Indoor Growing Scrog

I got lazy and never posted any dry weight results from my last indoor and outdoor run but thought I would show the plant that weighed the most. It was my Bomb Seeds THC Bomb Auto that ended up weighing in at 1737 grams or 3.87 pounds, which so far is my personal best next to the 3.5 pound Autoseeds.com Acapulco Gold I grew last summer. She was a big beautiful plant with well over 100 sticky dense top colas on her 39” canopy and took 107 days from seed to harvest. She was a pleasure to grow and responded very well to everything I did to her. Grown from a bean I had won from last years Bomb Seeds Welly Boot competition and was so happy with the way she turned out I ordered more. Bomb seeds advertises “vigorous growth” with this particular cultivar and they weren’t kidding. :mrgreen:
Insane result bro, congrats! :clapper:how much g/pw is that this run?

Just to be clear... is all that mass being sustained simply by the roots in that Grodan Block? Or are the roots hanging below in the water in that big tray? (A question a colleague asked and I thought it would be better to double check)

Mad respect! :baked:

Insane result bro, congrats! :clapper:how much g/pw is that this run?

Just to be clear... is all that mass being sustained simply by the roots in that Grodan Block? Or are the roots hanging below in the water in that big tray? (A question a colleague asked and I thought it would be better to double check)

Mad respect! :baked:
Thanks brother. :toke:
With the 4 100 watt Maxisuns turned up to full power it came out to be 4.43 grams per watt.

The roots do grow out the bottom of the block but without the tray being covered (blacked out ) they don’t grow past the edge of the block.

Here is a flood and drain (ebb&flow) grow I ran a couple years ago with Grodan 4x4” cubes and black/white panda film completely covering the blocks. This method works very well and requires very little medium but the plants are pretty much locked in the tray making it difficult to prune and maintain.

1723561907331.jpeg

1723561938794.jpeg

1723561952748.jpeg

1723561972979.jpeg

1723561989846.jpeg

1723562000690.jpeg

Yeah, so all those cases all of the rootmass is contained in that Grodan Block right?

Quite astonishing if you ask me :cool1:

I understand the flexibility of this way of growing hydro is what makes it even more interesting and better.
Like you did with the Auto Glueberry OG and switched the biggest lady around to a bigger growing space, so she would have more space to flourish...

Cheers for the info mate :cheers:

Yeah, so all those cases all of the rootmass is contained in that Grodan Block right?

Quite astonishing if you ask me :cool1:

I understand the flexibility of this way of growing hydro is what makes it even more interesting and better.
Like you did with the Auto Glueberry OG and switched the biggest lady around to a bigger growing space, so she would have more space to flourish...

Cheers for the info mate :cheers:
Thanks Brother! :thumbsup:
Hard to believe you can grow big plants in such a small chunk of medium. Nice to know all you really need is 2 gallons of coco/perlite or a 9x6” Grodan rockwool block to grow a monster plant.

Your Glueberry was the only plant I had to rescrog into a bigger tent in the last Dutch Passion run but with this round I’ve already rescrogged my Auto Candy Bubatz, Auto Critical Orange Punch #1 and Auto SFV OG. Auto Creepers are getting big and I might have to move them too. :nono:

I would post some recent pics but having a problem loading them. :sad:

@420autoflower ... I've had a look and can't figure out what is wrong for you..... :pass:

Screenshot_20240819-094937.png

Usually...if it won't load it is because the photo is too large...but you are a frequent photographer...so I'm guessing you checked that already....

I've just loaded photos to LS...no probs...and there are no RP's in....simit might be a problem your end.

Could you try again later...and tag me to let me know......:headbang:

@420autoflower ... I've had a look and can't figure out what is wrong for you..... :pass:

View attachment 1701028

Usually...if it won't load it is because the photo is too large...but you are a frequent photographer...so I'm guessing you checked that already....

I've just loaded photos to LS...no probs...and there are no RP's in....simit might be a problem your end.

Could you try again later...and tag me to let me know......:headbang:
Really appreciate the help @Mossy. :lol:
I think I figured it out.

My 5 year old IPhone 10 finally went out and I upgraded to a 15 a few days ago and for some reason the pics don’t load the same.

iPhone 10
1724116504362.jpeg

iPhone 15
View attachment 1724116383445.jpeg

Have you ever tried making a bigger grow block by pinning a few together?
Hard to see in the pics but if you look close I stack 3 different layers. I start them out in a Grodan 4x4”, then 10 days later I place the 4x4” on a 6x6” Grodan Hugo block, and the final layer is a Hugo block that I cut down to a 3x6” slab. The roots end up holding the layers together so no need to pin the blocks.

Back