Completed First time growing ever (Hydro) problem diagnosis with plant?

I do not think it will be ready in a month. It probably has at least a month and a half. However. You will have some bud on it in a month that you will be able to smoke

Thanks!

Judging by that picture, how long do you think until flowering and harvest? rough time scale? i have just been informed that my family bought me a ticket abroad for 2 weeks... and i need to make sure itl be ready to harvest before i go.... in exactly one month :\
No chance, You better be training a plant sitter, harvest when you get home!

Okay thanks!

i also wanted to mention that the seed i am using, is about 2 years old.. or rather, i bought it two years ago. but never grew it. I wonder if that would cause any issues during its growth cycle?

the strain is called "Auto Shark Feminised" and its mutli cross with Super Skunk x Northern Lights x Ruderalis with a flowering time of 42 days according to its spec sheet.

Last edited:
Update on the plant, it has gotten much bigger in the last few days, its looking very healthy, leaves are green but the grow light has messed up the lighting in there :D

exciting! the roots have gotten really big also, but i still do not see a thick tap root... only a bunch of thinner roots all twisted into one another.

0V3A6802.jpg

Judging by the size of the plant etc, should i increase the level of PPM ? it is currently at 570ppm. and it went up there by itself, i started at 440ppm 9 days ago.

Judging by the size of the plant etc, should i increase the level of PPM ? it is currently at 570ppm. and it went up there by itself, i started at 440ppm 9 days ago.
Is the water level decreasing? That would cause PPM to rise? Time to change the reservoir.

Is the water level decreasing? That would cause PPM to rise? Time to change the reservoir.

Yep, the water level is decreasing, i am assuming it is drinking water much faster now. Any reason to change water in the res? the roots are still in the water, is it not wasteful on nutes?

again, sorry for questions, im just very new to all of this.

Yep, the water level is decreasing, i am assuming it is drinking water much faster now. Any reason to change water in the res? the roots are still in the water, is it not wasteful on nutes?

again, sorry for questions, im just very new to all of this.

We were all new at some point :thumbsup:

Have you read my DWC primer.
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/deep-water-culture-basics-bubbleponics.64478/
Do you understand Liebig's Law of the minimum?

lets just paint a picture here. You put a, b, and c (nutrients) in the reservoir. The plant eats a and b but not c. We know that when the nutrients are out of balance the plant cannot use them correctly (Liebig's Law). The only way (short of a lab analysis) to get the reservoir back in balance is with a fresh reservoir.

I just thought of a better analogy you fill the reservoir with bananas, pineapples and blueberries. The plant needs and is eating the blueberries but it is getting harder to find them in all of the bananas and pineapples. Now something else is happening the pineapple spines that used to be cushioned by the blueberries are piercing the bananas and locking to them. Now the plant can't eat them. They are locked out.

I am stoned. I hope you get my point. There are so many reasons to change the reservoir every week, keep the water level consistent and top off your nutes between changes.

I do it without fail.

:vibe:

I have changed the res yesterday so hopefully itl start eating more nutes. However, i have noticed some brown small patches on one of the fan leaves, and at first, it was a very small dot on the leave, and i noticed this about 3 days ago. Now its gotten worse and bigger. Any ideas what this is caused by? i have attached some pcitures, this image is from today.

105528614_263459495102789_5121615575462485032_n.jpg
105704969_271764637475242_383492999900803114_n.jpg

Looks like the beginings of calcium deficiency. I can be caused by not enough calcium or too much magnesium or wild PH swings.

tox-lockout.jpg

Just keep the water level consistent, PH in range and PPM 500 (nutrients only).

Back