Outdoor First time grow - northern lights - auto - outdoor

Nice haul regardless. Sorry about the mold! I hear Spain gets less rain during the summer so you may do better re: mold. Warmer temps help as well! I had an odd feeling something went awry with your grow when I was logging in. Hoping your last two finish up without anymore of the ol' botrytis!
Yeah werent too bad at all considering ive still got two plants going, i threw away quite a lot of big buds and harvested early aswell! Learnt a lot too so a very successful first grow in my opinion lol! Havent weighed it yet need to get some scales but ive had a smoke from it and its a lovely smoke, tastes a teeny bit leafy but thats supposed to go after curing i think?

You could sense it lol! Yeah summer here is very very little rain and hot sunny days so i think the next grow will be great. Going to have to figure something out for the rainy season grows i guess! The two outside both seem healthy still and are packing on buds each day, they were behind by quite a bit i think but theyre catching up now!

Thanks buddy

I actually grow during the cool part of year so I don't need to run AC to cool my annual grow: in your case I'd grow enough in the dry season so you have plenty of well-cured smoke to get you through the winter months. I bet you'll have no issues with that after the next run!

Curing for a few months will definitely help knock down that grassy note for you. :)

I actually grow during the cool part of year so I don't need to run AC to cool my annual grow: in your case I'd grow enough in the dry season so you have plenty of well-cured smoke to get you through the winter months. I bet you'll have no issues with that after the next run!

Curing for a few months will definitely help knock down that grassy note for you. :)
Yeah mate i think growing in the dry season will probably be my best bet! Ill see how much i get from the next run to judge how many plants is good for me. I think the next wet season ill give it another go with a select choice of strains specifically resistant to the mould, i guess ill see how i feel at that point. Summer grows will definitely be where its at for me though i think! Even just losing the tent makes life easier looking after them.

When feeding the 2 girls today i did notice very slight moulding on one bud. I snipped the whole branch it was on, and i think ill be harvesting these two soon. Probably this weekend once the soil dries out. I think losing the tent has helped MASSIVELY. I wont be using another until there is no choice, at which point i may just halt the grows until temps warm up and rain slows down. See how it goes.

Theyve packed on a lot of bud since i harvested the others, so im glad i let these 2 last a little longer. Ill be harvesting more from these 2 than the others as ive lost a lot less bud off of these.

The bud from the others smokes lovely! It was definitely a early harvest and i was worried about the drying and curing since the rot showed up, but it seems to have gone well since they smoke great :D :pass:

Last edited:
Chopping the last two today! Im going to attempt trimming the buds as much as possible before the chop, then hanging them to dry as whole as possible in the wardrobe.

Heres a pic mid trim
a3a9f1173d870b3495096412b6d25583.jpg

About 4 of the biggest buds broke off during the trim, but here is the finished product exactly as ill be hanging it to dry

Didnt get every bit of leaf off, but managed to do as good of a trim as i did on the earlier harvest plants. Think they look pretty good
226989e40e8ef063cb9c3b09d6854fe5.jpg

So the second plants buds were much more airy and very very leafy. I changed my mind on this one and snipped each bud as it was much easier to trim. Ill be drying this plant the same as the plants before, seperated on a table with a fan blowing near it.

The first plant im very pleased with the trimming and hanging it whole. Its now in the wardrobe, i have AC on in my room so will be inspecting how the buds are drying and turning the AC on or off as i see fit. The buds look great on this plant, think it was the best of them all.
af559a776395b2f71f3f89bc69d84f7a.jpg

Both plants have dried out really well! The one hanging dried alot faster than expected, was expecting a week or so but they seem good to go now, 3rd day drying. Probably because i had the AC going a lot on dry mode to keep the humidity mid range. The buds laid out also seem dry, but i think the hanging one smells so much better.

I have put both lots of buds in seperate jars to cure now. Will be smoking the leafy buds while the better plant cures for longer. The plant i had hanging is probably the best plant so far in terms of yield (as others got the rot worse) and look of the buds, and the plant i laid out to dry was probably the worst of the 6. Didnt get hit with the rot bad either but the density of the buds isnt as great, very airy and leafy.

2f3bcbf953bcc29a91353c146cccccb9.jpg

My new air pots arrived yesterday too! So today ive planted 11 new seeds, not sure whether i should start a new journal for those or continue on this, any inputs?

start a new thread :thumbsup: il stick a new grower and completed prefix on this thread :thumbsup:
and an outdoor prefix on new thread :thumbsup:
shit i missed the end :face: as a 1st :greenthumb:brilliant grow.number 2 is a minter :smokeit: a month in a jar and the freshness/greenness will go :coffee:getting hit with br is shitty for all.1st time out the box its double :frowny: great job to stay ontop of it :thumbsup:
im rec not med and i love an early cut :woohoo:yield only matters if ya in danger of running out :eyebrows: bit of rotation/perpetual and yields dont need to be great :smoking:
lets spam a bit :eyebrows: lucky dip of 56 who have read this
:smokeout: @the green bandit @KonopCh @Yourmom @Frenjamin Banklin @Moonshade @smokeyfromau @shumway @Time @Swan :smokeout:
i think @daleday has done great whatyas think ?
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

Back