Extraction Green dragon...(becareful)

Im really curious about the storage properties of GD. Does the alcohol preserve the THC better than storing in weed form? Also high alcohol solution should be able to be kept in freezer I would think... Anyone ever make this and try it a year or two or 10 later?

I plan on making some tonight with some cali outdoor blue dream that I just picked up. I'm excited to see how this works. I have a very high tolerance and I've had someone give me some glycerin tincture before and it didn't really effect me.

I will follow the original recipe and hopefully get medicated!(I might lower the alcohol a bit to make it stronger)

Results will be posted later

I won't lie...I did exactly what was said two different times and I didn't feel much. I want to make it with the glycerin next time because the taste was shitty(i can handle it but it's just nasty).

I won't lie...I did exactly what was said two different times and I didn't feel much. I want to make it with the glycerin next time because the taste was shitty(i can handle it but it's just nasty).

It doesn't work as well if you are a heavy smoker. Taking more helps but it works best if you don't smoke for about a week before you take GD

It doesn't work as well if you are a heavy smoker. Taking more helps but it works best if you don't smoke for about a week before you take GD

That's pretty disappointing. I knew it wouldn't effect me as hard because I'm a heavy smoker but it should at least be able to get me high! I wanted to make the tincture as a way to save weed and have a longer high. So much for that.

So far tincture, and edibles have been a huge fail for me.

That's pretty disappointing. I knew it wouldn't effect me as hard because I'm a heavy smoker but it should at least be able to get me high! I wanted to make the tincture as a way to save weed and have a longer high. So much for that.

So far tincture, and edibles have been a huge fail for me.

Hi guys!

I have made edibles multiple times and that time I wanted to make, GD, so I did. :D

I think that it was sometihng in the process that I've done wrong, bc the first few times, in the first weeks after the GD was made, the effects were slow and acctualy barely there. I would take a 3 eyedropper dose to get high. And with the effects being weak, I have just put it aside, and waited for a better application...

This weekend, after more than 3 months, I've hit it again during the saturday housecleaning, and it was pretty wild. :D The potency increased over time dramaticaly, and I think that the decarboxylation was not initialy done right. Some of the recepies for GD that I initialy looked into, did not include the fast decarboxylation process (baking) at all. These "nonbaking" recepies relied on time to do the decarboxylation and it is supposed to be the "original" recepture. And I can testify that in my case, time did the trick. This time I've hit 1 eyedropper initialy, and had to lie down after an hour or so... :D In the evening I've had a few beers, and an additional eyedropper with my friends, and it was a happy acidlike, bodystone experience, that questioned your ability to walk funny. :D

So if the tincture is not working initialy, be patient. If you have followed the steps, this should get you high. If it's weak in the begginig something with decarboxylation may be off, so don't throw it away, put it aside and enjoy the Dragon Breath in a few months! ;)

I havent tried this, but I dont see the need to heat the mixture. QWiso is made without heat, if you are using a high % alcohol like EC, I think heating would just increase the nasty taste.

Heating the alcohol/herb mixture helps dissolve the cannabinoids faster and also allows you to evaporate some of the alcohol so it does not burn the crap out of your mouth when you take it. I have tried making GD in the freezer, at room temperature, and heated using what Cres posted and I find the heated method works the best for me plus it is ready in under an hour.

Key step is decarbing your bud, I like 225 degrees F for 60 minutes. Since oven temperatures cycle up and down as it goes off and on this starting temp helps to keep the bud from getting too hot. At the end of 60 minutes I shut off the oven and allow it to cool in the oven.

I then "cook" the alcohol/herb mixture in a water bath at about 175 degrees F until it is reduced by half; this gets the alcohol content down to a tolerable level for my taste.

Shake the GD before use in case the alcohol content got too low and the cannabinoids have precipitated some. Two squirts from a dropper bottle on an empty stomach gets me ready for bed, 4 squirts gets me nice and high.

Back