Lighting Growage Life with GC

Took the last Forgotten Cookie and the first of three more AvT a few days ago and let them sit in a dark area for 3 days.. their hanging as of this am. Two of the FC has issue with some foxtailing, as is one of the AvT.

From a bit of reading i'v been doing most say it can be contributed to genetics, heat or light stress? When it was just the FC showing it I thought it may be genetic (also had some 3 finger fans) heat has been 75* at the warmest, so perhaps the lights. But i'm at 20" or better through flowering. I remember @BigSm0 mentioning foxtails issues.. could it be a spectrum issue? Appreciate any input on this anyone may have, i'd like to eliminate the issue for better bag appeal.

So, a few pics.

View attachment 1001359

Two remaining AvT, this is the strain all my friends seem to favor. I'll need to restock at some point.

View attachment 1001360
View attachment 1001361
View attachment 1001362

The ChemBubbly are doing well, I plan to run a few of these outdoor this season also.

View attachment 1001363
View attachment 1001364

I plan to flower this under AutoCob's so i'll share this also. Few years back I won a bud/plant of the month contest on a defunct forum, received three beans from "WiseGuy Genetics" labeled "Girls Gone Wild" (photoperiod reg's). Searching this brought near nothing.. except a story about someone ripping genetics from "Cosa Pharms". WiseGuy and Cosa seem to be non existant now so I figured i'd give them a shot. Story is these are a cross of GSC and DJ Short Blueberry Muffin pheno. Two of three germ'd but only one made it, let's see what I get.

View attachment 1001367
:drool:Those are amazing looking plants, well done. :woody: I can smell that Chembuddy from here. :slap:

I love the WiseGuys Genetics story. If it does turn out to be a male I think I would try to grab some pollen. If a female, I’d be cloning and reversing to make more seed. Sounds like a reallly interesting cross. :pass:

Thank You HemiSync, much appreciated.

Yeah, i'll grab pollen or clone depending.. and research reversing. I have some CannaFem spray I was sent a few years ago..

Thank You HemiSync, much appreciated.

Yeah, i'll grab pollen or clone depending.. and research reversing. I have some CannaFem spray I was sent a few years ago..
Most of those are just CS, colloidal silver, so if it still in solution it should work. Plus you will have the advantage of having feminized seeds for that strain.

OK, believe I figured out the issue which caused the foxtailing.. me! I remember that as space became scarce I moved earlier flowering plants from the tent with autocobs to under the HID in another tent.. and then back under autocobs later in flower. Stressing the plants..

Only a few plants, not the same strain, finishing under the LED was the only common scenario. It was grower error as I had routinely swapped tents before.. but both were HID. I'll be smarter in the future.. guess I learned something.

Last of the AvT has been pulled and is sitting in dark.

Here's the autocob tent as of this past Friday. The 2x ChemBubbly are doing well, have been in this space since they were in veg. 4x CB's wou;ld fully fill a 4x4 tent/space.. their the largest Mephisto plants i'v run to date.

Jan25CB1.jpg

Jan25CB2.jpg

And with 2x 3BOG in front that are finishing up.
Jan25group.jpg

This week I will be starting my spring finish photoperiods, Fem'd HSO ChemDawg. I'v run these before, a favorite among bud's. I also have some IC91 from Insane Seeds Posse in photo regs I may run, or perhaps another round of Mephisto.

Hope everyone is doing well..

AvT and 3BOG has been jarred, one ChemBubbly has been pulled and is now hanging. A branch sample of the CB I took 3-4 weeks ago has been sampled, have a friend that prefers it over the Forgotten Cookies but I disagree. I much prefer the FC for muscle relaxation and my chronic back pain.

Some FC in my Swag Gear jar..
Feb7FCjar.jpg

Here's the last of two ChemBubbly, the sativa leaning pheno. This was started first and will finish last, just showing amber after 90+ days. It's been under 12/12 lighting for about 4 days.
Feb10lastCB.jpg

And the single Girls Gone Wild (Cosa Pharms/WiseGuiy Genetics) which fortunately is a female. Topped and put into flower 4 days now. This strain is supposed to be Forum Cut GSC and DJ Flas Blueberry Muffin pheno. Never did clone it, i'll reveg if I wanna keep it around.
Feb10GGW.jpg

I'm still running the original formula Mega Crop, and have the new formula sample. I think i'll be making a larger purchase as this nutrient looks like what i'v been looking for.

The Growage has had more work done lately, added a mini fridge for bean storage and beverages. Flat screen TV and ROKU stick, and a cool Bluetooth speaker for tunes. It's turning into a much more comfortable space and i'm very happy with the work done this past summer. Next is cutting a hole for the AC unit I plan to install before temps get too warm.

Very happy with my AutoCob purchase..

I did end up taking a lower branch off the GGW yesterday since it wasn't going to reach near canopy height.. try my luck with rooting it in a glass of water. I don't have any Clonex and i'd have a few hour drive to go get some real quick.. see what happens with this. If this is something I wanna keep around i'll reveg it for clones.

@HSO-Mark I started some photoperiods, dropped 4 HSO Chemdawg that i'v grown a few times now. The last two packs I bought were very tiny beans and pretty pale, but I always had near 100% germ in all breeder packs i'v purchased. 1 of 4 beans popped.. then I started 3 more and got 2 of 3. Not very happy about that percentage. Mark, is this an isolated incident or have you had similar reports with this strain of late?

With the above I decided to try a few HSO Trainwreck I had been sitting on.

Harvested the last ChemBubbly today, in excess of 100 days. Really didn't pack on much weight late but the buds did get nice and hard.

Feb20CBlast.jpg

Feb20CB1.jpg

Feb20CB2.jpg

So that leaves a lone plant under the autocobs 12/12, the Girls Gone Wild till the 3 HSO ChemDawg are ready to flip.

Feb20GGW1.jpg

And what it should look like soon..
GGWcosapharms.jpg

Very happy with the simplicity of Megacrop with no supplements, look forward to getting a few more runs under my belt with it.

Feb28GGWclone.jpg
I did end up taking a lower branch off the GGW yesterday since it wasn't going to reach near canopy height.. try my luck with rooting it in a glass of water. I don't have any Clonex and i'd have a few hour drive to go get some real quick.. see what happens with this. If this is something I wanna keep around i'll reveg it for clones.

I ended up tossing the GGW clone into a mason jar, with an airstone inside. Worked well.. guess it's two weeks in now and several roots have developed. Let them get a bit longer and i'll transfer to an awaiting container.

She's a bit slow to flower and stretch so far is 12" on an 18" plant at switch.

Feb28GGW.jpg

3 ChemDawg will be joining her in a few weeks, after I take a cut or two.

3 weeks later, the GGW just about doubled in height during flower. She vegg's quick but takes her time to transition. Buds are just now starting to change hue, and the fans have turned color on the underside only to this point. Looking at the breeder pic I posted earlier it appears to stay that way.

Mar23GGW1.jpg

Mar23GGW4.jpg

She's the only lady under the 5 autocobs currently but I have 3x HSO Chemdawg just about ready to join her.

Mar23GGW3.jpg

Hope y'all are well and garden is flourishing! New Bill in my home state to legalize adult use and allow home grow.. :happydance:

Back