots of compost

The temps are already shooting up again here at 51N. It feels like spring already. Right now it's 15C and it looks to stay that way with overnight lows of around 8-9C forecasted for the next few days. There's certainly no frost on the horizon, according to the 10 day forecast.

I'm tempted to stick a few photoperiods out. I put some out in February last year which grew right off the bat and got harvested in October... the question is... can I resist the temptation to germ...

Wow!! Jeez...I expect another month of winter. Usually 2nd or third week of march it starts getting warmer(like over zero...lol) Incredible I am at the 45th N...different worlds we live in!!

Nope I did all the test runs last season . biggest pain will be having the not femmed the seed... just put 250 mazar cross on soak to figure out what to watch for in may. I would add one pack to your list bro for the season I ordered a pack of dp photo blueberry

a 6" post hole 20" deep, osmocote plus, polymers and lime...bingo in a river valley/floodplain or tree line with lots of compost

Yes reg seeds are a pain in the arse for outdoors unless you can sex them all in bigger pots. OH DP BB nice!! Planning to turn 'em into monsters?

I am @ 51n to, but even may is a close call I have seen frost into june

Yes reg seeds are a pain in the arse for outdoors unless you can sex them all in bigger pots. OH DP BB nice!! Planning to turn 'em into monsters?

Seen your grow, was going to see what's what. Any advice on looking for a pheno? looks like they would be worth the time to dig a few real holes.

Wow!! Jeez...I expect another month of winter. Usually 2nd or third week of march it starts getting warmer(like over zero...lol) Incredible I am at the 45th N...different worlds we live in!!

Yeah, our climate and temperatures are moderated heavily by both the Gulf and Jet Streams as well as our proximity to the Atlantic ocean. It keeps our weather mild all year pretty much, so it is neither freezing cold or baking hot at any time... which basically means no snow in winter, and not many 'hot' days in summer either, which sucks, although last year was a baking hot exception. But more often than not, our weather is overcast with drizzle, yet very mild. Although it is warm enough, or 'mild' should I say, to grow Canary Island date palms here. Some people even manage to grow Washingtonia Robusta (Hollywood Palms) on the south coast due to the mild winters.

I am @ 51n to, but even may is a close call I have seen frost into june

It depends enormously on microclimates, proximity to water, shelter/barriers and especially elevation. Personally, I have never, ever seen frost in June, the latest I have seen frost is early May and even then it is a very light air frost which is gone as soon as the sun comes up at 6am. Those sort of late spring air frosts certainly wouldn't effect a photoperiod that has ages of time to veg, although it is a bit different with an auto that you certainly wouldn't want a frost to stunt, so I get what you are saying.

I put a few photos out in late February last year, in a sheltered spot, and they survived absolutely fine despite weathering multiple frosts... that's not to say you should do it though. I'm probably going to do the same thing this year... heck, 3 nights ago the overnight temp didn't drop below 11C here... in mid February... maybe I have a good microclimate though?

sounds like you are coastal ...

Back