Outdoor First time grow - northern lights - auto - outdoor

So today i chopped plants 1, 4, 5 & 6.

eab0a742df93f4a0de5500a6d71cbb5f.jpg

8b8ed2d0ea8318cf5cee925131ef5c02.jpg

I binned every single bud with any kind of mold/ rot signs on them.

I did however try to salvage the buds that still looked okay. If they all turn to rubbish then thats just the way it is, but i figured i might aswell try what i can. Some of the buds were very early from being ready but lets see what theyre like! Shit smoke is better than no smoke!

I trimmed every single leaf i could see, while inspecting every single bud there was to ensure no rot was there. Took me ages even with my dad helping.

After trimming them ive now put them laying on a newspaper on a table, with a fan blowing Close to them but not on them, and on the lowest setting. I wasnt planning on drying them anything like this but i had to separate the buds as much as possible to make sure i got rid of any with rot. If they show any signs of rotting while drying they will get binned.

7b4ff53c410045c0bed2fc33c42323df.jpg

228ea7c7cc8d593bdcea74433f23c124.jpg

I have plants 2 and 3 still out going for it. Im going to be keeping a very close eye on them, and if they show signs of rotting they will be chopped too. Hoping they will resist it as they didnt have no rot earlier today, and yesterday they definitely had the least if any on them.

13d536f518a03fd1f1806d6e68049896.jpg

Bad news guys

Going to have to cut my losses and chop most of them. Found the start of more bud rot on plant 6, haven't quite inspected the others yet but im guessing it's more of the same at this point.

Going to chop all infected plants (might still try to salvage the 2 which had none on them, they were the tallest and the latest to flower).

Will update you guys again when i get the chance! So much effort and bud wasted on these girls its devastating lol!

Won't start the next grow until whatever plants ive kept are finished. Wanted to get bigger pots anyway, so hopefully the weather is much better by the time im ready for the next lot too!

Ive learned so much from growing them though so not all bad, will be much more ready and vigilant on the next girls.

Heres hoping for much less rain and much more sun!
yeah, grower's green attitude planning the next go round
Will definitely look into those two mate, when i order my next lot of seeds ill send you a message for a recommendation if that's cool :cheers:
all cool
grobro:pass:

So today i chopped plants 1, 4, 5 & 6.

eab0a742df93f4a0de5500a6d71cbb5f.jpg

8b8ed2d0ea8318cf5cee925131ef5c02.jpg

I binned every single bud with any kind of mold/ rot signs on them.

I did however try to salvage the buds that still looked okay. If they all turn to rubbish then thats just the way it is, but i figured i might aswell try what i can. Some of the buds were very early from being ready but lets see what theyre like! Shit smoke is better than no smoke!

I trimmed every single leaf i could see, while inspecting every single bud there was to ensure no rot was there. Took me ages even with my dad helping.

After trimming them ive now put them laying on a newspaper on a table, with a fan blowing Close to them but not on them, and on the lowest setting. I wasnt planning on drying them anything like this but i had to separate the buds as much as possible to make sure i got rid of any with rot. If they show any signs of rotting while drying they will get binned.

7b4ff53c410045c0bed2fc33c42323df.jpg

228ea7c7cc8d593bdcea74433f23c124.jpg

I have plants 2 and 3 still out going for it. Im going to be keeping a very close eye on them, and if they show signs of rotting they will be chopped too. Hoping they will resist it as they didnt have no rot earlier today, and yesterday they definitely had the least if any on them.

