Outdoor First time grow - northern lights - auto - outdoor

Lemon juice to me makes no sense whatsoever by the time you dilute the lemon juice down it's useless anyways all this is smell good I've done it before the baking soda has useful properties but it's not needed in this process the hydrogen peroxide will do all the work for you just make it stronger or weaker.
But drench your plants you already exhibiting bud rot now drench your plants do not wait. You want to get them plants as clean of the infection as fast as possible ASAP on hydrogen peroxide mix for real this no joke that shit will decimate your crop in a heartbeat. It's because of the Dank buds and any kind of moisture gets inside them it can't get out and it creates heat and the heat creates the mold and it also can happen from bug poop and moisture. In any case it has to be washed off immediately your best bet is to drench as the mix I give you first 1 quart to two quarts of water and then you can dial it down as a preventative and you can use it everyday if you care to it does not bother the plant the plants actually love the extra O2 there's a lot of uses for hydrogen peroxide in your growing Google it YouTube it it's all over the place it's a great tool.
Good luck bro happy growing[emoji482]
Big thanks for your detailed answers bro massively appreciate it! I went out on the hunt for some hydrogen peroxide but cannot find any anywhere!
Two big supermarkets here in spain and both havent got any. Ill attempt to get some tomorrow again maybe to a garden centre or something, not sure where to find it.
Definitely gonna buy a nice lot of it to use in future grows too, done a quick youtube and has multiple uses plus the bud wash during harvest so will definitely be on the search for this tomorrow!

Many thanks mate!
Did also an outdoor NL...twice...
Western EU...wet summer of 2017...
This is the advice u dont wanna hear....but i had to cut her....its very hard to get rid of mold...powdery mildew...all kind of bastard sucky illness badass stuff nobody wants to deal with... @archie gemmill u remember don t u.
My advice is....kill them. Because it will continue when drying your plants...unless you make your heart a stone...cut all the mold out...all of it. Clean scissors while doing, avoid hitting not affected buds.
Pitty i just discover your thread bro.
Nice room with a view:eyebrows:.
Nl is pretty mold resistant...so when she has it....you must slaughter.
Hydrogene peroxide is good when discovering it in early stage...no?
Do you have a pic of the worst and less contamin buds?
Anyway...i m not a pro but i know the problem...and never heard lemon juice would help you....maybe as prevention but after? Having doubts...
greetz moon.
Cheers buddy for the reply! I will be chopping them and harvesting/salvaging what i can early if they continue to show more signs of rotting and mould.
However i do have a stone heart as i literally chopped every single bud with any sign and binned them all straight away. Luckily ive been inspecting my plants almost everyday, so i know for sure i caught it very early on.

I have only a couple pictures from indoors after chopping so theyre not the greatest but ill put em up for you to see. Definitely not at the stages google images is showing, but is 100% bud rot, the first bit i noticed i was pulling apart to see what was going on and it was clearly fucked lmao. The pics of pretty much the worser one, i also chopped the ones that very only very slight and not as bad as the pictures but it wasnt worth the risk to me.

Just hoping that now ive binned everything bad that the good stays good, will be keeping VERY close eye on them, hopefully the change in conditions im giving them will help too.

Thanks for the help mate

a99bdf8c2eb64a4f8910fc88aa3643af.jpg

they still look [emoji106] to me,didnt loose to much :coffee:and buds chunking up.indoor growers got it easy keeping temps and RH within range :tongue: my one bout of BR was a plant hanging up drying :face: 100% my fault i turned down or off a table fan.
fingers crossed for a few good days,with little or no rain :cool1: could be plain sailing from here to the end if weather picks up :woohoo1: but do keep a close eye on them[emoji106] top advice and experience from @Growtogrow :cheers: and @Moonshade :cheers:
good luck n keep er lit.
:pighug:
Yeah i definitely caught it quick, its just a shame it was so sudden. Had to discard so much bud aswell but oh well!
Definitely learning that i have no control of the weather and most conditions lol! Just gotta do my best and let nature go for it!
Thanks alot for tagging people to help aswell mate appreciate it alot!

hey grobro. Bud rot, what pestilence! I grow greenhouse and full out. I had to add a lot of venting to my greenhouse, to dissipate heat gain and keep it drier. With adequate venting the only time I get condensate on inside greenhouse fabric is when there is very dense ground fog in the fall. Fortunately this only happens a couple of times and is of short duration. I leave plenty of room between plants! I defoliate, almost continuously, a little at a time, during last 1/2 of grow. by the time buds are big and juicy I can easily visually inspect everything! Once you get on to it you can spot the very first tiny specks of rot. I carefully remove them. But, the problem remains. Strains that lack adequate resistance are gonna get it again. Environment hasn't changed, resistance hasn't changed. The next time I see rot I'll harvest. I'm not a fan of early harvests, but in this case I'm removing a susceptible plant from the proximity of others, and getting her to the drying room without losing any buddage and spreading the funk.
My bud rot strategy:
Strain selection key......resistance!
Defol to increase air and light, and create easy bud viewing.
If in any kind of enclosure...vent. vent, vent!
Next grow you will bank on what you are learning now. By catching BR early, I mean first speck, your confidence will grow. Now you can grow knowing the bad guys are out there, and know you aren't gonna lose a bunch and spread it!

Last edited:
Big thanks for your detailed answers bro massively appreciate it! I went out on the hunt for some hydrogen peroxide but cannot find any anywhere!
Two big supermarkets here in spain and both havent got any. Ill attempt to get some tomorrow again maybe to a garden centre or something, not sure where to find it.
Definitely gonna buy a nice lot of it to use in future grows too, done a quick youtube and has multiple uses plus the bud wash during harvest so will definitely be on the search for this tomorrow!

