Outdoor Growing Oak trees with Watermelons in Michigan

I've only got two plants outside now and my photo plant has pm on it. Cut much of the leaves off the bottom half. I've had rain every day this week and won't have sunny weather until Sunday. H2O2 didn't work with constant rain. Went and bought Neem and seem to have it controlled for now. Will be using apple cider vinegar solution if the days get sunny next week. Don't want to spray Neem on it again if I can avoid it. Never had any bugs on it I couldn't just pick off.
I'm not a fan of neem oil it can sometimes give ur flowers a nasty taste. If applied in the sun it can burn ur plants also. Try aloe vera mixed with dish soap n h2o2 the dish soap n aloe will help it stick to ur plants in the rain . I've noticed with the milk once it dries on the leaves it sticks on them through the rain .

I'm not a fan of neem oil it can sometimes give ur flowers a nasty taste. If applied in the sun it can burn ur plants also. Try aloe vera mixed with dish soap n h2o2 the dish soap n aloe will help it stick to ur plants in the rain . I've noticed with the milk once it dries on the leaves it sticks on them through the rain .
I found three or four buds with bud rot on them today. After no sun and rain for 5 days I expected it. Finally have sun out today so I uncovered the plant, extreme defoliated it, cutting off almost all the large fan leaves, small buds and opened the plant up. Cut the buds off with bud rot. Sprayed with H2O2.

Hopefully, The bud rot doesn't spread throughout the plant. The remaining buds are all huge and tightly packed. I'd hate to lose the entire plant. I didn't see any powdery mildew after spraying the Neem yesterday. I tried to keep it off the buds as I didn't want to affect them.

Aw, man how close are you to harvest? Everything I was going to put outside I kept in this year, the PM is pretty insane. If I were in your position I'd be very tempted to cut all the most mature buds and leave the rest to mature. We're getting a spell of better weather coming up, or so they say.

20190914_163741.jpg
20190914_163950.jpg
20190914_163736.jpg
20190914_163110.jpg
20190914_163752.jpg
20190914_152808.jpg
I did a little pre game harvest today took a couple of top buds not even noticable in the garden but it filled my drying cupboard looks like about 4 oz give or take dry.

Aw, man how close are you to harvest? Everything I was going to put outside I kept in this year, the PM is pretty insane. If I were in your position I'd be very tempted to cut all the most mature buds and leave the rest to mature. We're getting a spell of better weather coming up, or so they say.
I started early harvest today b taking a little bit here and their over the next month with how much I have and how long some of it still has left Ill b harvesting strong through mid october. I have quite a bit ill b taking down next week though I plan on taking one entire C99 plant and 1 or 2 of the ACDC and possibly half of a Honeysuckle if I have time.Im hoping to have it all harvested before the weather gets real shity

Luckily I grew plenty of autos this Summer and have over a pound put up in jars.

I cut the buds off completely that had bud rot. Each spot was the size of the last joint on my little finger. I cut the good portions of each bud out and am drying them to try. Small sugar leaves coming out of buds were already fully covered with cloudy and amber trichomes a week ago but pistils were still 90% white. Yesterday pistils were probably 40% brown on lower sections of plant. Sunny yesterday, raining again today. I've had rain and no sun for 6 out of the last 7 days.

I may have to cut the entire plant if I find additional bud rot. I had the powdery mildew under control finally yesterday. I wanted to let it grow a week more at the minimum and wanted most of it to go two weeks.

If the sugar leaves are cloudy or amber I guess I could cut early, dry all the buds and trimmed sugar leaves that contain trichomes ad run it all through my bubble bags to make hash. I'm estimating 8 ounces on the plant right now after aggressively cutting off lower branches, cutting all large fan leaves of and all small shoots with immature buds and pruning off buds that were small and trashing all of that. Really wanted it to go two more weeks.

I'd hate to be in a position of having a large outdoor grow and then getting the weather I have had. I close to 300 miles North of Jc420bigbud though.

Luckily I grew plenty of autos this Summer and have over a pound put up in jars.

I cut the buds off completely that had bud rot. Each spot was the size of the last joint on my little finger. I cut the good portions of each bud out and am drying them to try. Small sugar leaves coming out of buds were already fully covered with cloudy and amber trichomes a week ago but pistils were still 90% white. Yesterday pistils were probably 40% brown on lower sections of plant. Sunny yesterday, raining again today. I've had rain and no sun for 6 out of the last 7 days.

I may have to cut the entire plant if I find additional bud rot. I had the powdery mildew under control finally yesterday. I wanted to let it grow a week more at the minimum and wanted most of it to go two weeks.

If the sugar leaves are cloudy or amber I guess I could cut early, dry all the buds and trimmed sugar leaves that contain trichomes ad run it all through my bubble bags to make hash. I'm estimating 8 ounces on the plant right now after aggressively cutting off lower branches, cutting all large fan leaves of and all small shoots with immature buds and pruning off buds that were small and trashing all of that. Really wanted it to go two more weeks.

I'd hate to be in a position of having a large outdoor grow and then getting the weather I have had. I close to 300 miles North of Jc420bigbud though.
Its all about being prepared my friend. I will start preparations for next years grow as soon as this one is done.I tried to find mold and pest resistant strains for this year being my first year with ordering seeds and not using my own regular seeds. I plan on running some sweet seeds fast versions next year that should finish up in mid september instead of mid october and try to research more extensively for better strains to run with the weather. Ill probably start the plants in January instead of February this year to add some extra veg to their life to compensate for the faster flower. If your weather is crappy and mine is look for plants that have long internode distances and a open plant structure. My pm is coming from trees that were just way to full and the air flow wasn't good enough I don't think the weather really would hurt if they were just not as thick and full.

Back