Fast Buds Girl scout cookies & tangie

Also some

It started on the lower leaves like this
View attachment 1273659View attachment 1273660

Then the leaves go completely brown and crispy and curl up. They also have red stems. (didnt take pics of this stage)

Its common for res ph to drop in flower and lock out some nutrients.
In my case it started with lower leaves as well but after it was everywhere.
What is remedy? PK?

on the home stretch now :d5:
Day 54 for the gsc
They are being eaten alive by a P def that im struggling to get on top of.
Looked worse before i plucked the fans that were completely sucked dry.
But all i need to do is nurse them over the finish line
View attachment 1273643View attachment 1273644View attachment 1273645View attachment 1273646View attachment 1273647View attachment 1273648View attachment 1273649View attachment 1273650View attachment 1273651View attachment 1273652View attachment 1273653View attachment 1273654

I think you are dealing with a salt build-up. It can be really hard to rinse off the Hydroton. The calcium forms a tight bond to the clay just like the ring in a toilet. It will cling to rock wool also. You can avoid this by fertigating to waste and achieve a 20% run-off every day. You may still need to do a Nutrient flush or two in a grow even with the high run-off.

2021-01-07_21-57-47.jpg

In my case it started with lower leaves as well but after it was everywhere.
What is remedy? PK?
Yes mate, but in my case its keeping at correct ph also
on the home stretch now :d5:
Nearly there mate
Only another couple weeks in them max by the looks of it anyway m8. Watt ya think?? Day 70 finish?
Yea bud i think theyll be down pretty close to then. The smaller girl might go an extra week or so.
I think you are dealing with a salt build-up. It can be really hard to rinse off the Hydroton. The calcium forms a tight bond to the clay just like the ring in a toilet. It will cling to rock wool also. You can avoid this by fertigating to waste and achieve a 20% run-off every day. You may still need to do a Nutrient flush or two in a grow even with the high run-off.

View attachment 1273780

Yea man o green i have been getting a lot of salt build up with the dynagro nutrients. Didnt get this with ghe.
I was thinking that when the drippers are on its washing the old dalts back into the res and making it more acidic, thats whats lowering ph so strongly this run.

Ideally i would be running dtw and hopefully will in future. At the minute i have no drains within 75ft so res changes means carrying waste water away in buckets.
Which is why i try to let them go longer than i should. And flushing the media would be a lot of heavy work

My ideal grow room would have trays that run into a drain

Sorry to hear that things went awry with the girls. Last time I had autos that didn't auto, i was lucky. I only had 3 plants of the same strain and it happened to all 3. The survivors are looking good despite the P issue.

Hey mate jea bita bad luck i guess i bought direct from fastbuds and the packs do have serial nos but i burn everything grow related. I got two 5 packs of girl scout cookies then picked the beat 8 for the wilmas so who knows what the other two were.
Yea not even a pistil mate been on auto pilot recently and didnt check earlier.

Scambeza has been bulletproof for me mate... Much as you hate to hear it
:biggrin:
Will def run the night owl when i can. Tracking shows they were in london on xmas day so shouldn't be far away.
:face: pardon the memory lapse,...

Did the NO seeds make it? I sure hope so, that is some diggity-dang genetics there! If ever you can get them (maybe ask GBD/Daz directly), try Cosmic Queen! She a dazzling lady across the board...
:rofl: I don't hate to hear 't'all, I'm glad you get good results!

I agree Woody, P defc. acting up there... If your pH is OK, then a lockout by Ca is the likely suspect. They are eating a lot of N out of those fans first though...
Just curious, what's the NPK#'s for your bloom regime?
Buds are plumping up well enough, so the fans are giving it up just like they should!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that things went awry with the girls. Last time I had autos that didn't auto, i was lucky. I only had 3 plants of the same strain and it happened to all 3. The survivors are looking good despite the P issue.
Yea mate should have some bud to show at the end of it anyway!
:face: pardon the memory lapse,...

Did the NO seeds make it? I sure hope so, that is some diggity-dang genetics there! If ever you can get them (maybe ask GBD/Daz directly), try Cosmic Queen! She a dazzling lady across the board...
:rofl: I don't hate to hear 't'all, I'm glad you get good results!

I agree Woody, P defc. acting up there... If your pH is OK, then a lockout by Ca is the likely suspect. They are eating a lot of N out of those fans first though...
Just curious, what's the NPK#'s for your bloom regime?
Buds are plumping up well enough, so the fans are giving it up just like they should!

Hey waira the no delivery is still en route. Was at london airport on xmas day and tracking showed it moved again 6 days ago so should be here this week.
I got a pack of milk and qookies and sage scout.
Will start them as soon as theyre here!

Well i have been adjusting ph a lot. Done a full change 3 days ago and things are stable but before that res was dropping ph fast. (like @Mañ'O'Green noticed above ive been getting a lot more salt build up than normal with dynagro compared to flora series )
Could get to 5.1 before i got home from work and correct it
I think a lot of the damage is done then.
What i wouldnt give for a handheld bluelab pen that could read levels of every nutrient in the res

Dyna bloom is 3-12-6 and mag pro (their flower booster) is 2-15-4
So they are super P heavy. Funny you mention Ca as dyna gro have articles about taking cannabis leaf samples and claiming Ca is the most abundant element in tissue.
But they also advise not to use calmag supp as they have enough in base nutes (2%ca 0.5%mg)

Back