Indoor Growing Scrog

Appreciate the sympathy and compassion Dean. Lessons learned I guess. Teaches me to stay more on top of things in the future.
Yes… the supper cropping does look a little extreme but it’s the only way I can truly flatten the plant out at the right time. If I spread them out earlier I’m able to bend the branches without the super cropping but then the plant stretches to much under the net/grid and I end up with more bottom growth than I like. It’s all about the timing! My older AG is a good example of a plant that I flattened out a little bit to early and now I have a lot of bottom growth that I’m forced to use under canopy lighting to harden it all up down there.
One of my ladies is going to be a monster she's already as wide as the tent on day 26, it's sibling is half the size for some reason but the most compact plant I've seen. It's going to be challenging for me to get the flat canopy I want with two very different phenos. I'm hoping the smaller lady will catch up so I can get them under the net around day 34-36.

Ideally I want one of those wire racks that yourself and Antonio like but the nylon will suffice for now. I get your point with the bottom growth so getting them "pancaked" before meshing makes total sense.

If you see my journal reflect that pancaking, it's kudos to you and I'll be sure to credit you for it :toke:

Last edited:
One of my ladies is going to be a monster she's already as wide as the dent on day 26, it's sibling is half the size for some reason but the most compact plant I've seen. It's going to be challenging for me to get the flat canopy I want with two very different phenos. I'm hoping the smaller lady will catch up so I can get them under the net around day 34-36.

Ideally I want one of those wire racks that yourself and Antonio like but the nylon will suffice for now. I get your point with the bottom growth so getting them "pancaked" before meshing makes total sense.

If you see my journal reflect that pancaking, it's kudos to you and I'll be sure to credit you for it :toke:
Thank you so much Dean! :headbang:
The nylon netting will do just fine for your 2 plants but use the 3” squares versus the 5-6 inch, also be sure you use nylon netting that doesn’t stretch… need to get that netting as tight as you can and having it stretch defeats the purpose.
Not sure what stage of growth your plants are at but it’s best to have most of their stretching done while they’re flattened out. That gives the plant time and and energy to the bottom nodes to start growing and stacking. If flattened out late into preflower your lower nodes won’t be as strong and prominent and will develop smaller buds/colas.

Last edited:
Here are my 2 Autoseeds.com Pink Runtz.
Nothing really special going on with them except for a lot of stacking :mrgreen:

View attachment 1616551View attachment 1616552View attachment 1616553View attachment 1616550

My outdoor autos all in full flower
View attachment 1616558View attachment 1616566
View attachment 1616564

Dutch Passion Trichomes & Cream going into beast mode
View attachment 1616565

And now for my casualty
These are my 2 Autoseeds.com Rainbow Glues at day 39 healthy as can be. If you notice the pheno on the left is stacking hard and has well over 50 main cola sites.
She was a beauty! 😔
View attachment 1616567View attachment 1616568View attachment 1616569
View attachment 1616570

And here she is on day 44 after the drought.
I’m still mourning! :sad:
View attachment 1616571
View attachment 1616572
good luck,all the best~

Mars Hydro has TSL2000 Giveaway,if you are interested, please jion us.have Fun!

Thank you so much Dean! :headbang:
The nylon netting will do just fine for your 2 plants but use the 3” squares versus the 5-6 inch, also be sure you use nylon netting that doesn’t stretch… need to get that netting as tight as you can and having it stretch defeats the purpose.
Not sure what stage of growth your plants are at but it’s best to have most of their stretching done while they’re flattened out. That gives the plant time and and energy to the bottom nodes to start growing and stacking. If flattened out late into preflower your lower nodes won’t be as strong and prominent and will develop smaller buds/colas.
We're on day 27 now and managing a bit of early stretch. I'll sort my net out over the weekend and get my ladies prepped for it. :jointman: Edit, now has a proper metal 3"x 3" mesh by 2x4ft. I'll fabricate a copper one for my next grow and use it as an additional antenna.

Last edited:
I have been following your posts and have a question regarding multistrain grows. Do you consider growth time at all. Ex. I have 3 humbolt strains growing now. The breeder says 65-75days for one srain and 75-85days for the other strains...I am expecting that everything needs 85days, just wonder about your experience on this

I have been following your posts and have a question regarding multistrain grows. Do you consider growth time at all. Ex. I have 3 humbolt strains growing now. The breeder says 65-75days for one srain and 75-85days for the other strains...I am expecting that everything needs 85days, just wonder about your experience on this
When I grow different strains in the same tent I always harvest based on the plant that starts flowering last. I like harvesting everything at the same time so when the late bloomers are done that is when I cut everything down. I usually have young plants that need the tent so I try to time everything the best I can based on the late flowering plants.
I tend to give my plants about 90-100 days before I harvest and never go off of the breeders recommended time. When the bottom buds start maturing and getting dense I know they’re getting close… then I usually give them an extra 7-10 days more to make sure the plant is heavy and ready to be harvested.
We're on day 27 now and managing a bit of early stretch. I'll sort my net out over the weekend and get my ladies prepped for it. :jointman: Edit, now has a proper metal 3"x 3" mesh by 2x4ft. I'll fabricate a copper one for my next grow and use it as an additional antenna.

Very nice brother… can’t wait to see your next update. :lol:

Day 49 for my little Acapulco Gold.
Had a little extra time yesterday so I stripped her down for the first time and exposed all those precious nodes. :mrgreen:

Before
IMG_2291.jpeg
IMG_2292.jpeg
IMG_2295.jpeg

After
IMG_2364.jpeg
IMG_2365.jpeg
IMG_2366.jpeg
IMG_2367.jpeg
IMG_2368.jpeg

When I grow different strains in the same tent I always harvest based on the plant that starts flowering last. I like harvesting everything at the same time so when the late bloomers are done that is when I cut everything down. I usually have young plants that need the tent so I try to time everything the best I can based on the late flowering plants.
I tend to give my plants about 90-100 days before I harvest and never go off of the breeders recommended time. When the bottom buds start maturing and getting dense I know they’re getting close… then I usually give them an extra 7-10 days more to make sure the plant is heavy and ready to be harvested.

Very nice brother… can’t wait to see your next update. :lol:
Thank you. It was kind of my plan to do the same...am on day 13 so still long way to go.

Back