Completed First time growing ever (Hydro) problem diagnosis with plant?

further update, getting light coloured tips and the edges of leaves are pointing upwards like a serrated blade. Any ideas whats causing this?

ppm is currently at 500. And pH is 5.8 stable.

thanks!

thumbnail_20200701_021440.jpg

further update, getting light coloured tips and the edges of leaves are pointing upwards like a serrated blade. Any ideas whats causing this?

ppm is currently at 500. And pH is 5.8 stable.

thanks!

View attachment 1208313
Heat and wind can cause all 3 observations. What you are looking at appears to be very minor and of no concern at this point. When you post pictures for diagnostics it is important to use "day light" 5000k color light for the picture. Turn off the grow lights. The color of the plant tells a story.

so here is a better quality picture of the entire plant, outside of the grow enviroment with normal lighting and bounce flash shot with my photography gear. I was wondering why this plant is taking such a long time to stretch. Its short with big leaves all over, but no sign of stretching. Could this be because of how stressed the plant was beforehand? also... the dying fan leaves should they be removed? those were the first and biggest leaves the plant had, which has not died clearly.

when should i swap to bloom nutes? i can see pistils all over the plant.

thanks.

0V3A6957.jpg
0V3A6958.jpg
0V3A6960.jpg

so here is a better quality picture of the entire plant, outside of the grow enviroment with normal lighting and bounce flash shot with my photography gear. I was wondering why this plant is taking such a long time to stretch. Its short with big leaves all over, but no sign of stretching. Could this be because of how stressed the plant was beforehand? also... the dying fan leaves should they be removed? those were the first and biggest leaves the plant had, which has not died clearly.

when should i swap to bloom nutes? i can see pistils all over the plant.

thanks.

View attachment 1208801View attachment 1208806View attachment 1208807
It looks good considering the rough start! Pick off the damaged leaves they are not adding to the plant any longer. You are two weeks or more from needing bloom nutes She is still in veg and the pistils show she is a girl.

Hol
It looks good considering the rough start! Pick off the damaged leaves they are not adding to the plant any longer. You are two weeks or more from needing bloom nutes She is still in veg and the pistils show she is a girl.
Holy cow man she looks amazing considering. I agree take the lower damaged leaves off and she is now on track and honestly she might end up even being pretty decent sized. She def has a couple more weeks of veg/stretch which is a good thing so she can get get some size on her

Update:

The plant is getting much bigger, its getting very bushy, with little signs of stretch.

i have noticed that i need to top up with 2L of water every 2 days... its drinking a Liter of water per day.. is that normal?

i will post a picture up later on to show how big she is getting!

Update:

The plant is getting much bigger, its getting very bushy, with little signs of stretch.

i have noticed that i need to top up with 2L of water every 2 days... its drinking a Liter of water per day.. is that normal?

i will post a picture up later on to show how big she is getting!
Do not worry about the stretch it will come when the plant is ready. Don't compare to the vendor information, time line or anybody else's plant. Just watch the plant in front of you.

I have had plants use more than a gallon of water a day. When the water level drops like that in the reservoir it exposes the roots to air and causes the plant some stress. You should add water several times a day or add a float valve and top-off tank with aeration. The top-off tank will allow you to mix 25% to 30% strength nutrients and as the fluid moves to the reservoir it will keep the PPMs fairly constant. This also keeps the plant happier.

Keep up the good work. This plant wants to grow!

:vibe:

okay perfect! thats a lot of water damn! impressive, she drinks more than me on a daily basis hahaha.

anyway... upon closer inspection i am getting these weird holes on some leaves, does it look like a bug is eating away at my plant? i tried to keep everything insect free. what can i do and use as an insect repellent?

also, i havent increased my ppm at all. ive left it at 480 - 490ppm just because im scared ill over feed and she will die...

should i increase ppm however? or what about when i switch ti bloom nutes. should i increase the ppm then? or keep it safe at 480ppm?

sorry for so many questions!

thanks.
0V3A6972.jpg
0V3A6975.jpg
0V3A6976.jpg

okay perfect! thats a lot of water damn! impressive, she drinks more than me on a daily basis hahaha.

anyway... upon closer inspection i am getting these weird holes on some leaves, does it look like a bug is eating away at my plant? i tried to keep everything insect free. what can i do and use as an insect repellent?

also, i havent increased my ppm at all. ive left it at 480 - 490ppm just because im scared ill over feed and she will die...

should i increase ppm however? or what about when i switch ti bloom nutes. should i increase the ppm then? or keep it safe at 480ppm?

sorry for so many questions!

thanks.View attachment 1212355View attachment 1212356View attachment 1212357
I top out my PPMs in DWC around 750 PPM (not counting the starting water). Just increase what you are doing now by 10% per week until you see a little bit of tip burn then back off 10%.

Have you seen the bugs? That looks more like physical damage than a bug? If it is a bug it may be big enough to hand pick - the first line of defense. You do need to know the bug before we know how to treat it.

Back