Outdoor First time grow - northern lights - auto - outdoor

Todays feed day again, pots feeling light and soils dry at the top.

Not much to report on, wont be posting pics as i think i got some good ones last time, and now its just more of the same at the mo.

Theyre doing great, the slower plants are still budding up well, i think the up in nutes is working wonders.

Feed is the same as last time, 1.5ml/L grow and 3ml/L bloom.

Yesterday i ordered a 30x jewellers loupe from ebay, hopefully that will be good enough to check on the trichomes.. (i realised after i ordered it that the post i read said 60x so fingers crossed 30 will be okay). If not ill get my dad's camera out, he can see craters on the moon with that thing so will definitely work.

I know now is the time that was specified for harvest however i still dont think any are ready, so itll be good to see the trichomes properly to get a real idea. Read up a lot on how to harvest so i think ill be good with it.

On harvest day im planning on trimming the plant as much as possible while still in the pot. Every normal leaf possible, then every trichomed leaf possible, and then at bottom of stem and hanging it whole. That's the plan anyway it might prove difficult trimming EVERYTHING while the plant is whole but im gonna give it a go!

Cheers guys!

While feeding the girls i downloaded a magnifier on my phone, only 10x but plant 1 trichomes look lovely and cloudy!

Will definitely wait for the jewellers loupe to come before making decisions, especially because shes still got quite a lot of white pistils, but its nice to see!

It also gives me more confidence the 30x will work because even a 10x on my phone werent TOO bad!

One group photo :cheers:
ff82ab0b83054de06cab31c450245e1a.jpg

You've got a while to go mate. I'd say three or more weeks yet! Your girls look lovely! This time round I'm waiting for my false seed pods to SWELL before harvest, rather than looking at trichomes. That final swell is the real peak and is what I'm waiting for. With some sativas or sativa-dominant strains, pistils and trichomes keep coming as the plant is dying, so it caused me to harvest a plant way too late a few years ago. The swollen seed pod thing with around 80% red hairs on hybrids/indicas is what I'm going for on this run.

As for trimming whole: never done it that way. Since humidity is a constant battle here, I tend to break the plant down, and even top colas sometimes, and I trim over a paper bag so all the sugar leaves with trichs can be used for hash once they're dry. My gf likes her edibles, though, so I've promised her my trim from this run!

You've got a while to go mate. I'd say three or more weeks yet! Your girls look lovely! This time round I'm waiting for my false seed pods to SWELL before harvest, rather than looking at trichomes. That final swell is the real peak and is what I'm waiting for. With some sativas or sativa-dominant strains, pistils and trichomes keep coming as the plant is dying, so it caused me to harvest a plant way too late a few years ago. The swollen seed pod thing with around 80% red hairs on hybrids/indicas is what I'm going for on this run.

As for trimming whole: never done it that way. Since humidity is a constant battle here, I tend to break the plant down, and even top colas sometimes, and I trim over a paper bag so all the sugar leaves with trichs can be used for hash once they're dry. My gf likes her edibles, though, so I've promised her my trim from this run!
Yeah theyre going to have taken alot longer than i thought, but its all good... it's really interesting all the different ways of harvesting drying and curing i guess you just have to try them out to see what suits best. Every day the buds on the further along plants are getting bigger and looking even better and the slower plants are filling up gradually too so will be there soon enough!!

I dont measure humidity except for the weather app on my phone which usually shows mid range, but goes sky high while it is raining. After rain stops it creeps back down, the rain and dampness on buds drys up fairly quickly and nicely. Not sure what itll be like during drying as I'll actually have control over humidity for once. Ill definitely keep the leaves with trichomes on to try and make first lot of hash, ill probably end up breaking the plant down more like you said as im predicting itll be hard to do with the plant whole.

Either way ill end up drying with them hanging either whole or in branches in my bedroom wardrobe, ill either get a fan blowing in the room or have the aircon on (havent researched if aircon will be good or bad for drying them yet). Just gonna go with whatever seems easiest and simplest first and learn from any mistakes as i go.

I hope your gf repays you with brownies loool!! :cheers:

Found some bugs eggs on the underside of leaves on plant 5 today. Got what i could find off, will have a proper look at all the leaves when i feed next

Looking great! Nice and frosty. I actually harvested earlier than expected: I feel peak aroma is the best time to harvest, since if you wait too long, aroma seems to drop off...
Cheers buddy, yeah it seems like harvesting is a little bit of a grey area between people so im gonna be keeping a close eye on them!

Day 90

Todays feed 1.5x grow and 3x bloom!

Update on pics today aswell!

Been very cloudy past few days and supposedly for a few more, today however was quite nice out. Hoping for more sun!

Girls coming along lovely and no current issues as far as i can see!
Few small bugs flying around near the soil, research tells me theyre fungus gnats, going to try to let the top inch of soil start drying out between feeds again to combat them a little, next grow i will get some sticky traps of different kinds to put around them.

Pics are 1&2, 3&4, 5&6 and then lower bud close ups in order:

1 & 2

338fdf89d09c98982609c774ce2cbaae.jpg

3 & 4

2fd50b102e63048cd66801b3ce4a1d81.jpg

5 & 6

8c6e93e2a97f6bd995cba41352e2bc01.jpg

Close ups

1ea3ad199399c6235ff6f599e22281c5.jpg

9842ebd8982d3e7301e2aa8035c89c93.jpg

d47e30d45f04d82c35d6f9e8fc4547c8.jpg

4b26483a9393b628520f17d3dcdf9aa2.jpg