Lighting Growage Life with GC

Day 53 when photo's taken a few days ago. One AVT is ambering already, rest are clear/milky.

Lights are 25" from canopy, gonna lower them today to around 18".

Nov13group.jpg

The quicker to finish AVT
Nov13AVTquick.jpg

Pic labeled AVT but it's the single Gold Glue.
Nov13AVT2.jpg

The younger lady's in group pic are the Forgotten Cookies which seem to be growing well, don't think I stunt that round. I'm not up to some of y'alls level but i'm trying.. I promise better looking plants soon.

At around Day 67 the original 5 plants came down, 4x AVT and a single Gold Glue. They are now in jars awaiting the holidays. These were the ones I seemed to stunt, and looks as though the yield is roughly 1oz per. Grown in Roots Organic with the Mephisto ammendment.. i'm done with that.

These here are the 4x Mephisto Forgotten Cookies I started after, which are at roughly Day 45. These had a better start and this group should yield better. Again running in Roots Organic but with Mega Crop this run. Plants are dark green with 1/4 tsp nutes (~1.5g).. one showed a bit of tip burn at 2g dosage a few weeks ago. I realize this is low but I always hear the "less is more" comment so lets see what happens. It's a learning curve for me I figure. Playing with my EC meter i'm seeing 2.0ish EC and ~950ppm on 500 scale with tap water. Any comment or advice in this regard?

Group shot.. with the 4x FC and next round of 3x AVT and 2x Chem Bubbly from Mephisto.

Dec5group.jpg

FC filling in nicely..
Dec5FC1.jpg

Dec5FC2.jpg

Dec5FC4.jpg

This FC is about a foot taller than the others, the only plant not sitting atop a 2 gallon bucket. Helps with my bad back when I have the overhead.

Dec5FC3.jpg

Hope everyone is well and getting ready for the Holidays!

Last edited:
At around Day 67 the original 5 plants came down, 4x AVT and a single Gold Glue. They are now in jars awaiting the holidays. These were the ones I seemed to stunt, and looks as though the yield is roughly 1oz per. Grown in Roots Organic with the Mephisto ammendment.. i'm done with that.

These here are the 4x Mephisto Forgotten Cookies I started after, which are at roughly Day 45. These had a better start and this group should yield better. Again running in Roots Organic but with Mega Crop this run. Plants are dark green with 1/4 cup nutes (~1.5g).. one showed a bit of tip burn at 2g dosage a few weeks ago. I realize this is low but I always hear the "less is more" comment so lets see what happens. It's a learning curve for me I figure. Playing with my EC meter i'm seeing 2.0ish EC and ~950ppm on 500 scale with tap water. Any comment or advice in this regard?

Group shot.. with the 4x FC and next round of 3x AVT and 2x Chem Bubbly from Mephisto.

View attachment 983104

FC filling in nicely..
View attachment 983110
View attachment 983111

View attachment 983112

This FC is about a foot taller than the others, the only plant not sitting atop a 2 gallon bucket. Helps with my bad back when I have the overhead.

View attachment 983115

Hope everyone is well and getting ready for the Holidays!

The FC's look great for day 45. Another 30 days of similar bud development and they should be an amazing harvest.

I hope to improve this round.. appreciate the input guys.

Mizzo, the saucers and smarties sit atop my old 2gallon white Hempy buckets. Helps me from having to bend and lift from floor level with a bad back.

Tallest FC in center of group sits on floor and is level with rest of canopy.

I hope to improve this round.. appreciate the input guys.

Mizzo, the saucers and smarties sit atop my old 2gallon white Hempy buckets. Helps me from having to bend and lift from floor level with a bad back.