Many thanks mate!
Cheers buddy for the reply! I will be chopping them and harvesting/salvaging what i can early if they continue to show more signs of rotting and mould.
However i do have a stone heart as i literally chopped every single bud with any sign and binned them all straight away. Luckily ive been inspecting my plants almost everyday, so i know for sure i caught it very early on.

I have only a couple pictures from indoors after chopping so theyre not the greatest but ill put em up for you to see. Definitely not at the stages google images is showing, but is 100% bud rot, the first bit i noticed i was pulling apart to see what was going on and it was clearly fucked lmao. The pics of pretty much the worser one, i also chopped the ones that very only very slight and not as bad as the pictures but it wasnt worth the risk to me.

Just hoping that now ive binned everything bad that the good stays good, will be keeping VERY close eye on them, hopefully the change in conditions im giving them will help too.

Thanks for the help mate

a99bdf8c2eb64a4f8910fc88aa3643af.jpg

Yeah i definitely caught it quick, its just a shame it was so sudden. Had to discard so much bud aswell but oh well!
Definitely learning that i have no control of the weather and most conditions lol! Just gotta do my best and let nature go for it!
Thanks alot for tagging people to help aswell mate appreciate it alot!

Thats indeed some nice budrot....good u have a stone heart! Lol. Me not.
!! Amigo mío, hydrogen peroxide is available en la farmacia = agua oxigenada. Up here not in the supermarket available. Neither in gardenstores. Greetz , moon.

hey grobro. Bud rot, what pestilence! I grow greenhouse and full out. I had to add a lot of venting to my greenhouse, to dissipate heat gain and keep it drier. With adequate venting the only time I get condensate on inside greenhouse fabric is when there is very dense ground fog in the fall. Fortunately this only happens a couple of times and is of short duration. I leave plenty of room between plants! I defoliate, almost continuously, a little at a time, during last 1/2 of grow. by the time buds are big and juicy I can easily visually inspect everything! Once you get on to it you can spot the very first tiny specks of rot. I carefully remove them. But, the problem remains. Strains that lack adequate resistance are gonna get it again. Environment hasn't changed, resistance hasn't changed. The next time I see rot I'll harvest. I'm not a fan of early harvests, but in this case I'm removing a susceptible plant from the proximity of others, and getting her to the drying room without losing any buddage and spreading the funk.
My bud rot strategy:
Strain selection key......resistance!
Defol to increase air and light, and created easy bud viewing.
If in any kind of enclosure...vent. vent, vent!
Next grow you will bank on what you are learning now. By catching BR early, I mean first speck, your confidence will grow. Now you can grow knowing the bad guys are out there, and know you aren't gonna lose a bunch and spread it!
Thanks for the reply mate! I was using a plastic greenhouse, more like a tarp tent, but i do think even when the door was open that ventilation was an issue. Plus the rain collected on top and the area was kept moist. I thought the same with the fact more rot will come if conditions arent changed, I'm hoping that now theyre out of the tent the added airflow and space will make up for the moisture when it does rain! Trial and error for the new grower i guess

Will definitely research strains when i buy the next bunch, however in the summer im guessing ill have a complete different set of problems to overcome due to the heat and less wind at that time! Fingers crossed lol! Thanks for the input buddy
Thats indeed some nice budrot....good u have a stone heart! Lol. Me not.
!! Amigo mío, hydrogen peroxide is available en la farmacia = agua oxigenada. Up here not in the supermarket available. Neither in gardenstores. Greetz , moon.
You are an absolute legend! Thats what i shouldve been looking for after googling and im pretty sure i saw bottles of those in the supermarket lol! Back down there tomorrow and if not ill try the pharmacy!
yep probably just got a diferent name for it....jif/cif,marathon/snickers :shrug:
my budrot :frowny:
View attachment 1049810
:pighug:
Looks exactly like mine lol! Had a great first grow up to this point, it was bound to come into some kind of problem! Ill be watching them closely and ill be extra careful during drying, ill be anticipating the rot this time!!

Last edited:
For the greenhouse Bubba Trouble/Magic Strains, the very large pheno, is the rock of vigor and resistance. 2 years running in the greenhouse zero BR! And two really crappy growing seasons weatherwise. Sweet Skunk/Sweet Seeds did stellar in the raised garden last season, no rot, same crappy weather.

For the greenhouse Bubba Trouble/Magic Strains, the very large pheno, is the rock of vigor and resistance. 2 years running in the greenhouse zero BR! And two really crappy growing seasons weatherwise. Sweet Skunk/Sweet Seeds did stellar in the raised garden last season, no rot, same crappy weather.
Will definitely look into those two mate, when i order my next lot of seeds ill send you a message for a recommendation if that's cool :cheers:

Bad news guys

Going to have to cut my losses and chop most of them. Found the start of more bud rot on plant 6, haven't quite inspected the others yet but im guessing it's more of the same at this point.

Going to chop all infected plants (might still try to salvage the 2 which had none on them, they were the tallest and the latest to flower).

Will update you guys again when i get the chance! So much effort and bud wasted on these girls its devastating lol!

Won't start the next grow until whatever plants ive kept are finished. Wanted to get bigger pots anyway, so hopefully the weather is much better by the time im ready for the next lot too!

Ive learned so much from growing them though so not all bad, will be much more ready and vigilant on the next girls.

Heres hoping for much less rain and much more sun!

Back