Completed First time growing ever (Hydro) problem diagnosis with plant?

Okay thanks,

i see a lot of people using Cal-Mal ? do i need this also? i would have thought the Dutch Pro grow A/B would include every possible ingredient including calcium and magnesium.

Okay thanks,

i see a lot of people using Cal-Mal ? do i need this also? i would have thought the Dutch Pro grow A/B would include every possible ingredient including calcium and magnesium.
Yes, It should be in there. Many strains of cannabis grown under LED lights need a little extra Cal-Mag about 50 PPM should do it. Once again if your PH and/or water level is fluctuating it can cause this as well.

So, this is the next day... and my plant has drooped again.. the roots... they look a little brown? feel a little smiley? possible case of root rot?

i was told to spray it with Hydrogen Peroxide. which i did a few days ago.. and then added Hydroguard. But then someone else said Hydrogen peroxide will kill the hydroguard also.

so.. i added additional Hydroguard. i hope it will reverse these effects...

any insight on this one?

The pH is set to 5.8 and its stable, the water level is also about half inch below the net pot. nute ppm is 550 just like before the res change.

only thing missing is the cal-mag which is now on order. should arrive soon. However.... doesnt explain the drooping does it?

thanks.
104418941_280707459950805_6937159272147292686_n.jpg
104932083_892943501206442_4771148786853046047_n.jpg
106290498_1569554349883984_1102856236090708763_n.jpg

Last edited:
And upon very close inspection, i am seeing pistils forming. the biggest one is just about 10mm in length, but very very thin... is she starting to flower now? should i swap to dutch pro Bloom nutes instead? :\ im highly confused on what the hell is going on if im being honest :O
0V3A6949.jpg
0V3A6950.jpg
0V3A6951.jpg

The H2o2 killed all of the benificial microbes along with the bad ones - if there were any in the first place. If you are running "fresh" HydroGuard you did not have root rot. The plant may be missing the nutrients provided by those microbes. Some plants just droop but your plant looks hungry.

How vigorous is the aeration? It looks as if the roots are not growing laterally? Small bubbles are important.

The H2o2 killed all of the benificial microbes along with the bad ones - if there were any in the first place. If you are running "fresh" HydroGuard you did not have root rot. The plant may be missing the nutrients provided by those microbes. Some plants just droop but your plant looks hungry.

How vigorous is the aeration? It looks as if the roots are not growing laterally? Small bubbles are important.

I am running the fresh hydroguard as of seeing the roots last night. Yes the plants do look hungry and the brown spots that look like calcium deficiency have spread to other fan leaves. the plant is getting worse. My cal-mag should arrive tomorrow i hope so i can add some of that in there.

the bubbles look extremely good to me, small bubbles and there is lots of it. the water level is half inch below the net pot. should i lower the water level to force the roots to extend?

also. i needed to increase the pH as i lowered it too much with Dtuch Pro pH Down, and so i used a sodium hydroxide solution. Could that have caused any issues?

thanks.

Baking soda....................... not Sodium hydroxide, it is a highly caustic base and alkali that decomposes proteins at ordinary ambient temperatures and may cause severe chemical burns.

I don't know if you used enough to cause damage but it would only take very small amount in 4.5 gallons to cause damage. This may be the stripping effect I see on the roots. You may have dissolved them?

Keep the water level where it is and constant.

:goodluck:

:vibe:

Baking soda....................... not Sodium hydroxide, it is a highly caustic base and alkali that decomposes proteins at ordinary ambient temperatures and may cause severe chemical burns.

I don't know if you used enough to cause damage but it would only take very small amount in 4.5 gallons to cause damage. This may be the stripping effect I see on the roots. You may have dissolved them?

Keep the water level where it is and constant.

:goodluck:

:vibe:

Yep, that makes sense, the slimey feeling has to be from the sodium hydroxide dissolving away at the organic root. i will need to start a new clean res. i didnt measure the value i added, but i added enough to increase from 5.2 to 5.8 pH. it took a substantial amount of hydroxide solution to raise this pH. so ive been a complete idiot :sadcry: F****************CK

Yep, that makes sense, the slimey feeling has to be from the sodium hydroxide dissolving away at the organic root. i will need to start a new clean res. i didnt measure the value i added, but i added enough to increase from 5.2 to 5.8 pH. it took a substantial amount of hydroxide solution to raise this pH. so ive been a complete idiot :sadcry: F****************CK
The hard lessens are long remembered.

The hard lessens are long remembered.

indeed... :D :D

Thats the new fresh res filled in. the roots did look a little browner today, now.. i tried something here, let me know if it was a bad thing to do or not.. i filled up my spare bucket with tap water which is soft of only around 40ppm. i then put my air stones in there to bubble it. i then sprayed H2o2 on the roots directly, then i placed the plant in there for abour 45 minutes with the bubbling going, by this time the h202 should have broken down into oxygen and water. Hopefully.. it should also eliminate any root rot bacteria. then i placed the plant into the clean new nutrient filled res along with added Hydroguard.

do you think this was a good idea?

thanks.

Back