Tallest FC in center of group sits on floor and is level with rest of canopy.
I get the raised pots I do the same thing. Everything is easier watering checking for moisture levels. I also elevate my fabric pots with anything I can find that will allow the bottom of the pot to get air and dry out. I use old bricks but not the solid ones the ones with hollow cores for more air. I found when sitting on the floor I would get the same thing as plastic pots build up of roots that don’t uptake as well as air pruned roots. And the pots dry more evenly something gat improved my grows I figured I would share. I know you're not a rookie but little things sometimes get overlooked. This could be what the smarties r for I just can’t see in pic just googled smarties gardening I got nothing. What r these smarties lol

I get the raised pots I do the same thing. Everything is easier watering checking for moisture levels. I also elevate my fabric pots with anything I can find that will allow the bottom of the pot to get air and dry out. I use old bricks but not the solid ones the ones with hollow cores for more air. I found when sitting on the floor I would get the same thing as plastic pots build up of roots that don’t uptake as well as air pruned roots. And the pots dry more evenly something gat improved my grows I figured I would share. I know you're not a rookie but little things sometimes get overlooked. This could be what the smarties r for I just can’t see in pic just googled smarties gardening I got nothing. What r these smarties lol

Smarties are the fabric Smart Pot brand containers.. lol, sorry to confuse ya.

Ya know, I have seen root accumulation between the containers and saucers. Never thought about a solid surface restricting the air pruning underneath, but I like how it sucks up the run off from sides that's typical of fabric pots. I'll have to do some research.. maybe waiting 20 minutes and slipping in elevated wire stands used with hot cookware or something. Thanks for the tip..

So I was also just reading a bit on fan leaves reaching up as mine have been doing, got everything from needing water, light stress, to it indicating a healthy grow. The latter which I believed earlier.. and still do unless told otherwise here? My closest flower is 15" from an autocob.

Smarties are the fabric Smart Pot brand containers.. lol, sorry to confuse ya.

Ya know, I have seen root accumulation between the containers and saucers. Never thought about a solid surface restricting the air pruning underneath, but I like how it sucks up the run off from sides that's typical of fabric pots. I'll have to do some research.. maybe waiting 20 minutes and slipping in elevated wire stands used with hot cookware or something. Thanks for the tip..

So I was also just reading a bit on fan leaves reaching up as mine have been doing, got everything from needing water, light stress, to it indicating a healthy grow. The latter which I believed earlier.. and still do unless told otherwise here? My closest flower is 15" from an autocob.
Yup I do the same let them sit for a little to soak up the little bit of run off from sides then put them up. When they get big I just water slower and get less dribble I can’t lift either lol also why I went to coco and only up to 3 gal pots. Much lighter

Pics a few days old, day 54 for the Forgotten Cookies.

Dec14AVT1.jpg

Dec14FC2.jpg

Dec14FC3.jpg

Dec14FC4.jpg

The taller FC next to one of the shorter 3.

Dec14FCcompare.jpg

One of the FC's showing this on lower leaves. Toxicity? I'v come to figure out that i'm feeding hotter than I had thought, more on this in next post.

Dec14FCissue.jpg

Mephisto ChemBubbly, one of about 20 freebies I got during last years Black Friday sale. I missed the event this year.. damnit. She's got some nice structure to her.

Dec14ChemBubbly.jpg

There's a few AVT in here also that I didn't get pics of this week.

Dec14group.jpg

Got battery's for the BlueLab ph pen.. the LCD display is half unlit.. several sets of batteries had no change, guess this one shit the bed after 2 years like it's predecessor. I'll buy another but start looking for a better replacement to invest in.

Reading where others using Megacrop are feeding with ~6 gram per gallon I was having difficulty figuring out why I would get burnt tips at anything near 2 gram per gallon. Then seeing what I think may be a toxicity ( compared pic to others in another thread) issue developing had me recheck things, comparing to @Greenleaf Nutrients feeding schedule. Think I may have found a typo?

"1 US Teaspoon (4.9ml) = 6 grams MEGA CROP"

With the above I figured my 1/4 tsp level scoop would be 1.5 gram, 2 gram being an additional ~1/3 scoop. I broke out the kitchen scale, a level 1/4 tsp weighs out to exactly 6 grams. I had been playing with trying to learn my BlueLab EC pen.. and when comparing ppm results with rest of chart I then fall right inline.

So, I was feeding 6+ gram from seedling on.. not the 2 I had thought. Now things are making sense with the ppm levels. So yes @Mizzo81 .. I can be a total newb at times. ;)

Back