Indoor Growing a pound and a half in a 4x2’ tent

We started this run around the same time, so this will be fun for me. After following your previous grows I was inspired to push upward from 6 to 8 plants in my 2x4. My last run I tested topping - which I've always done - vs. bending the way you do, and the bent plants produced better, so that's what I'm doing with all of them this run.

I'm still growing in soil, and because of physical issues this grow I switched from fabric to plastic pots so that I will have to water less frequently (some might say a downgrade, but we do what we can). Mine is a very low-tech set up, the only thing I measure is air temps and RH, and honestly, my RH is too low but there's nothing I can do about it so really I'm only watching the temps! LOL All that said, they're solid genetics and I'm pretty sure I can finish them.

I'd be *very* lucky to pull a pound given my skill level and set up, but I look forward to watching your grow in real time as a parallel universe with other worldly potential.
:cheers:

We started this run around the same time, so this will be fun for me. After following your previous grows I was inspired to push upward from 6 to 8 plants in my 2x4. My last run I tested topping - which I've always done - vs. bending the way you do, and the bent plants produced better, so that's what I'm doing with all of them this run.

I'm still growing in soil, and because of physical issues this grow I switched from fabric to plastic pots so that I will have to water less frequently (some might say a downgrade, but we do what we can). Mine is a very low-tech set up, the only thing I measure is air temps and RH, and honestly, my RH is too low but there's nothing I can do about it so really I'm only watching the temps! LOL All that said, they're solid genetics and I'm pretty sure I can finish them.

I'd be *very* lucky to pull a pound given my skill level and set up, but I look forward to watching your grow in real time as a parallel universe with other worldly potential.
:cheers:
Did you start a thread on your new grow? If so… please post the link to it here. Would definitely be interested in watching how your crop develops over time.

Been growing in these cheap plastic grow bags for years now. They might be considered a downgrade from fabric containers but they seem to do the trick and they cost less than .10 cents each so I don’t feel bad when I toss them in the garbage after each grow. I’m growing in coco and watering to run off so over watering is not a issue with the plastic bags, I also use a paper hole puncher to bore out extra holes to help with the drainage.
I’ve always had a habit of bending my tops over and never have topped intentionally,… but certainly have snapped a few off while training when not carful enough. Seen many people on this forum top their plants successfully without any issues but for some reason I’m not comfortable with plucking the main node off the top of my plants. I’ve had good luck and decent yields by just bending the main top over and keeping it bent over for 12-14 days, which is basically the only training I do to create a flat and high yielding canopy.

Is it possible to run a humidifier inside or outside of your tent? I just invested in a $30 unit and it’s working out well so far. Not enough room in my tent for it but I have it sitting in front of the main opening and just leave the tent partially unzipped.

well bloody hell - I nearly missed this new thread - here now, drama averted :crying:

Looking mighty fine @420autoflower as @hope2grow was saying, you get your girls started in a way that really allows them to take off earlier than normal

Tea and Joint at the ready :pop:

Did you start a thread on your new grow? If so… please post the link to it here. Would definitely be interested in watching how your crop develops over time.

Been growing in these cheap plastic grow bags for years now. They might be considered a downgrade from fabric containers but they seem to do the trick and they cost less than .10 cents each so I don’t feel bad when I toss them in the garbage after each grow. I’m growing in coco and watering to run off so over watering is not a issue with the plastic bags, I also use a paper hole puncher to bore out extra holes to help with the drainage.
I’ve always had a habit of bending my tops over and never have topped intentionally,… but certainly have snapped a few off while training when not carful enough. Seen many people on this forum top their plants successfully without any issues but for some reason I’m not comfortable with plucking the main node off the top of my plants. I’ve had good luck and decent yields by just bending the main top over and keeping it bent over for 12-14 days, which is basically the only training I do to create a flat and high yielding canopy.

Is it possible to run a humidifier inside or outside of your tent? I just invested in a $30 unit and it’s working out well so far. Not enough room in my tent for it but I have it sitting in front of the main opening and just leave the tent partially unzipped.
No, haven't started a thread, not that bold. For me the advantage to topping is that the structure is fairly open and symmetrical, allowing for easy access for maintenance. And it's a 'one and done' thing, snip and move on. But on this run, harvest weight is the priority so I'll lean into the training. Your close up pictures helped, at first I was trying to bend them lower on the stalk and I was tipping the plant, but then I could see how you were just training at the softer new growth, makes more sense.

As far as humidity goes, the tent is in my living room, the exhaust fan is on top and is running backwards -- pushing (rather than pulling) warm air down into the tent past the lights and over the plants. That's how I can maintain 80-82º at the canopy. So I can't humidify at the input, and I'm not willing to humidify the whole room just to bring up the tent. I'm not sure what the exact impact is of low humidity? Lately it's been hovering around 42%, for two week olds that seems low to me. It'll probably hold that +/- for most of the run.

The nice part of having the tent in the living room is that it's where we spend a lot of our time in the winter, so there are two human, two cat, and one dog CO2 generators in there with them!

Last edited:
1674590624052.png

well bloody hell - I nearly missed this new thread - here now, drama averted :crying:

Looking mighty fine @420autoflower as @hope2grow was saying, you get your girls started in a way that really allows them to take off earlier than normal

Tea and Joint at the ready :pop:
My apologies Z… should have tagged you here when I first posted. :rolleyes1:

A strong start is always good. Don’t have much growing at the moment so I can really concentrate on babying these girls and give them everything they need for a healthy veg. :biggrin:

No, haven't started a thread, not that bold. For me the advantage to topping is that the structure is fairly open and symmetrical, allowing for easy access for maintenance. And it's a 'one and done' thing, snip and move on. But on this run, harvest weight is the priority so I'll lean into the training. Your close up pictures helped, at first I was trying to bend them lower on the stalk and I was tipping the plant, but then I could see how you were just training at the softer new growth, makes more sense.

As far as humidity goes, the tent is in my living room, the exhaust fan is on top and is running backwards -- pushing (rather than pulling) warm air down into the tent past the lights and over the plants. That's how I can maintain 80-82º at the canopy. So I can't humidify at the input, and I'm not willing to humidify the whole room just to bring up the tent. I'm not sure what the exact impact is of low humidity? Lately it's been hovering around 42%, for two week olds that seems low to me. It'll probably hold that +/- for most of the run.

The nice part of having the tent in the living room is that it's where we spend a lot of our time in the winter, so there are two human, two cat, and one dog CO2 generators in there with them!
I agree. Topping is much easier compared to constantly fiddling with training stakes. Would be nice to just snap that main top off and be done with it, curious to see if there is actually a big difference. Might have to do a comparison in the near future like you did with both topped and trained plants to see the difference myself.
Tough for me in the winter to get the humidity I need for good veg growth. With the house heater constant running it always keeps the R/H really low and definitely slows down the plants. Great during flowering but a constant battle with veg. Been running the hell out of this little humidifier trying to keep the R/H above 60%.

Back