DIY Garage Grow Box 6’x4’x6’

One Year Later....

Still going strong and have only made one modification, I had to tear out the inside wall to make more floor space! Here’s a few pics of the current and some former residents.

Current

A2AAD893-1223-424F-8132-76C06FD0C094.jpeg

Previous

EE08E67E-F073-4405-9972-00A46200037E.jpeg

A4B72D69-34C5-4048-9A1F-9CA22BF16D39.jpeg

0E06A80C-2D9B-456A-AB55-9F47917769BA.jpeg

F0871430-B5F7-4CB1-86BB-05B1AEE04A6B.jpeg

AD76B5A3-8FBE-49B3-9DA6-D30BC5911421.jpeg

FFC0D4DA-794E-4088-B9B5-5C31389AFF86.jpeg

How's the smell? Does your filter do a good job? How long did it take to build the whole thing?

There’s no smell at all with the doors closed and exhaust running! I’ve shown a few friends, and I they’re always impressed they can’t smell anything until the doors get opened. It didn’t take too long to build, maybe a week of me messing around with it in the evenings after work.

There’s no smell at all with the doors closed and exhaust running! I’ve shown a few friends, and I they’re always impressed they can’t smell anything until the doors get opened. It didn’t take too long to build, maybe a week of me messing around with it in the evenings after work.
are you using a 6 inch inline and charcoal filter? you left lots of air intakes, great to hear the smell is controlled even during flower I assume? how are you using the side compartments?

are you using a 6 inch inline and charcoal filter? you left lots of air intakes, great to hear the smell is controlled even during flower I assume? how are you using the side compartments?

No side compartments anymore, I removed that inner wall to give me more grow space! :jointman:

I initially used it for starting all my plants in the top section, as it was easy to keep warm. The middle and bottom were storage.

I do have a 6” fan now, but used the 4” ducting and filter I had laying around. Going to upsize everything to 6” in the spring.

nevermijd
No side compartments anymore, I removed that inner wall to give me more grow space! :jointman:

I initially used it for starting all my plants in the top section, as it was easy to keep warm. The middle and bottom were storage.

I do have a 6” fan now, but used the 4” ducting and filter I had laying around. Going to upsize everything to 6” in the spring.
I'm impressed you're getting smell controlled like that! well done.

It doesn’t take much to control the scent, just make sure your fan is decent and you have a charcoal filter! Ive got a tent downstairs as well, out in the open, that you wouldn’t know was there based on smell. As for the cabinet, the only intake right now is the screen on the side, I’ve got the doors weather stripped on the inside to seal up again the frame. I’m sure it ain’t airtight, but have yet to have issues with smell.

It doesn’t take much to control the scent, just make sure your fan is decent and you have a charcoal filter! Ive got a tent downstairs as well, out in the open, that you wouldn’t know was there based on smell. As for the cabinet, the only intake right now is the screen on the side, I’ve got the doors weather stripped on the inside to seal up again the frame. I’m sure it ain’t airtight, but have yet to have issues with smell.
thanks. grateful if you might show what it looks like using the weather strip on doors from inside. I'm planning to build a 3x3 in my garage to grow my 4 plants. any buildings tips would d be appreciated

Back