Indoor Growing Onwards and Upwards

I just googled overdrive ingredients and it shows 4 main ingredients
Magnesium phosphate
Magnesium sulphate
Potassium nitrate
Potassium phosphate
And 0.5% ascorbic acid

So basically magnesium and phosphorus

Boom. So basically stuff that should be in the base nutrients in the first place? But this way, they can sell you two separate bottles and charge you twice as much?

Have a google for some British nutrients that rhyme with Noah's Ark, but the first word is more to do with our hobby! I'm not even gonna say the name as I think there is waaaaaay too much underhand advertising going on at the moment! A very simple nute range, very few additives, well priced and no cartoon images as marketing! I am in coco under cobs and haven't even needed calmag so far as it's designed for my water type.

Just saying.......

OK I know a few of you follow this thread so I'd like some advice. I need to light a 120w x 60d x 150h space for growing. What are my inexpensive options? Mars, Viparspectra, any others? What would I need in terms of wattage / lumens / whatever? I can't go down the cob route for this space, funds prohibit. And my five existing cobs are all in use. Recommendations if you please, I suppose max budget is £150 but I'd rather spend less as I also have to consider getting a new camera (and I have to buy the tent and somewhere to put it).

If you go the mars route, mars 1 or reflector series. The 5 watters are a pile.

So... I have been looking over a few threads at people's plants. How many of you guys and gals use additives like CarboLoad, Overdrive, Big Bud, Bud Candy... things like that? Do they work? Any comparison grows of before and after?
@sanguine @Itisi @Vlad The Inhaler @Wile e Peyote @scally420 @Duckster @Sensi Jay @hippy71 @Need4Weed @archie gemmill @Rebel @Dudeski @Vorkosigan

I read that bloom boosters like explode, contain gibberelic acid (I think that's the one, I could be wrong) which is used in the fruit trade to increase yields.

Others, say they work by increasing the sugars available, the same way some people use molasses.

I use explode, I put it on my apple trees last year and got monsters compared to last year's, this year I'll leave it off and see how they go. Don't mind experimenting on the apples, fock doing it with the girls.

I think gibberelic acid @Itisi s spellin ha is/was used to change sex on plants- read it 30 years ago in some pot growin bible- might be wrong as well!
Sorry for droppin in at random

Growers ark- prices are pretty reasonable
Thanks sang! Brain's a bit dead after a rubbish day at work...

I think gibberelic acid @Itisi s spellin ha is/was used to change sex on plants- read it 30 years ago in some pot growin bible- might be wrong as well!
Sorry for droppin in at random
Always welcome, cheers for the info, drop by any time!

Back