Harvest & Curing Grove Bags and Boveda Curing

We have not seen much success using a moisture meter without probes. That being said a any moisture meter is better then no moisture meter.

ok,i think i'll just get one with pins,seeing as i have come this far.

@Grove Bags is it possible to seal the bags with a hair straightener, or do you need a food processor type of sealer?

@Grove Bags is it possible to seal the bags with a hair straightener, or do you need a food processor type of sealer?
Many of our customers use hair straighteners to heat seal our products. Please be sure to use a ceramic Hair Straightener. I wish we could tell you what heat setting to put it on but most hair straighteners are different. You will have to experiment with your heat setting to get it dialed in.

If you accidentally melt the top edge while dialing in just cut the melted part off and try again below it.

@Grove Bags Hi, I'm from the UK and very interested in testing some of these bags out..are there any updates on distributors here in the UK yet?

Could you also recommend, and/or show some pictures of the type of moisture meters that would work well for testing bud?..there are many different types and if I'm going to check these bags out, then I would prefer to do this properly. :)

Thank you for your time.

We are working with a company to stock our products in the EU as we speak.

As far as moisture meters goes it will need to have the pins or probes on the end. We recommend some of the high end hops moisture meters but, we have customers using fairly in expensive wood ones that are claiming they get the job done.

One we have heard good things about but have not used yet is https://thetriminator.com/product/moisture-meter/

As far as moisture meters goes it will need to have the pins or probes on the end. We recommend some of the high end hops moisture meters but, we have customers using fairly in expensive wood ones that are claiming they get the job done.

One we have heard good things about but have not used yet is https://thetriminator.com/product/moisture-meter/
I love your bags this is from the other day
Couple of dry bud pics from @Fast Buds Heather lemon pie auto that I grew a while ago that's been curing in @Grove Bags and holy fuck is it nice

20210309_222907.jpg

20210309_222921.jpg

20210309_223023.jpg

20210309_223043.jpg

Thank you for the swift response, that's great news and I will keep an eye on any EU distributor :thumbsup:

I'll also check that moisture meter out, very reasonably priced too.

@Grove Bags Hello, I am from Canada and am wondering if there is anywhere to order your bags from within Canada??

I looked at purchasing from your site, but I only need to sample a few bags and shipping was about 5 times the price of the bags.

I requested some free samples through your site,so hopefully I will get approved,if it turns out there is nowhere in Canada to buy from.

Thanks!!!

Unfortunately, we do not have any current stocking distributors in Canada.

Ok guys You heard it first from me. @Grove Bags has some new matte finish bags that magically appeared with my last order. I later discovered that they are samples of a new product :jump:.

I got the 4oz and immediately tore at the zip-lock; it was tough and appeared to separate sorta? Ordinary pulling on the bag did not open it. In fact I thought it was welded accidentally when the zip-lock was attached. I think no big deal. I heat seal anyhow, so I took the scissors and cut the top off. :paleo: :rofl: :doh:It is a double zip seal, that is really stout and I just cut it off for no reason :shrug:

It does have little tabs that facilitate opening the second seal. This system takes a minute to master but it is military ridged. It seals really well. Grove stated to me this is just one example of new zips they are looking at. There is not a weld problem in the samples I have tested so far.

I think all first time users would have trouble if not fore-warned.

The new surface (Matte) does hold paper labels a little better but still not great. You can write on them with a marking pen which is a plus.

As far as the cure/storage characteristics I have some in storage so only time will tell.

I have to give a huge shout out to Grove Bags for listening to us and making improvements along the lines to fix the issues we have faced here. :worship:

Some pictures of the new bags.

_DSC3653.JPG

What looks like a tear is actually the little flap that helps you to open the second seal.

_DSC3670.JPG

There is a difference in the profile as these are both 1/4 pound bags. The matte finish bag is a little wider and shorter.

So there you have it. I will update as time passes and I use more of them. I am in between crops at the moment.

Ps that hygrometer is a lair :rofl:

Last edited:
Back