New Grower Growing while in extreme pain - My Journey so far

Thank you for all the advice everyone. Here's what she looks like once I move the soil away.
I couldn't get a perfect photo so it looks still like its touching soil but it's not, that's more of my own camera work than anything.

AzBiHwj.jpg

I would love to if I could, but your entire system is foreign to me. Sorry...

I just knew that no matter what system was being used, you need to keep the leaves out of the dirt.
Well, every bit helps. It's always better to be safe rather than sorry. I went with a led for the cheap cost of the light/power (along with its noted reliability according to the forum users here) and a tent because of the ease of environmental controls. Some day I'd like to do hydro and an outdoor.. and actually I am thinking of starting a bean now to do an outdoor grow with but I'm just too paranoid to do a gorilla grow in such a dry area.

Well, every bit helps. It's always better to be safe rather than sorry. I went with a led for the cheap cost of the light/power (along with its noted reliability according to the forum users here) and a tent because of the ease of environmental controls. Some day I'd like to do hydro and an outdoor.. and actually I am thinking of starting a bean now to do an outdoor grow with but I'm just too paranoid to do a gorilla grow in such a dry area.

All my indoor experience is in large rooms with HID lighting

My outdoor gorilla was all old school with no tending. Basicly just finding 5 places to plant a handfull of seeds in each place, let them grow natural, and hope 2 or 3 of the 5 survived.

Well done miss!

It's funny, now you have cracked it you'll have no more germination probs.

Led height. I hang my one high, the plants don't seem to get stretchy with led. You may have issues because of your vertical height, if you don't have room to bend your girls over you may need to get a diffuser for the light. When the plants get too close the colour (you're American so color) from the diodes doesn't have time to blend (not an issue if it's white light led ), this will give you bleaching or causes localised areas to transpire a lot, this can cause localised nute probs (had this myself and it really confused me).

But if you've room to bend them ignore all that.

Again, hats off to your persistence.

All my indoor experience is in large rooms with HID lighting

My outdoor gorilla was all old school with no tending. Basicly just finding 5 places to plant a handfull of seeds in each place, let them grow natural, and hope 2 or 3 of the 5 survived.
It's interesting how different people approach grows, being a "micro" grower (for all intents an purposes) I have a unique struggle from larger growers. Didn't ever think that way before. Just thought it was a matter of plants+size=time, but now as I see more things it appears not.

I do like that idea/method of gorilla growing, when I get more beans I might try that method. Seems easier than this.

Well done miss!

It's funny, now you have cracked it you'll have no more germination probs.

Led height. I hang my one high, the plants don't seem to get stretchy with led. You may have issues because of your vertical height, if you don't have room to bend your girls over you may need to get a diffuser for the light. When the plants get too close the colour (you're American so color) from the diodes doesn't have time to blend (not an issue if it's white light led ), this will give you bleaching or causes localised areas to transpire a lot, this can cause localised nute probs (had this myself and it really confused me).

But if you've room to bend them ignore all that.

Again, hats off to your persistence.
Thanks for the positive encouragement, I think this has a learning curve all of its own. I used to grow mushrooms of various types and those seemed like a breeze, inoculate and fruit for a week. This is harder than the fungi which I heard was not the case. But it is harder. It's good to know what issues to look for in the future, I have a Mars hydro so I'll have to watch the leds. I do agree, I have "cracked" the secret as it were. I hopefully will have room to train them downwards. I'm aiming for another 5weeks for the toof decay and another 6-7 for the nl. I for some reason think the no will take more work because of the timing. I know I'm anxious to get bud fast and will probably sacrifice a few popcorn buds for early testing. I'm a fan of the spacey feel over the hard hitting couch lock of indicas, but I have heard and read various things on Amber/clear/cloudy argument with the main one being a reference to a study (I'll have to find the link) stating that Amber trichs are mostly cbn broken down and not true thc... aka what some call a "fake body stone". But then again, I'll need to find what works for me.next round I'm hoping to chop one early and then one at a later time to compare it all personally. Nothing against anyone, but I've learned it's all in personal preference. And timing is seeming to be an argument from many growers I know IRL. Some have said its better to be early than late while others say it's better to be late than early.
Hopefully my comments come off as debate sparking and not mean.

Thanks everyone, keep the comments coming.

It's interesting how different people approach grows, being a "micro" grower (for all intents an purposes) I have a unique struggle from larger growers. Didn't ever think that way before. Just thought it was a matter of plants+size=time, but now as I see more things it appears not.

I do like that idea/method of gorilla growing, when I get more beans I might try that method. Seems easier than this.

Thanks for the positive encouragement, I think this has a learning curve all of its own. I used to grow mushrooms of various types and those seemed like a breeze, inoculate and fruit for a week. This is harder than the fungi which I heard was not the case. But it is harder. It's good to know what issues to look for in the future, I have a Mars hydro so I'll have to watch the leds. I do agree, I have "cracked" the secret as it were. I hopefully will have room to train them downwards. I'm aiming for another 5weeks for the toof decay and another 6-7 for the nl. I for some reason think the no will take more work because of the timing. I know I'm anxious to get bud fast and will probably sacrifice a few popcorn buds for early testing. I'm a fan of the spacey feel over the hard hitting couch lock of indicas, but I have heard and read various things on Amber/clear/cloudy argument with the main one being a reference to a study (I'll have to find the link) stating that Amber trichs are mostly cbn broken down and not true thc... aka what some call a "fake body stone". But then again, I'll need to find what works for me.next round I'm hoping to chop one early and then one at a later time to compare it all personally. Nothing against anyone, but I've learned it's all in personal preference. And timing is seeming to be an argument from many growers I know IRL. Some have said its better to be early than late while others say it's better to be late than early.
Hopefully my comments come off as debate sparking and not mean.

Thanks everyone, keep the comments coming.

Do you know I was thinking about the whole tric thing recently.

I found an old grow book from about 15 -20 years back by some of the old grow gurus.

They said that when most are cloudy is the optimum time.

The only reason I push mine towards amber trics, is the extra weight you gain in those last week's.

I like both sides of the stoned/high coin. Trouble I find now days when I smoke sativa dom strains is a little anxiety when I smoke a lot, nothing serious, I just have to have a word with myself, tell myself to stop being a dick.

Back