Indoor Growing a pound and a half in a 4x2’ tent

I agree. Topping is much easier compared to constantly fiddling with training stakes. Would be nice to just snap that main top off and be done with it, curious to see if there is actually a big difference. Might have to do a comparison in the near future like you did with both topped and trained plants to see the difference myself.
I might have already mentioned this somewhere on the forum, but... I had six plants, all different strains, three were topped and three were bent. I averaged each group of three to try and get a better sense of general outcome, and the total of the three that were bent produced 48% more weight than the total of the three that were topped -- and the smallest and biggest of each group held close to that ratio. That was significant enough for me to reconsider my methodology. It's a small sample, so it could be coincidence, but I'm willing to change. If you give the comparison a try, I'll definitely be watching... :thumbsup:

Let's do this!

That last FB Banana Purple Punch plant that I grew in the 4x2 yielded 17 oz after cure. You can do 1.5lb without breaking a sweat.
Let's do this!

That last FB Banana Purple Punch plant that I grew in the 4x2 yielded 17 oz after cure. You can do 1.5lb without breaking a sweat.
17oz? One plant? How???

I'm subbed for some future schwazzing action .. and i can already see that this is going to be "stress free" grow (ho-h0-harrrr lol )

I'll be putting one plant in my 4x2 soon and crossing my fingers for 5 ounce stunner :haha::crying::crying:

:bighug:

I'm subbed for some future schwazzing action .. and i can already see that this is going to be "stress free" grow (ho-h0-harrrr lol )

I'll be putting one plant in my 4x2 soon and crossing my fingers for 5 ounce stunner :haha::crying::crying:

You can do it bro. I sometimes somehow manage to pull 20oz in that space from around 3-4 plants. I’ve only got three running this time around in 16L pots. I usually average 4oz bare minimum. So you will defo get at least 5oz from one plant. On avg I yield around 5-6oz a plant in the same space.

@420autoflower - can’t wait for more updates bro

I might have already mentioned this somewhere on the forum, but... I had six plants, all different strains, three were topped and three were bent. I averaged each group of three to try and get a better sense of general outcome, and the total of the three that were bent produced 48% more weight than the total of the three that were topped -- and the smallest and biggest of each group held close to that ratio. That was significant enough for me to reconsider my methodology. It's a small sample, so it could be coincidence, but I'm willing to change. If you give the comparison a try, I'll definitely be watching... :thumbsup:
I’m going to do it man!
More that I think about it a side by side comparison with topped and trained plants would be a interesting experiment. I have a couple other grows I’m gearing up for at the moment so this one might have to wait for a few months but I will definitely do it sometime soon. Thinking of putting 4 of each in a 4x2’ or possibly running 2 4x2’s and separating the two categories.
@420autoflower a really Great looking grow, hope to follow along :clapper:
Thanks @throwstuffatme!
Glad you were able to join the party. :biggrin:

Nice to have you aboard @blue ! :thumbsup:
You will definitely see some schwazzing action with this one.

17oz? One plant? How???
Very possible with the right genetics, training and a lot of TLC!
If I just step out the SOG’s and allow myself more space I’m able to grow bigger and better plants as well.

Here is a 862 gram auto that was grown in a 27x27x63” tent and her sisters in a 24x48” grossing a total of 1718 grams (3.83 pounds)

Here is the thread with the other two and everything that was done and fed to them.

Here is a 499 gram Acapulco Gold

You can do it bro. I sometimes somehow manage to pull 20oz in that space from around 3-4 plants. I’ve only got three running this time around in 16L pots. I usually average 4oz bare minimum. So you will defo get at least 5oz from one plant. On avg I yield around 5-6oz a plant in the same space.

@420autoflower - can’t wait for more updates bro
Ok! OK!
Sorry for the delay brother! :biggrin:

Day 21… and all doing well so far. I do have a couple that are a little weak compared to the others but I’m hoping they will eventually catch up and still produce well. Might have to elevate the small ones down the road to even out the canopy but not a big deal. With the way they are growing I’m having to adjust the training hooks (bent coat hangers) at least once a day to keep the main tops horizontal, also been doing a lot of leaf tucking and hand training at this stage to expose the nodes the best I can without plucking any leaves. Hoping the tent will be filled in by next week if they keep growing the way they are.
Still fertigating 2 times a day but will increase to 3 very soon. Started mixing a pinch of Myco, 5 mil of General Hydroponics Rapid Start, 1 mil of General Hydroponics Floralicious and 5 mil of Clonex with my main N-P-K for every 5 gallons of nutes I mix to help promote better root growth and to give these girls everything they need for a strong veg and preflower period.

93D58171-0D02-4934-9F65-412084D8F3FC.jpeg
ECF99062-5D66-4915-8D02-512EDC8B457D.jpeg
7E05AD81-B220-45E6-9392-48CC8F030123.jpeg
C6315196-02C9-4BA6-B464-D12F4DF8FFE3.jpeg
7518C7E1-348B-459F-B37B-AB4E160FA438.jpeg
7844FCF5-97F9-4640-B912-8F7137F54016.jpeg

Ok! OK!
Sorry for the delay brother! :biggrin:

Day 21… and all doing well so far. I do have a couple that are a little weak compared to the others but I’m hoping they will eventually catch up and still produce well. Might have to elevate the small ones down the road to even out the canopy but not a big deal. With the way they are growing I’m having to adjust the training hooks (bent coat hangers) at least once a day to keep the main tops horizontal, also been doing a lot of leaf tucking and hand training at this stage to expose the nodes the best I can without plucking any leaves. Hoping the tent will be filled in by next week if they keep growing the way they are.
Still fertigating 2 times a day but will increase to 3 very soon. Started mixing a pinch of Myco, 5 mil of General Hydroponics Rapid Start, 1 mil of General Hydroponics Floralicious and 5 mil of Clonex with my main N-P-K for every 5 gallons of nutes I mix to help promote better root growth and to give these girls everything they need for a strong veg and preflower period.

View attachment 1559572View attachment 1559573View attachment 1559574View attachment 1559575View attachment 1559576View attachment 1559577
The consistency of growth between all those plants are superb bro. I’ve only seen a select few people here who seem to achieve even growth rates with so much plants. Looking awesome bro

Back