13d536f518a03fd1f1806d6e68049896.jpg
still gonna have a pile of smoke, those buds look good! 2&3 getting there

still gonna have a pile of smoke, those buds look good! 2&3 getting there
Cheers mate, would you say theres any issue with smoking early-harvested buds? Or buds that dont have rot on them, but came from the plant which does? Just wondering if it was even worth trying to salvage what i could.. they look and seem lovely hopefully they dry up free of problems too

Cheers mate, would you say theres any issue with smoking early-harvested buds? Or buds that dont have rot on them, but came from the plant which does? Just wondering if it was even worth trying to salvage what i could.. they look and seem lovely hopefully they dry up free of problems too
Once you get your buds drying, and out of the environment that allowed rot, and you've carefully inspected you should be ok. Early buds have more of a stimulating, motivating effect than buds harvested all cloudy thrics. All cloudy is when I usually harvest, simply because in my environment(66.7N) amber thrics, more sedative, just take too long. As long as you aren't smoking actual mold you're good. When I harvest early because of BR I'll dry that plant a little quicker than usual. Your buds separated should dry fast with no problem, try not to get 2dry.

@daleday , Bit late on the scene. I am happy you are getting help. Yes, i was upset with i had a bit of mould upon harvest, till then during flowering stage i tried to keep them out of the rain , as summers here are humid. When it came to harvest, i had tweezers, and small scissors, and a lighter, and i carefully cut any mould specs out and fired them with lighter, then moved what rott i had and to save as much as i could, and kept the fan on them with a airy rack

Once you get your buds drying, and out of the environment that allowed rot, and you've carefully inspected you should be ok. Early buds have more of a stimulating, motivating effect than buds harvested all cloudy thrics. All cloudy is when I usually harvest, simply because in my environment(66.7N) amber thrics, more sedative, just take too long. As long as you aren't smoking actual mold you're good. When I harvest early because of BR I'll dry that plant a little quicker than usual. Your buds separated should dry fast with no problem, try not to get 2dry.
Thanks mate! Although its unfortunate doesnt sound like it was too bad to chop them early then!
@daleday , Bit late on the scene. I am happy you are getting help. Yes, i was upset with i had a bit of mould upon harvest, till then during flowering stage i tried to keep them out of the rain , as summers here are humid. When it came to harvest, i had tweezers, and small scissors, and a lighter, and i carefully cut any mould specs out and fired them with lighter, then moved what rott i had and to save as much as i could, and kept the fan on them with a airy rack
Cheers man, i didnt have the bravery to start being all surgical with them lol! It's a real shame but still got 2 going strong and then its onto the next!

So the drying is done! It was very quick im guessing because the buds were very seperated and broken down. Was inspecting them a lot and turning them over, as the side facing down wasnt going to air out very well. Lost about 5 or so more buds to a bit of mould forming so binned those too, and the final amount are now in the jar!

1c19a38a0404b471d6347043c6e99f05.jpg

The 2 plant's are still outside and are looking great. Suns back out and should be here to stay for a while...

3c9cdfb17d25b66595820464b3b5b89d.jpg
558a9d593e9223c5e4c536e03d2f0845.jpg

Today i ordered some bits. I have ordered ten 20L air-pots and A 60x jewellers loupe as my 30x isnt that great. Was going to also buy some sticky traps but they seem way to expensive on ebay and amazon etc, so gonna pop down a gardening centre at some point and hope they have some. Excited to start the next grow once they arrive. Think I'll be running the ones i bought already: 5 blue diesel auto (unsure of the seed bank, bought in grow store) and 5 afghan mass xxl auto (00 seeds). Ive got a few free seeds too: jack herer auto, cheese auto, and an afghan auto. Will probably throw those in the pots i used in this grow to have extra alongside. Growing more next round as now i know firsthand that something can go wrong along the way. After i grow this next lot, ill be looking at different strains traits in a lot of depth before buying. Proper planning prevents piss poor performance!! :pass:

Last edited:
The two left still seem free of problems! Fed them today 1ml/L grow 3ml/L bloom ..

Took the buds back out from the jar last night as they seemed quite moist in there, don't think they were dry enough. Seem much drier today so will probably be going back in the jars later

Nice haul regardless. Sorry about the mold! I hear Spain gets less rain during the summer so you may do better re: mold. Warmer temps help as well! I had an odd feeling something went awry with your grow when I was logging in. Hoping your last two finish up without anymore of the ol' botrytis!

Back