Mephisto Genetics Gringo's perpetual Mephisto grow .... HubbaBubbaHaze harvested

Ghost Toof, day 7 drinks 30ml (1oz)/day, EC 0,6 and shows a nice root development ...she will be transplanted tomorrow.

09-04-001 GT.JPG

Sour Stomper, day 25, needed 1000ml (1/4gal) today, EC 0,8. She's in self-topping-mode .. growing at a good rate, so far.

09-04-002 SSt.JPG

09-04-003 SSt.JPG

09-04-005 SSt.JPG

Forum Stomper, day 46 is slowly coming to the end of her stretch. Started with BigBud at 1ml/l and reduced the base nutrients, EC 1,2, 2000ml (1/2 gal). She's now 70cm (28in) tall.

09-04-004 OD FSt.JPG

Orange Diesel, day 66, will need 3 weeks more, I guess. I switched from BigBud to Overdrive (1ml/l) and reduced base nutrients even more, 2700ml (3/4gal), EC 0,9.

09-04-006 OD.JPG

Cheers!

Last edited:
Liking it a lot. All in different stages of growth ( at least I think so from the pictures). Looking great man!

Thank you for stopping by and your kind words. :thanks:

Forgotten Cookies has been my first plant grown under individual Cobs and I‘m thrilled about them. Their intensity and penetration is awesome and it‘s a lot easier to adjust the single lights over the ladies (also playing with overlapping and reflection) than adjust plants with different needs under a panel.

Forgotten Cookies and Orange Diesel, for example, can deal a lot better with high light intensity than my Forum Stomper. In their forties, FC and OD grew well with the lights at 50cm (20in), at the same age Forum Stomper needs less (60cm / 24in) on the other hand. FS is still stretching 1-2in per day .... I will see but maybe I‘ll run out of height and have to take off the lens of her Cob to reduce light intensity.

Cheers and happy growing!

I’m looking seriously into a few cobs to place between plants and thinking 120 lens for better spread and less intensity so as to better light sides verses strong center point.

Seems several strains DON’t like intense light much over 550 PPFD.

Peace,
OB

Liking it a lot. All in different stages of growth ( at least I think so from the pictures). Looking great man!

Thanks, mate!
Yes, all in different stages of growth.

I’m looking seriously into a few cobs to place between plants and thinking 120 lens for better spread and less intensity so as to better light sides verses strong center point.

Seems several strains DON’t like intense light much over 550 PPFD.

Peace,
OB

You‘re right, OB ... some ladies like it brighter, others don‘t but even more during veg. than flower. At least if you do not push them too hard during the first half of life. In my experience it‘s better to hold back a bit during veg. and wait till end of stretch to give them the maximum of light.

90 or 120 lenses? .. It depends mostly on your grow style. I don‘t grow indicas but medium or medium to tall plants. Due to my limited space, I try to form my ladies through topping and LST in order to have a max. height of 80cm (35in) and a max. width of 45cm (18in). With my space/style intensity is more important than coverage and I took the good decision to buy 90 lenses.

The impact of wall reflection and overlapping is enormous. To obtain a more even intensity, sometime it‘s better not to center the COB right above the plant .... but you have excellent possibilities to figure it out with your light meter.

BTW lenses aren‘t very expensive but the difference between a COB without lens/reflector and a COB with 120 lens is little. I wouldn‘t spend money for it .. but that‘s just a personal opinion. I think you are running a COB-panel and a single COB ... why don‘t you remove the lens on the single one and compare?

:thanks: for stopping by!

Cheers and happy growing!

Ghost Toof, day 12 from breaking soil

Some days ago -really stoned- I got the thought to buy and install 2 small mirrors in order to direct light towards the lowest set of secondaries. As you know I like topping and LST and an accelerated growth of the lowers is always an added advantage. Maybe a crazy idea .. we will see.

14-04-002 GT.JPG

14-04-003 GT.JPG

Last edited:
Back