New Grower Growing while in extreme pain - My Journey so far

@MissUniverse since you raised the LED up you will start to see more growth on your little ones.. just make sure its up as far as you can get it and let them grow into the light... if your mars has a grow and bloom switch i would switch it when they show sex and begin stretching... and i just got done with a mono tub of GT that yielded 8.5-9 oz and agree with you that as long as your sterile during inoculation they are a breeze to grow....:thumbsup:

It's interesting how different people approach grows, being a "micro" grower (for all intents an purposes) I have a unique struggle from larger growers. Didn't ever think that way before. Just thought it was a matter of plants+size=time, but now as I see more things it appears not.

I do like that idea/method of gorilla growing, when I get more beans I might try that method. Seems easier than this.

Actually your struggle is the same as everyone's no matter how or what or where they choose to grow.

BUT what is different is that a correct answer to a specific problem in each environment will differ. That's why I am of little help in your growing environment.

I can help you with your harvest question though since I have grown my own pain meds for many decades. And I assume by your grow title that is your goal as well.

You will get some variation depending on strain, but a rule of thumb for pain meds is let about 1/4 - 1/3 go amber before harvesting. Almost all others will be cloudy.

Go on ebay and you can get a cheap 60X - 100X magnifier for around $7 delivered to see them clearly with.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Do you know I was thinking about the whole tric thing recently.

I found an old grow book from about 15 -20 years back by some of the old grow gurus.

They said that when most are cloudy is the optimum time.

The only reason I push mine towards amber trics, is the extra weight you gain in those last week's.

I like both sides of the stoned/high coin. Trouble I find now days when I smoke sativa dom strains is a little anxiety when I smoke a lot, nothing serious, I just have to have a word with myself, tell myself to stop being a dick.
It is so interesting to hear both of those things. At some times I get more anxiety from indica dom strains because I get worried I'll fall asleep when I need to stay awake!

@MissUniverse since you raised the LED up you will start to see more growth on your little ones.. just make sure its up as far as you can get it and let them grow into the light... if your mars has a grow and bloom switch i would switch it when they show sex and begin stretching... and i just got done with a mono tub of GT that yielded 8.5-9 oz and agree with you that as long as your sterile during inoculation they are a breeze to grow....:thumbsup:
GT is the golden teacher for a reason... very strong strain. Maybe I need a run of that while I'm waiting. Double the fun.... haven't done that in years. But back to autos, I have it up as high as it will go and in a bit I'm about to peak at the gals. :)
Actually your struggle is the same as everyone's no matter how or what or where they choose to grow.

BUT what is different is that a correct answer to a specific problem in each environment will differ. That's why I am of little help in your growing environment.

I can help you with your harvest question though since I have grown my own pain meds for many decades. And I assume by your grow title that is your goal as well.

You will get some variation depending on strain, but a rule of thumb for pain meds is let about 1/4 - 1/3 go amber before harvesting. Almost all others will be cloudy.

Go on ebay and you can get a cheap 60X - 100X magnifier for around $7 delivered to see them cleary with.

:cheers:
Pain relief is my main goal so I'll definitely try to keep it around quarter Amber as long as I can wait it out. :p
I do have one of those jewelers loops that does 60x or something. I believe it was $5 on Amazon, so I assume it's the same one.

Anywhoo, I am going to go tend to the gals.

Here's where they are... Missy, the royal queen northern lights auto, made a large turn towards the light and is now uneven, I'm turning her 180degrees tonight and seeing if it's just that the higher the light is the faster she's growing. The toof fairy is just rocking along and is growing some nice leaves now.
I do have a fan blowing on them both giving a gentle breeze.

Missy (she's bending more as you can see)
AiLR1te.jpg

The toof fairy
HPhb3ua.jpg

Missy is just trying to stretch to the light now.

Just rotate regularly and you will notice her much improved attitude towards life.

Both looking better already !

Missy is just trying to stretch to the light now.

Just rotate regularly and you will notice her much improved attitude towards life.

Both looking better already !
That was my thought, and yes they are! Sometimes I think they can feel the encouragement from the others here too. I just can't wait for the chopdown. Gonna dry and cure most of it but gonna make some cannabutter and try to suck it up and vape some of it just to see what it's like. (And I'd bet most growers have done that on their first grow).

That was my thought, and yes they are! Sometimes I think they can feel the encouragement from the others here too. I just can't wait for the chopdown. Gonna dry and cure most of it but gonna make some cannabutter and try to suck it up and vape some of it just to see what it's like. (And I'd bet most growers have done that on their first grow).

Your first grow you will find many ways to use em up quick.

For any crops after that I would suggest a full proper cure on all of the crop.

Your butter and extracts may turn out with a bit better results that way. (if made after cure)

YMMV

It looks like the plants don't need to be watered quite yet, Missy is still quite moist and the toof fairy is just barely dry. I'll be checking them later tonight. In the mean time, here's the growth updates.

Missy
U78Hnze.jpg

Toof fairy
n8ZprK5.jpg

Some nice growth on the toof decay, the nl is not going as fast, but it might take 100 days or so from the strain reports.

Missy
w95Ix1t.jpg

Toof fairy
lePzmgB.jpg

Back